The Heartland appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I love the sunrise over her skin and how dawn changes everything in the heartland outside of the city of blinding lights (where in the 7 towers (of steel) with only one way out, belief goes on and on). Wow. Did that make sense? Goodness, I love Heartland.

the tourist said:
Yes. I love the sunrise over her skin and how dawn changes everything in the heartland outside of the city of blinding lights (where in the 7 towers (of steel) with only one way out, belief goes on and on). Wow. Did that make sense? Goodness, I love Heartland.

:up:

the tourist said:
Heartland is the countryside outside of the city of blinding lights....

And an unforgettable fire illuminates the nameless streets of heartland at night.

I trap basses in Heartland.

Seriously, have you tried Heartland --> Bass Trap yet? It's :drool: :drool: :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

The thread is still aliiiiiiiive (run run for your life, it's aliiiiiiiiive!!!:ohmy: )

I love love love the backing vocals - I can hear them right now in my head (who needs an Ipod when you've got all the songs in your head)

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

:reject: Sorry, but that was the closest I could get to conveying the level of Goosebumps I get when listening to this song.

C'mon page 12 :rockon:

Whatever happened to Pete the Chop? I've figured it out. He went for a drive in the heartland and loved it so much he never came back....

Upon listening to this song again, I re-iterate the notion that it is an incredible song. However, it is only the second best studio song on R&H - it is simply NOT better than AIWIY, a song that could make grown men cry with lines like 'and all the promises we break from the cradle to the grave when all I want is you'.

But :heart:land :drool:

Heaven knows that Heartland is one of the greatest songs ever made! :heart:

Pero said:
Axver, what's the time in land down under??

You made that comment just past 7am. It's now nearly 8:20am on the 19th.

miss becky said:

Everything IS second to All I Want Is You. That is the best U2 song ever.

I beg to differ!

I think it came in the low twenties when I last ranked all of U2's songs. I had a hard time trying to decide if I preferred it, WOWY, or Pride!

Axver said:

I beg to differ!

I think it came in the low twenties when I last ranked all of U2's songs. I had a hard time trying to decide if I preferred it, WOWY, or Pride!

WOWY was in the low twenties when you ranked songs? FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!! WOWY is quite possibly the finest recording of U2's career!!!!! It is the song that first got me into U2!!!!! It is a MASTERPIECE!!!!!

Axver said:

I beg to differ!

To each his (or her) own. :shrug:

:wink:

I just read every post in this hilarious thread! To be honest, I'd never put that much thought into Heartland. I knew it was U2 excellence but it seemed to hold a postion on the fringes of my U2 obsession. Well, no more! This thread has reignited my passion for Heartland. Thanks:wink:

namkcuR said:

WOWY was in the low twenties when you ranked songs? FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!! WOWY is quite possibly the finest recording of U2's career!!!!! It is the song that first got me into U2!!!!! It is a MASTERPIECE!!!!!

Low twenties is good! Just about anything in the top fifty could get up to #10 on a good day. (I listed my unchanging top nine before.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom