The "Glossary"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ehh, why are you posting this in EYKIW? :scratch:

Do we even want to know how you found that site? :wink:

Btw, it's from the "old" PLEBA, back in 2000-2003ish, has nothing to do with PLEBA now.

Oh great, a Pleba bashing thead!

It's just some girls (and a few guys) posting some pictures and having some lighthearted fun. I don't see why people have to be so Judgey McJudgerson about that subforum. If people take it so seriously as to deem it scary (not just referring to you Gabe, it's a very common sentiment around here), they're the ones with the problem.

And GG's right, that's from a very old iteration of Pleba, nothing to do with the current version.

And so I don't sound like a humourless harpy, the leather has made Pleba a very worthwhile place to be, this leg. :wink:

One of the (many) things I've found odd about Interference is the puritanical reaction people have to Pleba. Contrary to what people think here, there is nothing inherently low-class, evil, embarrassing, or perverse about sharing photos of the item of discussion (in this case, U2). It's what people do on every fansite I've ever seen, often with great humor or interest, and often by posters much more musically knowledgable than the average poster on here.

One of the (many) things I've found odd about Interference is the puritanical reaction people have to Pleba. Contrary to what people think here, there is nothing inherently low-class, evil, embarrassing, or perverse about sharing photos of the item of discussion (in this case, U2). It's what people do on every fansite I've ever seen, often with great humor or interest, and often by posters much more musically knowledgable than the average poster on here.

Fangirl.

Oy what did I start? I just thought it was funny, the concept of a glossary, like, for newbies or something. Then I somehow I stumbled on a few of the...ahem...published articles and was like :yikes: :wink:

I have NO problem with PLEBA, have posted in there a good few times - that's the place to go, for instance, to get the latest looks a band member is wearing, all good! :up: I was totally being silly VP! :hug:

If you search for 'Glossary' showing titles only you'll see that there's like at least 10 threads in the archives.

:hmm:

Bono's Crotch Night-Light
Bono's Crotch is a supernatural entity, which emits light powerful enough to be used for simple lighting fixtures.
Fun Fact: Not only does it radiate light, it also emits photons, cosmic rays, and was singularly responsible for the broadcast of the "Ed Sullivan Show."

:ohmy:

Elevated
Having an erection.This is the most notorious in-joke in PLEBA.It all started innocently enough. Well, no it didn't.Awakening posted two pictures of Bono from the 2nd London concert on U2's Elevation Tour. These photos revealed, for all to see, hints of U2's "fifth member."Aside from the distinction of garnering 430 response posts (as of 23 Oct 2001), this thread sparked numerous other threads. PLEBA girls searched frantically for any pictures that would suggest that the members of U2 had *ahem* visible members of their own. Every fold in the fabric, every shadow, every bulge was scrutinized.To a casual observer, this is all quite silly. But to every PLEBA girl who scanned the thread list every day for the words "____ is elevated," it's not silly at all. It's serious business.....Then there was the whole 'camel toe' thing....Bono's "area" is so hazardous that any speak of it has been outlawed in some parts. Heheh. Parts.

WTF!

:eek::eek:

(look at that url btw..."man_corral" ??? :lol: )
Okay, first of all, I'm fine with having PLEBA around here. As a straight guy, I'm not involved in the subforum by any means, but if it's your thing, I can respect that. Takes all kinds to make a world, right? :hi5:

...That being said, you have to admit that URL is a tiny bit creepy. :crack:

Oy what did I start? I just thought it was funny, the concept of a glossary, like, for newbies or something. Then I somehow I stumbled on a few of the...ahem...published articles and was like :yikes: :wink:

I have NO problem with PLEBA, have posted in there a good few times - that's the place to go, for instance, to get the latest looks a band member is wearing, all good! :up: I was totally being silly VP! :hug:

:up::wave:

pleba is fine. it's eykiw that's embarrassing.
:cute: Aww!
Well things in here likely would get better if you finally made good on your promise of posting your leather pics!

:wink:

Ok. If you insist. :wink:

bonohappyfrankfurt.jpg

What about some wet leather?
bonohappymoscow2508.jpg

Even Larry is taking a good look of the leather!
bonolarrybdvienna3008.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom