Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris, you are not the only one on the same boat. I guess we have all felt that way at least once, and it took me quite a long time to come to the conclusion that the place where you live and the people surrounding you is the cause of that feeling. You need to find culture and take an Airborne against the barriers, you live in USA's angriest city after all.

How Angry Is Your City? | Men's Health

Classic that Florida takes up 4 or 5 of the top 20 cities there... Orlando ain't too tough though (or at least around UCF). I'm actually from Delray Beach though, neighboring the bitchiest town in the nation, Boca Raton. So it's fitting that I moved from one to the other :D

I didn't catch your name btw, you are?

Those rankings are sometimes pretty messed up, I mean, how can they properly measure "angriness" in a city? That's like measuring the overall intelligence in a city just based on the number of the college graduates inhabiting it.

I'm Rishi.

Haha of course, I dont take it that seriously.

It's just pretty funny to see Florida filling up the charts. Plenty of hardheaded and close-minded people though.

Same here :D except for my best friend, who shares my fandom...nearly completely...and my family tolerate it slightly though I think my mom will rip out her hair in exasperation if she ever happens to see shirtless Bono again (Rattle & Hum...>.< sweaty eew)

But yeah...definitely no one at my school, for the most part; they all listen to Bieber and Lady Gaga or they're obsessed with the Beatles or something, which I'm not really. And all the U2 fans I find aren't really fans but people my parents' age who've heard them before. It's a little sad...

Haha listening to Gaga/obsessed with the Beatles isn't too bad. Everyone around here listens to garbage like Lil Wayne, Drake, Eminem, and that god awful music. And there's nobody in between.

Everyone around here listens to garbage like Lil Wayne, Drake, Eminem, and that god awful music. And there's nobody in between.

They probably listen to that too; I haven't really enquired, not caring the slightest bit since it's bad all around. But there is some tolerable music among what my peers listen to...

Honestly it's not the fact that people aren't U2 fans that bothers me.

It's the hate for U2 or the looks I get when I bring it up/play their music/they see my poster/etc.

You're right; that's much worse. It's weird how so many people my age don't like the music I listen to...

I always wanted to chat with people about U2, who are of my own age (18) but they are scarce, All the kids my age are hopped up on dope and listen to Autotuned garbage and really do not know what good music is anymore. God forbid someone would use there own voice to make music. I just laugh when people say such and such A band is way better..:angry:

Awww. That's sad. Well...college, I guess? I'm hoping whoever I'm near in college will *not* have a horrendous taste in music, at least

Oh I do, a good friend of me is a fan, my parents who made me a fan ofcourse.... (but eh, they're not such a crazy fan as I am hahaha). I don't really talk about the band to my other friends anymore, but when I do, they don't mind. Some of them even know their names and stuff..:lol:

They know their names? :D That's good. My friends are like 'wait, who?' although I'm sure everyone has some idea who Bono is, though they could care less. My sister and brother had to be reminded who the various members were quite a bit but now they know; my sister now thinks of Larry as 'that guy in the music video with the mermaid' :)

My 6 firend like at least some U2 songs, a couple of them declare they like U2 a lot, but I'm the biggest maniac in my company :giggle:

^^ lol! The only one in my family who actually remembers their names is my brother (he's 18 - 1 year older than me). Mainly because he's also into music. My mum kind of knows them, but doesn't know who plays which instrument :doh: And then there's my dad, who struggles every time he tries to remember them. He might have an extra difficulty, though: I also taught him Bono and Edge's real names, so... :rolleyes:

Oh, and my friends listen to really shitty music, too. But it's mainstream, so they think that entitles them to bash U2 :crack:

And then there's my dad, who struggles every time he tries to remember them. He might have an extra difficulty, though: I also taught him Bono and Edge's real names, so... :rolleyes:

Ha :) yeah...I gave up on real names after my family couldn't remember the stage names even.

I always wanted to chat with people about U2, who are of my own age (18) but they are scarce, All the kids my age are hopped up on dope and listen to Autotuned garbage and really do not know what good music is anymore. God forbid someone would use there own voice to make music. I just laugh when people say such and such A band is way better..:angry:

I completely understand you lol, sounds exactly like it is here.

I don't really care anymore. People can listen to what they like and people can like what they listen to.

Except for Nickelback, nobody should be allowed to listen to Nickelback, it's a health precaution.

Nickelback is the modern day AC/DC. Listen to their music spread over 5 years and you'll realize it's all exactly the same.

Annoying. Although I wouldn't go that far. It's bearable. Not like Chris Daughtry, or My Chemical Romance.

People hated AC/DC back then? As far as I know they're still considered untouchables.

Angus Young is a hack to me.

another isolated u2 fan :angry:
my friends dont understand why i like them

i went to the melbourne concert a couple of weeks ago with one of my friends who just wanted to see jay z, in conversation i was like yeah im pumped for 'sunday bloody sunday'
and he replied 'whats that'?

i wanted to hit him in the face

another isolated u2 fan :angry:
my friends dont understand why i like them

i went to the melbourne concert a couple of weeks ago with one of my friends who just wanted to see jay z, in conversation i was like yeah im pumped for 'sunday bloody sunday'
and he replied 'whats that'?

i wanted to hit him in the face

That's awful, but hey at least he came with you lol.

People hated AC/DC back then? As far as I know they're still considered untouchables.

Angus Young is a hack to me.

Well you live in Australia, do you not? Over here they're looked at completely differently.

I went with two friends to a U2 show in Brussels. They both know and like some of the well known songs but when the whole stadium was singing the first verse of ISHFWILF they didn't know the words and stood there like :crack:.

:lol:

I went with two friends to a U2 show in Brussels. They both know and like some of the well known songs but when the whole stadium was singing the first verse of ISHFWILF they didn't know the words and stood there like :crack:.

:lol:

I don't know your friends but they need to tune into A radio, pff not knowing the words to ISHFWILF,Preposterous, strike them with bricks! lol :angry:

Back
Top Bottom