The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the never ending search to find the Popmart at KMart press conference yellow Diesels (and I've still never seen any confirmation they were actually Diesels) -- anyway, I was watching this kids show with my daughter on Nickelodean called Big Time Rush -- and there's an actor named Stephen Kramer Glickman who plays a prototypical manager -- anyway, he regularly wears what sure looks like those shades. Here's a still of him wearing them on his My Space page:
Google Image Result for http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/22/m_30faa1054b52402b8da91b938aca9167.jpg

I hope that link works.

Anyway, he also wears the same pair in red - there's also a picture in that album if you look with those red ones on.

Point being, that tells me maybe they are either back in production, or they were never Diesels in the first place, or they were in this guy's private collection, etc. I don't know. Wonder if it's worth trying to ask him on his My Space page or email his agent etc.

you mean these ones, right?

la3fbaaadda8740b48c24c4.jpg

... and the red ones.

91632540.jpg

Would all you Shade-aholics like to take an inventory of what we all have? Not to be show-offy, but just to take stock of what our little community has 'in the family'? And perhaps a personal wish list too?

Mine:
Bvlgari 519 (flash gray & dark brown)
Bvlgari 610 (rose)
Bvlgari 629 (salmon)
Bvlgari 626 (light brown)
Bvlgari 528 (gray)
Mikli 3244 (yellow)
Romeo Gigli 226 (green, rose, orange/red)
Miu Miu 51C (champagne)
Black Flys (clear)

Wish list:
Bvlgari 519 (rose or emerald green)
Mikli 3214 brown
Diesel Pop/K-mart Press Conf.
Bvlgari 549 Hall of Fame (I know, custom made, never gonna happen)

Personally, I haven't liked anything Bono has worn in a few years. Have owned and sold the EA 9285s & tried on and didn't like the EA 9592s.
Hi everyone , look my collection list :
:love:
ROMEO GIGLI 191 BLUE
ROMEO GIGLI 191 RED
D&G 2138 G35
D&G 2138 G37
D&G 2138 D23
D&G 2138 H50
BVLGARI 519 FLASH GRAY
BVLGARI 519 BLUE with blue arms
EMPORIO ARMANI 9285 GRAY
EMPORIO ARMANI 9285 PINK
MIU MIU by Prada PINK
Wish List :
:drool:
ROMEO GIGLI 226
MIKLY 3214 orange
DIESEL ? yellow lens as popmart era
D&G 2138 G49
D&G 2138 H49
Bye Bye

Imagine who just won a new pair of D&G 2138 clear blue (bono on bono cover book) on ebay :hmm::hmm:

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Would all you Shade-aholics like to take an inventory of what we all have? Not to be show-offy, but just to take stock of what our little community has 'in the family'? And perhaps a personal wish list too?

Mine:

Propaganda Flys (Dark Green)
Cutler & Gross 0276 (Black)
Alain Mikli 3214 (Orange w/Orange arms)
Romeo Gigli 191 (Red)
Bvlgari 519 (Blue w/Blue arms)
Bvlgari 611 (Blue w/Blue arms)
Bvlgari 549 (Dark Green)
Dolce & Gabanna 2138 (Light Purple)
Miu Miu 51C (Champagne)
Emporio Armani 9285/S (Pink)

1992 Brown Flys from theflyshades.com - been shipped, not yet received

Wants:

Emporio Armani 9592 (Salmon) - Just haven't gotten around to buying them yet
Romeo Gigli 191 (Green or Blue)

Mine:
Bvlgari 519 (flash gray & dark brown)
Bvlgari 610 (rose)
Bvlgari 629 (salmon)
Bvlgari 626 (light brown)
Bvlgari 528 (gray)
Mikli 3244 (yellow)
Romeo Gigli 226 (green, rose, orange/red)
Miu Miu 51C (champagne)
Black Flys (clear)

Wish list:
Bvlgari 519 (rose or emerald green)
Mikli 3214 brown
Diesel Pop/K-mart Press Conf.
Bvlgari 549 Hall of Fame (I know, custom made, never gonna happen)

Personally, I haven't liked anything Bono has worn in a few years. Have owned and sold the EA 9285s & tried on and didn't like the EA 9592s.

Fly Shades (Propaganda)
Diesel replicas (K-Mart - yellow and black)
Mikli 3244 (orange)
Mikli 3330 (brown) very similar to 3214 with rubber rim instead of metal
Bvlgari 519 (light blue, dark blue/purple, dark green and clear/fade
Bvlgari 610 (light blue)
Bvlgari 611 (citrus)
Bvlgari 549 (brown)
Romeo Gigli 181 (green - slightly smaller than 191)
Black Flys 5 (black)
Miu Miu 51c (champagne, red)
D&G 2138 (light purple G49, dark blue G37)
GA 1535 (red)
EA 9285 (pink, green, brown)
Versace 2138 (black, gold rim)
EA 9692 (crystal red)

Wanted:
Mikli 3214 (all colours)
Bvlgari 610, 519 (red, emerald)
Romeo Gigli 191, 226 (blue)

Fly Shades (Propaganda)
Cutler & Gross (black)
Bvlgari 519 (brown)
Bvlgari 549 (grey)
Romeo Gigli 226 (brown)
D&G 2138 (light blue)
EA 9285 (purple)
EA 9592 (salmon , black)

Wanted:
Bvlgari 610, 611, 519 (emerald or blue)
Romeo Gigli 191 (blue or green)

yea i'd love a pair of those. And alain mikli popmarts. someone i know had authentic fly shades that hes had since the 80's, they were green.

hi there!
The fly shades in the Tom Petty video are the Bolle Lunasports.
By the look of it they are spraypainted black and added some dirt.

The real fly shades don't say "Viking 1973 Italy".The real brand is still unknown.This is all I can say about them.The Lunasport version says "made in france"

Bono Fly sunglasses on ebay real or fake? I know there is a close up of the "Viking 1973 Italy" on the arm but if you look at the u2flyshades.com website, these also have the "Viking 1973 Italy" in the pictures. It is especially visible on the green pair. Just wondering how to tell real ones from fake ones. Anyone know the real brand? I thought I read once they were Bolle but I do not know for sure.

While we are on the subject of the Fly glasses, anyone know the color? The U2flyshades state Bono wore brown colored glasses but I always thought they were black.

The Flyshades.com glasses are the ones that say" Viking 1973 Italy". Thats what they named them. The originals only said Italy. The second pair were indeed Bolle Lunasports in dark green. The friendly folks at Flyshades .com are well versed in the two models. The info I have from Igor is that after searching all over the world basically he found original pairs of each style and using 3D scans made new molds to manufacture upgraded versions. One of my pairs I have from him are in the brown color, and in certain lights they are brown and darker light they are black, just like originals. Very nice glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom