The berlin version of ONE was just on TRL.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah shit, are you serious? When do they rerun TRL, sometime around 7/6C?

------------------
Change is the only constant

It was between the #2 and #3 videos, so right about the most important part of the show. If 1 person became a convert, it was worth it.

Now that's quality television.

btw, you can thank me for making that internet request anytime now...
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

i can't believe they played the drag version! i caught it about 1/3 of the way through. how classic. my mom was sitting there watching with me. she thought it was very strange!
wink.gif

further proof that carson likes U2- he named the album "one" is on, he played the drag video, he said "i love U2"!!!

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She's gonna dream out loud...

Say what you will about Carson Daly but in the last three weeks, he went to Slane to see U2 live, he did an amazing introduction for them at the MTV Awards, gave heavy props to them today when he played "One", and on top of all that was quite respectful and thoughtful last Friday-- TRL's first day on the air after the bombings. No videos but interviewed different artists, asked good questions and came off so well.

I'm starting to get this feeling that I have to go stand outside of TRL with a big poster that says "I [heart] Carson Daly" and I'm 24 years old. Something is wrong with that.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

On the one hand, there is definitely a coolness to Carson. He obviously has a great reverence for U2, and seems to know good music when he hears it. But on the other hand, sometimes he comes off as a tool who does this teenybopper show with a bunch of acts he doesn't seem to like at all. He doesn't seem to have any enthusiasm for N'Sync or Britney when they come on. But in the end, I think he is a generally cool guy, just stuck in his situation.

Maybe eventually he'll get to do a show introducing new, up and coming acts to kids on MTV, like MTV2's Artists To Watch. That might be cool.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom