the edge, reverb??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MOU

The Fly
what abaut the reverb? what tipe of reverb uses the edge? small room, small sping?

To my knowledge, the only reverb used live is 1) mixed in a the desk and 2) used for his shimmer treatment, which he uses a wet plate reverb. The Lexicon reverb unit in his rack is used just for shimmer. Please correct me if I am wrong.

He has used the Syphonic preset on the Yamaha SPX90 unit, you can hear it most on "In God's Country".

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Who cares about the Edge anyway. You know it's all about Adam.

(Before anyone jumps on my case- AughrimFurey is my brother, I'm just bustin' his chops)

Ah, good stuff, you guys are only the second pair of brothers that I know exist on here:wink:

i´m thinking what tipe of reverb uses with my multy fx, small room, medium room, large room, small spring, etc. Anybody can help me?

Edge uses a yamaha r1000 for his reverb.

...By the way,what do you guys think is the best reverb floor pedal?

Yamaha r1000 is rackmount processor. Edge uses settings 2 and 4.

...I don't know exactly what type they are,but he used them on UF.

edgeboy said:
Edge uses a yamaha r1000 for his reverb.

...By the way,what do you guys think is the best reverb floor pedal?

none, all of them suck. Get a Yamaha SPX90 for $150 off of ebay and you'll have more reverbs than you know what to do with. Reverb should be used lightly anyways. Usually there is enough natural room reverb that you could probably shut it off most of the time b/c when reverbed sound gets reverbed (thats a funny word in a lot of ways) it sounds like crap. If you're going for Coldplay sounds though, I find the more reverb the better.

Does the yamaha spx90 have a footswitch or way to access it in a live setting? Also, will it "color" my sound or anything like that?

the spx90 is midi controllable. what do you mean "color" your sound? it's a reverb pedal so it's definitely going to color your sound to some extent, but you won't lose dynamics like you would with the pedal reverbs.

OffAxis said:
the spx90 is midi controllable. what do you mean "color" your sound? it's a reverb pedal so it's definitely going to color your sound to some extent, but you won't lose dynamics like you would with the pedal reverbs.

...ok,thanks.

Back
Top Bottom