The Amazing Race 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:
Could the coalminer's wife have been any ruder when buying airline tickets???? :down:

Most people seem to like that couple, and although they annoy me slightly less now, they still bug. The only ones this season that I can stand are the brothers, with the moms coming in second.

I agree with everyone about Peter - what a passive-aggressive idiot.

I liked the change in what happens for a non-elimination round. It will be interesting to see if David and Mary can make it to the pit stop first for the next round. They have been my favourite team, but she was definitely getting on my nerves a bit last night.

I know she said she was afraid of the crocodiles, but it would have been a hell of a lot faster to do that rather than the pattern. Besides, it looks like it wasn't too dangerous, and there were a lot of employees helping you to tie up and transport the animal.

Regardless, I thought it was good last night.

phanan said:
It sure was a good episode. You new a non-elimination round was coming, as there are usually two in a season and we hadn't had one yet, but I love how they changed it this year. They get to keep everything and their money, but now they have to come in first in order to stay in the game. Good change up.

I like this change too but I thought that if they didn't come in first they were given a 30 minute penalty :scratch:

Last night was good, surprising it was non elimination. What stress is on David and Mary now tho, wonder if they can pull this off? Guess we'll see next week! :wink:

The brothers were so awesome tonight! :up: They totally didn't need to give the FF to David & Mary, but it was sweet of them to do it. Plus, they didn't end up in last, which was great.

I think it's interesting that the FF was in the leg immediately after the non-elimination. It made it a whole hell of a lot easier for David & Mary to make it into first place. Not that I mind, since they're one of my favourite teams, but it didn't really make their challenge all that difficult.

I loved Sarah's comments about Peter! I'm glad she's dumping his sorry little ass! :D She's better off without him, that's for sure!

After last night's episode, I think Rob and Kim are a perfect couple who deserve each other. Both apparently have zero respect for other cultures.

Boy, Peter is going to have an awesome social life after this. " Hey, didn't I see you on the Amazing Race?" "No, that was a different asshole named Peter"

Do you think Phil gets pissed off off camera when he ends up being stuck for teams that arrive WAAAAAYYYYY later then everybody else like last night? Is he sitting around saying " For the love of God, just go bring 'em here willya, I got places to be, there are Phil groupies at the Casbah!!!"

:wink:

trevster2k said:

Do you think Phil gets pissed off off camera when he ends up being stuck for teams that arrive WAAAAAYYYYY later then everybody else like last night? Is he sitting around saying " For the love of God, just go bring 'em here willya, I got places to be, there are Phil groupies at the Casbah!!!"

:lol:

I missed it last night. Who was eliminated? I'm guessing by the looks of it Sarah and Peter. :hyper:

:giggle:

Wow for the first time ever my favourite team came in first, and least fav in last. I loved that look on Peters face when she called him uncaring. Hilarious! The Cho brothers were awesome last night, what great guys! The mothers are starting to get on my nerves just a wee bit, but I hope Rob and Kim are next to leave. :yes:

I just watched this (had to record it this time). Great episode. How do you not like the brothers?

And kudos to Sarah for her comments regarding Peter. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would love to be in a relationship with her.

I'm finding the blondes to be the most annoying now. I like how they are competitive, but they certainly are rude to others and not very respectful. I wouldn't mind seeing them gone.

:up: Excellent episode last night. I was happy to see the coal miner couple take first, thanks to the huge hearted brothers, they ROCK! I admit I was happy to see Sarah and Peter eliminated, but Peter just was so mean he didn't deserve to win based on how he treated people, especially Sarah his partner. I am glad Sarah walked away from him and was honest. Maybe this will be the lesson in life Peter learns to treat people better.

Now it will get intense seeing who is eliminated next. I like all the contestants that are left but wouldn't miss the Barbies too much.

trevster2k said:

I'm guessing that Phil gets alerted that the team is several hours away in a case like this, and joins Jeff Probst in a luxury hotel for a gourmet meal and a massage then returns to the mat 30 seconds before the stragglers arrive.

You know, I like the Cho brothers, but I think they need to start thinking a little bit more for themselves now. They're a class act and everything, but sooner or later, they are gonna have to strike out on their own.

phanan said:
You know, I like the Cho brothers, but I think they need to start thinking a little bit more for themselves now. They're a class act and everything, but sooner or later, they are gonna have to strike out on their own.

What he said. I really want them to win, but they have got to start looking out for themselves if it's going to happen.

I couldn't believe David and Mary caught another break last night. My prediction is next week it runs out.

I really wonder if the non-elimination legs are truly predetrmined...seemed a bit too coincidental that the viewer popular hippies were dodging bullets last season and the viewer popular coal miners have dodged 2 in 3 weeks this season.

That aside...anyone catch David and Mary's "matching" T-shirts last night?
I had noticed Mary's early on, a picture of their 3 kids with the caption "Mommy's Little Angels"
Wasn't till the end when I got a clear view of David's...same picture of the 3 kids, but the caption in red/orange flame print said "Daddy's Little Devils"...quite amusing.

The blonde's really annoyed me last night. I couldn't believe it when one of them had to ask what country London was in. :ohmy: Their sheer stupidity was driving me nuts. :angry:

The arguing between the three teams at the ticket counter annoyed me to no end as well. My god - shut the hell up and get on with it! You all got on the same plane - stop bitching and moaning! :lol:

I still like the brothers, but I don't think they should have been waiting for the rest of the "six pack" after the swimming. I know they're all in an alliance together, but this is a race for crying out loud!

David & Mary definitely got lucky last night. I don't know how much longer they'll be able to last though - they seem to be consistently in the bottom couple of teams. But who knows what will happen - maybe someone will get insanely lost next week like Peter and Sarah did, and their asses will be saved.

i was so happy to see david and mary stay... i don't know if they will be able to make it next week.
The blondes are SO ANNOYING...i can't believe that they were #1!
i really want the cho brothers to win!

Hewson said:
I really wonder if the non-elimination legs are truly predetrmined...seemed a bit too coincidental that the viewer popular hippies were dodging bullets last season and the viewer popular coal miners have dodged 2 in 3 weeks this season.

I was wondering that myself. All in all, another great episode. I wonder what that Intersection dealy is.. a twist on the yield or what?

Hewson said:

Well, I have questioned that in regard to all reality shows. The shows producers retain some control of the outcomes in my mind. Of course, they don't know who the viewers will consider to be popular or not except based on what they see. They certainly can edit a team to appear in a certain way.

But I think that's why no one knows when the non-elimination legs are so the producers can use them when they wish.

Apparently this season finished filming in late July - so it would be extremely farsighted of the producers to wing a second non elimination to a team that could have also been seen as really annoying... Either way David and Mary can't go for a fast forward that should be in the next leg - so their luck may run out.

Back
Top Bottom