Testje - VII - Just say no to the Magic Bootin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get my computer out of my bedroom. Especially when I'm trying to get some stuff sorted out.

It's just sitting there, on my desk, tempting me to go see what's going on. :shifty:

Oh well, atleast this time, I was rewarded by a U2.com update. :hyper:

you know I have great respect for keepers Tomer. I myself could not do it. Our keeper had a dotty against him on Friday night. They took ages setting it up and then the ref walked in and moved the ball forward about a 30 cms. ..start again. Our goalie saved it, we celebrated. The linesman took ages to let the ref know he thought out goalie moved before the ball. He didn't. They let them take it again. He saved it again, the ball rolled back to the field and someone scored with it while our keeper was down. My heart was :heart: racing. Enjoy your new gloves.

Good luck with your return to work fah, holiday time does move faster than any other....except maybe the time at a U2 concert. ...and these threads:) You are such a busy girl MG. You've done so many things in the time I've known you:up: keep smiling...and LOL'ing :laugh: I saw your pic yesterd as I was clearing out my files, the one where you're standing next to Larry...it is wonderful:up: :laugh:
Drive safely marty, your nan will be stoked to see you. Enjoy fiddling with the new computer and dining with your sis.
marie, you will mak a splendid teacher. I wish you classfuls of angels and enquiring minds and lots of strength. You remind me of my niece, she has been teaching high school for 6 years and enjoys it.
Lots of server busy messages eh? I haven't had too much bother with Interference, but I'm not here that long I suppose. I will send some money to Elvis asap. He would wait again until birthday season. My kids and husband turn 22, 19, 16 and 50 in the next couple of months, the last two being the biggies. I think Elvis knows I'll throw in some pesos when I can...I won't send CD's..... he never did tell me what he thought of Tommy Emmanuel...I think he is an Aussie legend.
I better go get busy myself. It's cloudy here, but no rain...we need rain please. Good luck to us all..... September!!!U2:hyper:

Angela doesn't post here anymore and she is a mod, maybe that suggests they are really pissed off at the people who hang out in testje.I hope Elvis thinks closing threads after 500 post is sufficient. I think big pictures probably take a lot of loading too. Computers are wonderful things when they are working properly
:)
laura and Lu :hug: I think laura was pulling my leg when she said Blfast was boring. I wishI was there with a big pink limousine m'lady and I'd take ya cruising down the coast, with bells on :)

Well.......I'm thinking its about time we consolidate this thread with random.. since they are basically the same in the sense that you are all just chatting about whatever comes to your mind. Good morning, good nite, what did you have for lunch etc. We do have a chat room ( I guess its working.. not sure :shifty: ).

Elvis has always stressed that the forum is not a 'chat room'.
And I guess a few people have mentioned their dislike with the 'chat threads' so.... is that ok with everyone?

Random testje's? :wink: Maybe you testje's can just start posting in Random. Really, its the same concept. Just so we have one thread instead of two.

I've not checked out random before, it's a bit like the It's Official thread I don't feel welcome there. Anyway I just want is best for Interference and U2....where you lead I will follow....and every now and then make a comment.
I'm not sure hwo quickly the random thread used to move along, but it will grow faster because the testje people have been added to the list. I notice beli doesn't post here much either? So maybe testje has slowed down. i never noticed how big the original one was, so i don't know how many posts per day it generated ...Anyway. lead on Mc Duff
:)

well I just went and checked out the random thread. Until some other testje regulars turn up I'd feel as thought I was stepping into a private party.
I just went and checked my profile.:laugh: isn't it funny the things you type in those places on the spur of the moment? Anyway it informs me that i contribute 3.89 posts to Interference per day:reject; what is the rate that Elvis prefers? One per day?
I have been a member since 1st August 2000. I'd forgotten...the horses birthday :heart: **leaves champagne for the musiclovers and a trail of crumbs so they can find their way home**
psst Rono...what do you reckon?

It's not a private party.. its just where people choose to post, but the concept is the same.

cass said:
well I just went and checked out the random thread. Until some other testje regulars turn up I'd feel as thought I was stepping into a private party.
I just went and checked my profile.:laugh: isn't it funny the things you type in those places on the spur of the moment? Anyway it informs me that i contribute 3.89 posts to Interference per day:reject; what is the rate that Elvis prefers? One per day?
I have been a member since 1st August 2000. I'd forgotten...the horses birthday :heart: **leaves champagne for the musiclovers and a trail of crumbs so they can find their way home**
psst Rono...what do you reckon?
I don`t care Cass, i have not the illusion that we have to say anything about it. The Modley crue want this one stopped and they will do so. They try to do it nicely and gentle though.

Why do you think I'm asking you your opinions? If I wanted to I could just close it now and be done with it.

I just dont see the point of having 2 chat threads here when the purpose can be served in one thread. I am awaiting the other mods opinions but please feel free to share yours as well.

Sicy said:
It's not a private party.. its just where people choose to post, but the concept is the same.
I'm trying really hard to understand what it is you people want...woops my post rate just went up by one, but this is important to me. How come we can't choose to post in testje's with people we feel comfortable with? Some people seem to have free reign here and others are censored..all members are premium, just some are more premium than others?

God save us all, we both( we being the USA and Australia, does anywhere else exist?...other than the Netherlands and Canada and Ireland and France and Belgium...who'd I forget?)... we both have very significant national elections coming up :yikes: I'll go wandering around this place a bit more and see if I can fathom what is allowed. I know Elvis has a set of forum rules posted, but how they are applied seems so flexible. You know I love this place and really want to do the right thing by y'all....I came back here instead of random...old habits :)

"Us people" :| are just trying to run a forum as best as we can. I dont think only certain people have free reign here. There is no need to have 2 chat threads in one forum. There really isnt a need to have any chat threads. This is a forum, not a chat room. But Yknow what, whatever.. do what you all want. We're going to get shit either way. :shrug:

okey dokey...my results after looking at people's profiles.... what eclectic tastes we have:up:
daily post rates of people I have known here for a long time and who are regulars. I know people are rolling their eyes and saying it's about content and quality , but we all talk rubbish at times, so posts per day seems to be a good control in this here experiment.

fyi
Martha- 6.06
meggannie- 12.58
Iluvlarrymullen- 6.37
cujo- 6.85
dieman-2.05
screaming flower-10.28
heartlandgirl-2.56
beli-9.75
fah-21.66
headacheinasuitcase-4.54
Rono-2.52
NateDogg-0.55
bonosgirl84 - 6.5
melon -3.59
cass-3.89
zoney - 15.37

some of these people also have and use other user names. I tried to only look at people who are not moderators. I'll jus go in search of a calculator to come up with an average. It looks as though it will be around 6?

Sicy said:
We're going to get shit either way. :shrug:

Is it just me or is everybody a little narky at the moment? I dont mean Sicy and Cass in this thread, I mean in general across Interference. The whole tone of this site seems to be very sombre and antsy.

Maybe people are getting frustrated with the wait for the new album and are going nuts?

Sicy Im not suprised you feel like you are coping shit (and I dont mean from Cass :heart:) from this place.

Somethings definately in the water :hmm:

Last edited:
Sicy said:
"Us people" But Yknow what, whatever.. do what you all want. We're going to get shit either way. :shrug:

well not voting for George W Bush and John Howard would be a good start for making the world less shittier.
I can't find a calculator, I presume they are with the pens someplace. I got 115.64 divided by 16..which I think is 7 ish.
So as long as I'm only posting as often as melon and martha I don't feel too bad.
I have had more than my usual say here today, but I just want to get things right.
**goes around to marty's and does a backyard makeover while he's away...paints a mural of Australian wildflowers and emmylou harris on his fence and U2 rocks of course**

beli:hug: a friendly face:hug: I am really in :blahblah: mode today. I have used up waaaaaaaaaay too much puter time, but at least my research makes me feel less guilty..a bit, bye

What does daily post count have to do with ANYTHING here, Cass?

Fah, who is a regular Testje poster...has the highest average..so what is your point here?

I think what Cass is trying to say, please note I havent discussed this with Cass so I could be talking out my bottom, is that it shouldnt matter what people are saying. eg posts in a thread over at fym shouldnt have more validity than posts in chat threads.

Actually, posts in fym are chat threads if you think about it. Their posts have nothing to do with U2 either. Just people gasbaging about politics.

I think there are many cliques in Interference and not just in Testjes and Random. Some of those music threads are very difficult to penetrate also. But thats okay. I think once people have been talking to each other for a while they develop their own language, like PLEBA and their 'manboobs' and "RSOC' etc or IO and its salty brains.

I dont think its a bad thing, just the way it is.

Last edited:
zoney! said:
What does daily post count have to do with ANYTHING here, Cass?

Fah, who is a regular Testje poster...has the highest average..so what is your point here?
still here:reject:
well the server problems have to do with the size of threads as far as I can fathom. So I am trying to understand what is the ideal number of posts to keep things functioning and not have people moaning and groaning and laying blame. I'm not trying to make a point, I'm just trying to understand
they are just names I picked at random to look at post counts, maybe someone has higher than fah, I don't know. I wasn't grouping people in any way. Anyway i feel all warm and snuggly in between martha and melon :)

O.K. :up:

I wasn't sure where you were going with this. I felt like I was be singled out as someone who get special treatment or something. :reject: :sexywink:

cass said:
Anyway i feel all warm and snuggly in between martha and melon :)

That would be a warm and snuggly place! Crap...I am stuck in between Fah and Meggie according to your poll. :yikes: :p

hide2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom