The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him..in Randoomdadoomdoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's always going to be those wacko's that think famous people owe them their time and that they have no personal lives outside of their work. He obviously needs some time to himself if he cancelled a show. People are crazy.

I can't imagine having headaches like that. :yikes: Mine is always just sinus pressure that generally would go away faster if I got off my lazy ass to take some drugs.

and yes Denver and Oakland. It will be a quick visit in both cities but they've both been high on my list of places to go (well San Fransisco) so I'll be able finally see both. I have wanted to go to Red Rocks for soooo long and then a few years ago my sister and her boyfriend randomly went to Denver and made their way to RR. She said I HAVE to go and I'll love it. So....gotta go. :hyper: Now I just need to find not one job but two in order to pay for this trip. I also want to get a better camera. I took pics of soundcheck and maybe I just didn't zoom but Edge looks like an ant in the pics while everyone else has full size pics. There's other examples but I think I just really want a new camera for that trip. :crack:

Lily has not stopped talking to me all afternoon :cute: She has a somewhat constant runny eye so we're always chasing her down to clean it. I noticed last night she had a nasty crusted up piece of goo on her so I tried to clean it but just couldn't get it. She's pretty good to a point about sitting while we do this because it's something she's had since birth. It was just driving me crazy that it wouldn't come off so my mom suggested I use warm water instead of cold. I don't know that neccessarily helped or if it was just because I tried for a second time since last night with water. Anyways....the only people food she ever gets is peanut butter and it's just literally a teeny drop and only when she's super good about getting her nails done (she generally bites or claws us) or the rare bath. But I thought this was definitely a PB day since she sat on the counter and didn't hit or bite me once. I :heart: her! She's so mean to me but I just can't get enough of her. So ever since I gave her a little treat today she has been chatting up a storm with me. :cute: :heart:

:drool: sweet potatoes for dinner....I think I'll make some soup too. I swear all I've eaten since Saturday night is chips, chips, and more chips. My mom bought about 10 bags of french onion Sun Chips. I think I'm officially sick of them :barf:

In honour of the Great Pumpkin (and this thread) the youngest mini fah and I are baking our Halloween cake tonight. A regular cake in a jack o lantern shaped pan. :drool:

If any of you have any advice for the show tomorrow night ~ I would appreciate it!

I have been avoiding listening/watching any recordings of the show just so that I can appreciate it.

:angry: I hate that I wake up when I would be waking up if I had a job to go to. Lily is also wide awake and driving me crazy. It's TOO EARLY for this this much energy from her!

Three's Company in the middle of the night :drool:

time to go to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in St Paul :drool: Yummy vegetarian food on the menu :up:

I'm sure my great aunt will ask a million and one questions about my job. :| The less she, and the rest of my family know, is better. Actually outside of interference, I've only told my immediate family and two of my friends that I'm not working. I don't think it's totally sunk in yet.

my friend just said she's 100% sure about Denver so to get 2 tickets when they go on sale :drool: She's got 7 months to decide about SF/Oakland but she said that's probably a go too! Yay! I shouldn't even think about spending any money right now but this band is my drug. I know I can get tix through here at face value in a few months but whatever. I already bought my subscription so I might as well use my codes.

I'm still in total denial about the job situation. I hope my mom can get me some side business from her work friends after they see what I made for them. She said it's all they've talked about all week asking if I was really going to bake breakfast pastries for them. Apparently one of the janitors got married in a very tiny wedding last month so they decided to throw him and his new wife a little wedding party. It was last week so they were all disappointed I couldn't make a wedding cake due to my U2 in Vegas week. Me too! But...my mom said if I would have made it I probably wouldn't have made much on it since the budget was super little and I might have only gotten enough to cover the cost of the cake. That would have been ok with me since it would have been for my mom. Next time I guess....

I missed the great pumpkin too :(

my impression of fah tonight ~ :rockon:

Hope the veggie lunch was yummy and that you survived the questioning from your aunt

There are worse addictions :) Wave hi to balloon boy if he floats by ya when your in Denver :wink: . I remember seeing pictures of CO when my cousin worked there at a camp when she was in college. Gorgeous :drool: .

Survived work. I wasn't sure that was going to happen this morning. I felt like I was having a out of body experience early on. Bad.

Boss came by at the end of the day and said I seemed to be doing better. I told him that adrenaline had hit and I was counting down to home, bed, pillow. Woke up at 3:15 this morning, headache still present so more meds. Couldn't get back to sleep after that.
I have bonded w/ 7 UP.

Gonna stare at NCIS (gads, I had such a crush on Mark Harmon at one time.......he is still :up:. ) Really just enjoy the characters in that show. My father got me hooked on this show.

I don't know how you deal with that. I'm such a whimp when I get a headache :yikes: 7 up is my most favorite thing in the world. Well diet 7 up. It's one of those things I always have in the house. My mom and sister are both the same way so it's hard to live in the same house(s) with other 7 up addicts!

I don't know what NCIS is but I do know that Mark Harmon was in a show again. He's lookin' old! But I never did think he was all that. :uhoh:

My aunt was annoying but not about work. She's really starting to show her age. Maybe she has for a while but I've only noticed it recently.

I have gotten, sad to say, used to the headaches. It is when it paired w/ the upset stomach that I crumble and lately every single time I get a migraine it is accompanied by a really unhappy stomach. Diet 7 UP is what I have been drinking.

I got hooked on a show called, I think, 240 Robert many moons ago and saw Mark Harmon for the first time *swoon*. Sadly after that he played Ted Bundy in a mini series and he was so good in his role that I was really creeped out by Mr. Harmon for years an years an years. Thanks to dad being hooked on NCIS and getting me hooked, I have been sucked back in :)

NCIS was created by Donald Bellisario and I was a Magnum PI fan too, again thanks to dad. Now I watch Magnum just to see Hawaii :drool: I still miss Hawaii.

Charlie Brown is a trending topic on Twitter..........was Great Pumpkin on again?

apparently it was on the same channel two days in a row. I missed it last night. I saw on one of my friend's FB status that he was bummed about his tickets to the timberwolves game (I would be too!) instead of staying in to watch the great pumpkin. I responded saying it was last night but he and several others, said it was on again tonight. Weirdness. It was about a 1/2 hour before it started that this took place and do you think I remembered? Nope...missed it again. :grumpy:

Ok, even the custard place is getting into the whole Favre thing.
Just got a e-mail from Culvers

Culver's Legendary Turtle Sundae To Retire Fans Can Woo the Dessert Menu Quarterback Back to Sundae Lineup

Shari
Turtle Sundae(T.S.)announced he has nothing left to give and is formally retiring. Though he's waffled on retirement decisions, T.S. says this time it's "final" unless fan's support changes his mind.

You can show your support 10/28-11/1 by wearing your green/gold or purple/white team colors to any of our WI or MN restaurants and receive $1 off the two scoop T.S.

$1 off 2 Scoop Turtle Sundaes from October 28-November 1
Whichever state shows the most support by Nov 1, will win $1 off any Value Basket on Monday, Nov. 2.Show your support by emailing TurtleSundaeLovers@culvers.com or by visiting Culver's Facebook page.

May the best state win! Share your Turtle Sundae love and track your state's progress on Culver's Facebook page.

Oh good heavens :lol:

Ok, even the custard place is getting into the whole Favre thing.
Just got a e-mail from Culvers

Culver's Legendary Turtle Sundae To Retire Fans Can Woo the Dessert Menu Quarterback Back to Sundae Lineup

Shari
Turtle Sundae(T.S.)announced he has nothing left to give and is formally retiring. Though he's waffled on retirement decisions, T.S. says this time it's "final" unless fan's support changes his mind.

You can show your support 10/28-11/1 by wearing your green/gold or purple/white team colors to any of our WI or MN restaurants and receive $1 off the two scoop T.S.

$1 off 2 Scoop Turtle Sundaes from October 28-November 1
Whichever state shows the most support by Nov 1, will win $1 off any Value Basket on Monday, Nov. 2.Show your support by emailing TurtleSundaeLovers@culvers.com or by visiting Culver's Facebook page.

May the best state win! Share your Turtle Sundae love and track your state's progress on Culver's Facebook page.

Oh good heavens :lol:

I think I'm officially sick of the Favre talk all over town now. Just let the dude play. I also cannot wait for Sunday to be over. Maybe the sports guys on espn and other stations will shut up too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom