The Ali Hewson shoe appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoaliwalking.jpg

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I must say, I was born without the 'shoe' gene. I don't understand women's obession with shoes; I just like what's comfortable and cheap.

But. Ali Hewson's taste in shoes is just amazing! Let's celebrate, shall we?

I didn't get the shoe gene either.

I like her dresses though!

Good Lord, Bono's infected the whole family with this lousy platform fetish!!!!!! :mad: Get the woman some Manolos or something!!!!!! :madspit:

gluey said:
It would be nice to see something more delicate on her feet once in a while....

Sometimes delicate=painful.

I wear tennis shoes most of the time, and if I do have to wear nicer ones, they have little or no heel.

thrillme said:

Sometimes delicate=painful.

I wear tennis shoes most of the time, and if I do have to wear nicer ones, they have little or no heel.

I totally agree, I slop around in comfy shoes the majority of the time (can't chase 3 young kids in stilettos!), but I'd be intrigued to see what she looked like in them! But I must say that all in all I see the wedges as her 'trademark' after all these years!

Her shoes are cool most of the time dont know about those ones in the pram photo. she had some stunning shoes in the sarajevo thread

I think Ali would look better in stilettos. I honestly cringe when I see those super chunky shoes. They also overpower her small legs.

I think Ali, like Bono, tries to look taller by wearing these platform shoes. They are both pretty tiny people. Most of Ali's shoes are really great, she has a very stylish taste. However, I for my part would be a bit worried about some of this footwear, I wouldn't be able to walk with shoes like these, I'd break my ankle or something like that. Looks risky.

I do like platform shoes... It's actually very comfy AND great to gain a little height when u r shorty like she is (and unfortunatly like I am :)
I don't know about u countries but here every one does wear them this summer. It's very "tendance"...
I wish i could have as much shoes as her...

I think most of Ali's shoes look pretty brutal :yikes: I have a couple of pairs of wedges - much smaller than Ali's - and they almost killed me when I had to walk for about 10 mins in them. I don't know how she does it!

I love Ali's taste in shoes although I agree some of them look a little too bulky for her legs (ack, I so wish I had legs like her...and I rather like her taste in blokes too, hee hee).

I'v recently bought a pair of 'wedges' and I have to say I was impressed at how small they made my feet look (I've got small feet anyways - a size 3 British, dunno wot that is in European although I'd be interested to know). Also, the heels:drool: I so love heels cos well, y'know us 'shorties' do like to put on the inches if we can. My trouble is my 'inches' tend to go on everywhere except my height..:sick:

ok, short, round ppl of the world unite..hee hee..(gotta keep a sense of humour...especially when looking in a mirror..:lmao: )

I can't wear any shoes right now because of my toe :yawn: If I try anything but my crocs and I have to wear a huge cast up to my knee on my right foot!

I like the sandals that lace up her ankles. If I had nice legs and not a cast, I'd try those.

I love shoes too! My daughter calls me the Shoe Bitch. (I have abount 300 pairs & hang on to old shoes cause they seem to never go out of style.) Love Ali's platforms--see they are still in style!

I love all of Ali's shoes, but I could only wear them if the didn't have the huge heel. I'm 5'7 without shoes, so I don't like to feel like a giant.

Same here lauramullen. I am 5'9 with out heels:sigh: I wonder what it would be like to be shorter like Ali. She is so cute. Most guys tell me I am too tall. I would love to wear the high wedge shoes and not tower over everyone.

Aliinboots.jpg

just got that pic from the Aniversary thread...:drool: those boots are made for walkin...

Now I would love to see Ali in the steelito type heel.

Carmelu2fan said:
Same here lauramullen. I am 5'9 with out heels:sigh: I wonder what it would be like to be shorter like Ali. She is so cute. Most guys tell me I am too tall. I would love to wear the high wedge shoes and not tower over everyone.
I'm only 5'2"--would love to be tall.:sad:

I must say, I love her shoes as well. Being on the short side (5'2 1/2"), I pretty much live in wedge sandals.

Bono's Doll said:
I'm only 5'2"--would love to be tall.:sad:

It is not all that, I can tell you. Another awful thing about being tall is the huge feet. Good on men, not so much on women. I dated a guy who asked me what size shoe I wear and when I told him size 9 he laughed and called me Sasquach :sad:

I bet you have tiny feet. Guys like tiny feet.:yes:

gluey said:

I have a pair almost exactly like these. I am 5'8" so with them, I am supermodel height (although not weight, sadly...) Platforms give you great posture since you have to stand up straight or you will topple over :)

Ali's shoes definitely rock.

I love ali and her fashion sense, but I can't stand wedge/platform shoes and I always seem to see her in them. In her defence, she does pull chunky shoes off quite well. But I prefer her dresses to her shoes!

Back
Top Bottom