The best version of Stay isn't so faraway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UVMan

The Fly
I just heard/downloaded the Craig Armstrong with Bono version of STAY and I have to admit (Sorry Larry, Edge, and Adam) I LOVE THIS VERSION!! I think Bono's voice is amazing and the whole orchestra like backround is awesome! If you're like me and love Stay and have every version from the single to Melon to many live versions of it, you have got to check this out. Tell me what you think of it too if you've heard it.

I hope this isn't promoting a website which I believe is *illegal* on this board but if you go to www.u2mp3s.com you will find a veritable treasure chest of U2 songs. You'll have to subscribe (for free) to it to download stuff. Then go to either the Downloads part on the message board or the Distinctive Downloads part. I forgot which one had Stay on it.

FYI, u2mp3s.com's bandwidth might be temporarilly exceeded. Don't worry though, the person who started that site is very good and will resolve the issue ASAP. It's worth the wait.

That is indeed a beaaaaaaautiful version and one I listen to quite often :drool:

i love that version too. it's beautiful. and i love bono's cracking voice, it makes the song even more emotional.

there's an interesting version as well on the Faraway So Close OST.

The worst version wasn't so faraway either, that would be my rendition of the acoustic version for the "Fans playing U2 songs" thread in EBTRT.

i understand providing links for the Rare and Unreleased tracks..cause a fan that's got already everything from the band is supposed not willing to pay another 150$ (or €) for 10 unreleased songs..but stay (craig Armstrong version) is actually available legally for 0.99$ (or €) on iTunes

Dima said:
i understand providing links for the Rare and Unreleased tracks..cause a fan that's got already everything from the band is supposed not willing to pay another 150$ (or €) for 10 unreleased songs..but stay (craig Armstrong version) is actually available legally for 0.99$ (or €) on iTunes

Is it? I've looked, and can't seem to find it...

neutral said:
I can't find this version in the iTunes store either. I would definitely buy it if it's there, this version is fantastic. :drool:

I've just checked...in the Italian store is available while oddly enough it isn't available in the American: normally it's the opposite as our store lacks of a lot of artists you have...well i correct my previous statement: if you're from Italy then you have to buy it ;) (but anyway always check it on itunes :) )

Back
Top Bottom