The Edge to be on 102.1 the Edge / Alan Cross Reviews 'Get On Your Boots'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh. "Pump it up!". That's the song that the verses was reminding me of from Beach Clip 3. Before I kept thinking it reminded me of "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan and "Wild Wild West" by Escape Club, but Pump it Up it proabably a better comparison.

Also, the new video confirms that Stand Up Comedy (possibly with parentheses around "Comedy") is a legit title.

I've just listened to Elvis Costello Pump it up and Alan just nailed the similarities. Beach Clip 03 and the Elvis song have very similar cadence! Very intersting, worth a listen.

As I read it:
No Line on the Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Moment of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Magnificent
Stand Up Comedy
Every Breaking Wave
Breathe
Crazy Tonight

At 29 seconds you can see that the last title on the board is Cedars of Lebanon (you can see "banon" on the board). There also is another title (ending in "rn") between Crazy Tonight and Cedars of Lebanon.

As I read it:
No Line on the Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Moment of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Magnificent
Stand Up Comedy
Every Breaking Wave
Breathe
Crazy Tonight

There was also two versions of Cedars of Lebanon at the end, one was an extended edit or someting. No mention of Tripoli or Winter. Looks like everyone was pretty happy everything was finished or thereabouts. More tracks on an extra page of the board?

It also looks like there are some track lengths there next to the titles. I can't be bothered writing them down. I'm sure one of you will do it anyway.

I've just listened to Elvis Costello Pump it up and Alan just nailed the similarities. Beach Clip 03 and the Elvis song have very similar cadence! Very intersting, worth a listen.

I was doing the same earlier...

Also...on the new clip...each title appears to have the length of each track underneath it. All of them appear to be at least 4 minutes (at least those I could read) in length minus Boots

Edit: ^Beat me to it GAF

so no Triploi, no Winter, but something else possibly?

From what I can see, yeah there's no Winter or Triploi. Here's the lengths that I can make out:

No Line on the Horizon (4:11)
Get On Your Boots (3:25)
Moment of Surrender (7:12)
Unknown Caller (6:06)
Magnificent (5:44)
Stand Up Comedy
Every Breaking Wave
Breathe (4:13)
Crazy Tonight (4:16)
Mystery Song (5:58)
Cedars of Lebanon

It also looks like there are some track lengths there next to the titles. I can't be bothered writing them down. I'm sure one of you will do it anyway.

NLOTH - 4:11
GOYB - 3:25
Moment Of Surrender - 7:12
Unknown Caller - 6:06
Magnificent - 5:44

That's all I could pick out.

POsted in other thread, but this is where the partay is.....

what is 'n (Prov.)' towards the bottom of the board?

This could me from a month or even a few months ago... so Winter and Tripoli could still be in the mix, and a lot could have changed. I wouldn't speculated tracklisting from this either.

The thing that bothers me is that it looks like it says "mix debate" next to Magnificent, which could signal to many cooks in the kitchen for a song that sounded so promising in the beach clips...

Back
Top Bottom