The 5th best band in the world!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
1. U2
2. Queen
3. Beatles
4. Rolling Stones
5. ????

These are (not in my opinion, because I don't like stones very much) the 4 biggest bands in the world. But what is the 5th?

What are you basing the order on?

I consider the Stone Roses to be one of the greatest bands in history but most people are not familar with their work.

The Kinks and the Doors were great alright. I'd leave Queen out of it and include the Kinks and the Doors on the list.

financeguy said:

I consider the Stone Roses to be one of the greatest bands in history but most people are not familar with their work.

Familiar to world, album sales, big tours, big fanbase etc.

Right, ok. Stone Roses wouldn't qualify then as only really made it in the UK and Ireland!

An attempted objective opinion based on impact on the industry. In no particular order...

The Beatles
U2
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Ramones

I think based on influences on other band and the music, probably these

Beatles
Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Clash

would be my top 5. (let's wait till U2 finishes their career before it's decided where they belong)

financeguy said:

Another Stone Roses fan. What drivel, they were not even close to greatness!

Led Zeppelin should be in any such top 5 list.

Also, note how they're all British or Irish, as are most that are being mentioned, Floyd, Who, Police etc.

Pink Floyd is probably a good guess. Other than that....maybe The Who. Led Zep is anothe possible.

what you all don't know is that sinners & saints are the 5th best band ever.

hell, they're probably further up the list than that....

unfortunatly this is my opinion. still, for me it's based on something a little more concrete than guessing based on who i think it "biggest".

seriouisly, bruce springsteen.

U2
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Radiohead

....the police is my personal 2nd fave band, i think they were wonderful musicians, good songs, and great innovators in the history of music but i dont think they should be on the list...they were great but not the best, if they had succeeded staying together longer that might have been a different story... whether good or bad i don't know.

(then again i dont know much about music i guess)

hehe... i would have added bob dylan or springsteen :reject: but i dont know if they count under 'bands'

Last edited:
1.U2
2.The Beatles
3.Rolling Stones
4.The Who
5.PINK FLOYD Floyd tied with LED ZEPELLIN

6. The Clash
7. The Doors
8. Queen
9. Ramones
10.The Police

Kieran McConville said:
Zoomerang96, why do you hate freedom?

I'm sorry...but I will find it VERY difficult to disagree with anything you type solely because of your avatar!!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom