The Fly Suit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

Not Aussies and Kiwis, just not American.

- an american who gets it

Didn't we already make you an honorary Southern Hemispherean anyway? So you're quite free to get it. :wink:

ok seriously bed time. and even if we don't get banned I am going to have to tone down my involvement during the schoolweek. I'll track our progress across the forum and pop in every now and insomniatic then.

HOLY SHIT, JEN.

I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE.

:lmao:

I just spat fucking muffin all over my fucking computer screen.

YES, MUFFIN.

Varitek said:
ok seriously bed time. and even if we don't get banned I am going to have to tone down my involvement during the schoolweek. I'll track our progress across the forum and pop in every now and insomniatic then.

You should just become nocturnal and run on Aussie time to suit most of us here. :wink:

Have a good one ... when you leave in an hour. :wave:

coolian2 said:
Night Vazza

I'm afraid my Interference posting will decrease soon with the return of lurning

Yeah, I'm going to have to tear myself away and actually do work.

When do you go back? I've still got a week, though I know some others here are back already.

coolian2 said:
I'm back next Monday.

Wierd hours though. Most of the day Monday, a fair bit of time Tuesday, mostly afternoon Wednesday and two hours on Thursday....STARTING AT FUCKING 4PM

No Fridays though

My schedule is made of win. This is my third year, and I have NEVER gone in on Friday. This is awesome. I also get Wednesday off, and never start before midday.

Lazy Arts students for the win. :up:

mysterious_jen said:
hmm yes i returns to learnings on the weekend too ,

weekend classes and then i have to fit weekend work around that.

for the phail. :down:

... ouch. But you need some time to postwhore it up!

coolian2 said:
I'd never go to my Thursday class because it's a shit time, but sadly it's a compulsory tutorial for the compulsory paper.

I might be able to shorten my Mondays and Tuesdays though.

I have to stay until past 5 a couple of days, but that's much more preferable than having to go to morning classes so I can deal with a later dinner.

Axver said:

I have to stay until past 5 a couple of days, but that's much more preferable than having to go to morning classes so I can deal with a later dinner.

Fortunately i only have one 10am class this semester. Because of Aucklands awesome roads i need to be up at 7:30 to dash into that class just before it starts.

Otherwise i have 4 and 5pm finishes except for two days with a 6pm finish, but i can handle getting home a bit later. Getting up any earlier would completely screw me

coolian2 said:
My postwhoring time might also be reduced if some silly bugger gives me a job too.

Although my Basil Fawlty approach to customer service might work against me

i dunno , the basil fawlty approach works well for me , today was one of those days .

:banghead:

5 staff away :crack:

coolian2 said:
My postwhoring time might also be reduced if some silly bugger gives me a job too.

Although my Basil Fawlty approach to customer service might work against me

I just won't even apply for retail. I have no time for fools. I'd be fired within a day. An hour, even.

coolian2 said:

Fortunately i only have one 10am class this semester. Because of Aucklands awesome roads i need to be up at 7:30 to dash into that class just before it starts.

Otherwise i have 4 and 5pm finishes except for two days with a 6pm finish, but i can handle getting home a bit later. Getting up any earlier would completely screw me

... 7:30 for a 10am class? Auckland's even more fucked than I thought, and that's saying something.

Axver said:

... 7:30 for a 10am class? Auckland's even more fucked than I thought, and that's saying something.

It's about an hour to get ready, then catch the 8:45 bus.

Catching the 8:30 bus would make more sense, but that bus gets packed and we often end up overtaking it usually before we even leave the local area.

Either way, catching the bus that late lets me just make it in time.

coolian2 said:
I could handle retail but only at a place like Plant Barn.

Idiots at homeware stores and supermarkets would drive me nuts

I could handle a bookshop. Preferably a really snobby one that literature n00bs and the masses just after Harry Potter avoid.

Ever seen Black Books? If I worked in a bookshop, that would be a fairly close representation of it.

coolian2 said:
I could handle retail but only at a place like Plant Barn.

Idiots at homeware stores and supermarkets would drive me nuts

my partner manages an electrical retailer,

it is truly FUCKED.

customers are complete fucking morons.

staff arent much further behind.

i am in what you would call "human services / health field" which is far far better.

Axver said:

I could handle a bookshop. Preferably a really snobby one that literature n00bs and the masses just after Harry Potter avoid.

Ever seen Black Books? If I worked in a bookshop, that would be a fairly close representation of it.

black books

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Never heard of Black Books. But yeah, i could maybe manage a bookstore too but i think here there may be too many idiots as well.

Luckily i have a huge shopping mall 25 minutes walk / 10 minutes bus ride away with a huge range of stores.

coolian2 said:

It's about an hour to get ready, then catch the 8:45 bus.

Catching the 8:30 bus would make more sense, but that bus gets packed and we often end up overtaking it usually before we even leave the local area.

Either way, catching the bus that late lets me just make it in time.

Ahh, right. I loved one aspect about living in Brisbane - I was so close that I could get up at 8:45am for a 9am class, and I didn't even live on campus!

Nowadays, I'm a 17 minute tram ride away. At least it gives me time to do some of my readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom