The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EdgeIsTooSexy said:
U2neat were you in the 2nd pen in hawaii???

good luck with getting more recordings have you seen brian around??

i was in the second pen, if i remember correctly, we got there at around 5am, so it has got to be the 2nd one. Which one were you in? :)

omg yeaaah we met each other...i think! did u want to get on stage and play with them? And u signed my moms shirt?

I had the sign: Edge (sexy beast) will you dance with me?

U2_Neat said:
it sounds like a transition from ATYCLB/HTDAAB to another place, it's somewhere in between two worlds, but it's just a demo, so it's not finished yet.

I heard new guitar effects, a beautiful solo, and Bono's voice being in a great shape. The vocal line is also very interesting Unfortunately, I couldn't make out any lyrics, apart from the "No Line On The Horizon" bit.

I realise it's just a demo, but absolutely I love the free flow of it...and the fact that the guitar appears to be so integral. From the 2:40 mark, to the end, it's completely UNGHH!! :drool:

Irishteen said:
...Oh and it has to be free unless you guys are sponsoring me and U2 Neat here :wink:

I'm sending you a Canadian quarter! :wink:

bonocomet said:
Thanks you guys for getting these :up:

:up: :up:

You guys have got to be the ultimate badasses of the year for going out and getting these clips :up:

The effort you're putting in to give our starving souls some U2 sustenance is awesome and deserves the applause of God himself.

That being said...my ears can't pick up too much concrete sound from the clip of 'NLOTH' but what I do here is utterly boner-inducing.

Keep it up! Don't stop now! Thanks again.

LemonMelon said:
If it weren't for Adam and Larry's good sense, I'm sure HTDAAB would have featured several rap songs. :wink:

I bet Mercy was originally a rap track.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
omg yeaaah we met each other...i think! did u want to get on stage and play with them? And u signed my moms shirt?

I had the sign: Edge (sexy beast) will you dance with me?

ahhhhhh, it's you! such a small world!!! :D

how r u guys? come to dublin, we MUST jam together!!

AWESOME! When i saw your avatar i was like hmmm...is it him?
We're good! How are you?
You play guitar as well dont you? I'm trying to get on stage this tour to play!
I want to come to Dublin soooooo soooo badly! I would love to jam!

This is really very random and a huge favor to ask but see I saw Brian [edge and bonos security guard] in nyc and asked him to tell Edge, Adge said hi. And I would die to know if he actually did. So if you see him, would you ask him for me? and if there was some sort of reaction from edge?

you guys are kidding right? bono laying down a rap track would be dope.

i want to hear that song treason or whatever it is that was supposedly done w/ dr. dre producing probably more than any other rumored song in u2's sealed vault.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
AWESOME! When i saw your avatar i was like hmmm...is it him?
We're good! How are you?
You play guitar as well dont you? I'm trying to get on stage this tour to play!
I want to come to Dublin soooooo soooo badly! I would love to jam!

This is really very random and a huge favor to ask but see I saw Brian [edge and bonos security guard] in nyc and asked him to tell Edge, Adge said hi. And I would die to know if he actually did. So if you see him, would you ask him for me? and if there was some sort of reaction from edge?

will do! :)

LemonMelon said:
Native Son was as well.

UNGH FIGHT THE POWERS THAT BE MUTHAFUCKAS!!!!

:lmao:

Maybe that's the new direction Bono's all excited about. He's locked Larry in a closet and can now get away with it.

I can't really make anything out, but it does indeed sounds like the chorus song from the Lanois trailer.

hello mom!!!
i'm living here, doing a Masters at Trinity College.

which reminds me, I have to go finish my assignments now,
goodnight people, hope we get you some better sounds tomorrow! :)

Axver said:

:lmao:

Maybe that's the new direction Bono's all excited about. He's locked Larry in a closet and can now get away with it.

Well, that's how they got away with the first Passengers. :scratch:

cool cool! im going to study abroad in ireland...i was actually thinking of going to trinity myself

have fun with that! and thanks so much!

Thanks so much for sharing these with us. I can't make heads or tails of anything I'm hearing, but it's fun to hear even just a little somethin' somethin'. :)

welp i cant really hear anything discernable to make any judgment at all, except I hope Bono continues shouting. can't really say anything about the guitar at the end 'cause i can't hear the music it goes with. sounds cool enough though.

thanks for posting :up: so you guys just go chill out in front of the studio everyday? thats so tight.

and yea man I've always said Rage and U2 should do a live collaboration of Bullet the Blue Sky/Bullet in the Head. Bono snippeting Killing in the Name would be pretty fuckin BA too though, as long as he really got angry about it

UNGH!

corianderstem said:
Thanks so much for sharing these with us. I can't make heads or tails of anything I'm hearing, but it's fun to hear even just a little somethin' somethin'. :)

:reject: that's pretty much how I felt too so I'm glad to know it's not just me. :lol: but yeah, it's cool just for the excitement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom