The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 2 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the feeling I'll throw my Stats book at the wall in disgust and let out a big "UNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH" in your honor.

eww, stats? I might have to take that, if I choose to major in Psychology. Good luck doing your homework with my playlist on :wink:

so what is this

just another chat thread for us in the game? if so, what up children.

anyone want to listen to my list in the not too distant future?

PM me your list and I'll give it a listen after the tourist's, ElMel's, and bono_212's.

GAF could you PM me yours too? I'd love to hear it and I'm too lazy to dig up the links/don't know if they've been removed

btw did you guys know there are 4 more beach clips :shifty:

I'm listening to LM's list. I'm a bit confused. It's supposed to rock, isn't it?

Sure, it starts off rocking. But then it's a mixed bag once Supermassive Black Hole begins, as that song's pretty r&b with pop elements. And then with the Blur ballad, Tom Waits, the dancy Cake...? I'm not feeling the Supermassive Black Cherub Metal as a concept. I mean, the songs are good, but this isn't very consistantly "rocking".

I like the second disc of LM's quite a lot better than the first. The transitions are all wonderful (except perhaps "#9 Dream" into "In the Morning of the Magicians").

Well it is a running diary thread. So when L-Mel gets around to it, he can read my comments while I was listening.

Anyway, to El-Mel, my final grade for you goes like this:

First disc--flow=B; songs=C+; total=B-
Second disc--flow=A; songs=B; total=A-

So in total, I give you a high B/low B+

Anyway, to El-Mel, my final grade for you goes like this:

First disc--flow=B; songs=C+; total=B-
Second disc--flow=A; songs=B; total=A-

So in total, I give you a high B/low B+

That's fair. Even I would probably give it about a high B+/low A- or so. But, of course, I definitely liked the first disc more than you do. :D

And there is no concept for the first disc. It's just a fun set of songs that are far heavier and more guitar-oriented than anything I've used so far. :shrug: The second disc is the only one you should have to think about.

That's fair. Even I would probably give it about a high B+/low A- or so. But, of course, I definitely liked the first disc more than you do. :D

Yeah. I was into the first half of the first disc waaaaaay more than the second half.

Anyway, I realized there was no concept on the first disc. I was just really let down with how not rocking the second half of it was. :shrug:

Anyway, I realized there was no concept on the first disc. I was just really let down with how not rocking the second half of it was. :shrug:

Personally, I would have gotten bored with it if it was all like the first half. That's just me, but IMO it needed a little variety to sustain people's attention, and the transitions are mostly really good. If you don't like the songs, that's perfectly fine, I just don't want people to get their expectations focused too much in one area. The point is that, for once, there is no point. It's just a set of songs I liked that represents a fun respite from the darker, more cerebral second disc. :)

Personally, I would have gotten bored with it if it was all like the first half. That's just me, but IMO it needed a little variety to sustain people's attention, and the transitions are mostly really good. If you don't like the songs, that's perfectly fine, I just don't want people to get their expectations focused too much in one area. The point is that, for once, there is no point. It's just a set of songs I liked that represents a fun respite from the darker, more cerebral second disc. :)

Well, I did love the second disc. I dunno. I think it might've been better if maybe you'd split up the first disc into two halves. If I can wrap my head around thinking about it that way, your grade would go up. Maybe I'll bump you up to a solid B+.

Well, I did love the second disc. I dunno. I think it might've been better if maybe you'd split up the first disc into two halves. If I can wrap my head around thinking about it that way, your grade would go up. Maybe I'll bump you up to a solid B+.

I can definitely live with a B+, thanks. :lol: Ashley gave me an A for flow, B for songs, and the other Musketeers both gave me an A-, so at least it's easy to make a consensus. :wink:

I dunno, I never expected everyone to love this set as much as my last one, but I figured everyone would at least like it. I mean, if you love one disc and are meh on the other, that's something, right? Yeah, I prefer the second disc as well, but there's something about the first one that I really enjoy now...sorry you were a little disappointed by the second half, but I feel that it flows into it really well, at least.

Yeah, it does flow well into. This all said, I liked your DI IV list a bit better, but I like the second disc of this one better than your DI IV list. If that makes sense.

Yeah, it does flow well into. This all said, I liked your DI IV list a bit better, but I like the second disc of this one better than your DI IV list. If that makes sense.

I actually feel the same way. I wish there was a way to make that second disc 2+ hours, but that may have been too much of a good thing. Or, for some people, too much of a very dull thing. :wink: Believe me, if I could have stretched it out, I would have, but I think it's fine just the way it is, and with that much more fun first disc, there's something for everyone. I have no regrets.

And speaking of flow, I'm proud of my flow this time around, too. :D

Yeah, LMP said you did a really good job with that, and I like a lot of the songs you picked. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing this. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom