Texas, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a mediocre fourteen, Ian. :wave:

And Bonnie, that profile is hilarious. :laugh:

Hah, so the corporate motivation bullshit stuff comes in handy sometimes, eh? :wink:
It doesn't do much/bugger-all to motivate me, but it's got me a nice haul of Stuff so far! Got my eyes on a new mp3 player next. :wink:

I've felt better ever since I've been on the painkillers - I can actually function. Everything just sounds so dim and dulled! My TV must be up so loud right now, as I've got it at a level that's comfortable for me. :lol:
Your neighbours will be calling the cops any moment now :wink:
Functioning is good.

Oh, very nice! I've been trying to convince myself (and Ax to some degree) that buying an SLR is worth it eventually. Still haven't gotten there though - $1000 is a bit much!
Ye gods! That's a lotta camera. I'd be too scared to use the thing if it cost that much. Plus I'd probably suck at manual focussing and all that professional stuff.

How's the book and everything going?

I am a Single Gay Man
Interested in meeting Single Man, Single Woman, Gay Male Couple, Gay Female Couple, Bi-Couple, Group
For Other Activities
Between 18 & 23 years old

... :lol:

There's online lacrosse?!

Aha, vengeance upon your neighbours! Now you have to stay awake or at least leave your TV on till about 3am.

:lol: I probably will fall asleep with the TV on too, actually, since it's a distraction from the ringing in my ears. Too bad for the neighbours. :evil:

It doesn't do much/bugger-all to motivate me, but it's got me a nice haul of Stuff so far! Got my eyes on a new mp3 player next. :wink:

Exploiting bullshit to get cool stuff is made of win. :up:

Ye gods! That's a lotta camera. I'd be too scared to use the thing if it cost that much. Plus I'd probably suck at manual focussing and all that professional stuff.

Haha, yeah, I'm fairly clueless with that sort of thing too, but I'm fairly eager to learn and make my photography even better. The one thing that really holds me back is that, well, I'm photographing for me, and can I see the improved image quality that much to justify such expenditure?

Oh Bonnie :lmao:

Ok, I gotta go, the email hasn't come yet Ax, if it's not there by tomorrow night I'll let you know, but thanks for trying either way.

Oh Bonnie :lmao:

Ok, I gotta go, the email hasn't come yet Ax, if it's not there by tomorrow night I'll let you know, but thanks for trying either way.

Just as you posted that, I got an e-mail back saying that it was rejected for being too big. :(

Well, I'll send the files individually then ...

Haha, yeah, I'm fairly clueless with that sort of thing too, but I'm fairly eager to learn and make my photography even better. The one thing that really holds me back is that, well, I'm photographing for me, and can I see the improved image quality that much to justify such expenditure?
I'd think about it if I was really serious about photography, and wanted to go freelance or get artistic or something... otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with pocket-sized digital cameras. Easier to get those into concerts, anyway.

And this one has image stabilisation! :yippie:

Oh, adorable moment just then in the Olympics. Polish guy wins gold in the vault, I think they said it was Poland's first gymnastics gold, and when the media comes up to photograph him, he gets out a photo of his young son. Definitely a feel-good moment there.

I'd think about it if I was really serious about photography, and wanted to go freelance or get artistic or something... otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with pocket-sized digital cameras. Easier to get those into concerts, anyway.

And this one has image stabilisation! :yippie:

Yeah, I'm thinking the best move for me would be to get a really good, top-of-the-line digital camera. It can probably do everything I want for only half the price of an SLR.

Heh, I'm far too paranoid to take ANY camera to a concert ...

Oh, adorable moment just then in the Olympics. Polish guy wins gold in the vault, I think they said it was Poland's first gymnastics gold, and when the media comes up to photograph him, he gets out a photo of his young son. Definitely a feel-good moment there.
Aaww! :cute:

Yeah, I'm thinking the best move for me would be to get a really good, top-of-the-line digital camera. It can probably do everything I want for only half the price of an SLR.

Heh, I'm far too paranoid to take ANY camera to a concert ...
I was too paranoid NOT to take one. *L*

How are you today, Bonnie?

I need milo.

Good, thanks. Had a very messy drawing lesson today, got all those blue pastel over my face, like some sort of poor jungle camouflage. Very kidlike. The final work turned out alright, though. :up:

How've you been? Mm, milo... think I'll grab myself a hot tea.

If Channel 7 is to be believed, France has magically morphed into Germany in the last couple of minutes ...

Good, thanks. Had a very messy drawing lesson today, got all those blue pastel over my face, like some sort of poor jungle camouflage. Very kidlike. The final work turned out alright, though. :up:

Smurf!

Good evening, dear bladder bags!!!
:love:

I'm far too stingy to risk having an expensive electronics item of mine confiscated! :laugh:

I wouldn't make a good bootlegger ...
:tsk:

I was very confident that there wouldn't be a problem taking little cameras into the venue... everyone on the email list (cos I wasn't posting here at the time) said they had no trouble, and mine wasn't in plain sight anyway.

Blue camo? Nice! :up:

I had a partly lazy and very culinarily indulgent weekend :)drool: ), and I need to get to bed soon... all good though. :)

If Channel 7 is to be believed, France has magically morphed into Germany in the last couple of minutes ...
Zut alors. Er, I mean, mein Gott!

I don't think France would be very happy about that, somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom