The CLAW Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if U2 can make an oval rotate like a circle they should be charging a million dollars per ticket...

:yes: I think come opening night we are going to be blown away with other suprises they have up their sleeve :cute:

There are plenty of ways to make non-circular shapes rotate. It's not rocket science or breaking the laws of physics: airport luggage carousels do it all the time. I'm sure a band that build the biggest stage ever with a sci-fi video screen can manage it. I personally hope it does.

There are plenty of ways to make non-circular shapes rotate. It's not rocket science or breaking the laws of physics: airport luggage carousels do it all the time. I'm sure a band that build the biggest stage ever with a sci-fi video screen can manage it. I personally hope it does.

:banghead: I think some of you are missing the point.

If anything rotates, it will only be a part of the stage, not the whole stage, how's that?

The stage rotates. End of story.

NEW @U2 SPOILER ALERT ... ABOUT THE STAGE, ETC.
June 17, 2009
posted by: m2

More details from Barcelona, courtesy the U2 East Link forums: In this forum post, "juliobcn" reports from today's visit to Camp Nou and says ... wait for it ... the stage rotates. And in this post, juliobcn shares some amazing photos from all around the stadium. He says to notice how the green catwalk/bridges are in different places in some photos -- because the stage has rotated. In other posts, he says the band did arrive yesterday and are supposed to rehearse every day at around 4 p.m.
Re: U2 The Claw, Barcelona June 17th 2009 - FOTOS

Technically, a luggage carousel doesn't rotate - it's a conveyor belt which moves along a linear path. If U2's stage turns out to be a big conveyor belt, well... that would just be strange.

Sure, it's possible for an elliptical stage to rotate. It's just not practical or necessary.

I think the posts from u2eastlink have been lost in translation. The only part of this stage that I believe could rotate is the drum riser (and maybe the bridges). Everything else looks fixed in place. And if anything does rotate, I don't see it being any big deal or a big feature of the show.

He says to notice how the green catwalk/bridges are in different places in some photos -- because the stage has rotated

This person's observation is false.

Yes the bridges are in different locations, but is anything else?

Come on people, think!!!

June 17, 2009

More details from Barcelona, courtesy the U2 East Link forums: In this forum post, "juliobcn" reports from today's visit to Camp Nou and says ... wait for it ... the stage rotates. And in this post, juliobcn shares some amazing photos from all around the stadium. He says to notice how the green catwalk/bridges are in different places in some photos -- because the stage has rotated. In other posts, he says the band did arrive yesterday and are supposed to rehearse every day at around 4 p.m.

I will buy anyone who believes this a beer if Matt doesn't find himself having to correct this story in the coming days. (sorry Matt.. I just don't believe it)

behind the stage

if the stage rotates.....even better

but anyway,

for the people who have tickets behind the stage, the sound will be immense! also, the bonus of watching the entire crowd as if you were on stage. wow!

could the cheap seats be the best?

not bad value @ £30 a piece

Well, if U2 can make an oval rotate like a circle they should be charging a million dollars per ticket...

It can still rotate 45 degrees or so in either direction. Whether it will is a different story. If it doesn't rotate, half of the "golden circle" and most of the $250 seats will have a side view (except when they go on the catwalk), which is a bit lame.

am i the only one that doesn't really care either way whether the stage rotates or not?

guys, i think we are getting a bit on the dorky side of things. talking about a rotating versus non-rotating stage at length. I'm with mikal on this one.

I try to be less of a nerd day by day trying to think to myself I don't care that much. :wink:

no, I don’t give a rats ass and I'm failing to see why anybody should get this worked up about it. If it does - that's cool, if it doesn't - oh well...

Exactly.

I don't like the color combination of bright orange and gray, but I think I'll get over it after Snow Patrol's first song (probably even before that).

Mark

June 17, 2009

@u2 is a great website. But this I do not believe. I bet my 2 U2 tickets that it does not rotate!

Based on an account from a poster there;
I translated it;
"I have seen my eyes. While the screen and moving the bridges (if you look at the photos in different positions), the stage revolved."

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! Pull this thread over to the side of the road.

When have you seen good dinner theater?

Nothing beats stand-up night: (god why did I post this?? :doh:)

krusty1.jpg

maybe the stage (center portion) is like a lazy susan. It'll just move really slowly.

Either way, who cares! 12 more days!!! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom