Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, im also a radio dj, i play alot of U2 and music like it, coldplay killers muse the script... awesome bands liek that

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 18 and a massive U2 fan, since singing babyface when i was a baby. (convinient).

I would just like to say about the young people nowadays who dont have the respect for bands such as U2 and The Beatles, saying there crap. They only listen to their radio tunes instead off exploring into bands and talent.

Sick off people calling U2 rubbish just because off what they think off BONO, idiotic people.. :shifty:

I thought everyone loves The Beatles?

So did i, however from speaking to some friends off mine, i talk about The Beatles and the reply i got was, "what did they sing?". Haha this is from scousers :down:

I'm a massive fan off The Beatles so i was taken aback with that comment. Plus with them being thee biggest artist off all time.

Welcome Michael! I'm Chris, pleasure to meet you.

And yeah, people dont give a rats ass about the Beatles anymore. I told a friend that it's John Lennon's 30th anniversary of his death and got an answer of: who is that? today.

So sad.

Although I do not care for The Beatles in general I have to admit that not knowing of John Lennon is disgraceful.

I think everyone should at least be able to name all the members of The Beatles even at my age.

certainly, even from simply a historical context.

I'm not a crazy Beatles fan, a handful of songs I rather enjoy though.

So glad my semester just ended today, it's U2 for the rest of the night though because nobody else is done!

See i'm from Liverpool, and have grown up listening to the beatles and am a fan off The Beatles, so when i hear of fellow Liverpudlians saying they dont know the Beatles. (the biggest artist of all time), it just does my head in. To not Know who John Lennon is, is so disrespectful to music and life hahaa:hyper:

Its just as same if nobody knew who Bono was :lol:

See i'm from Liverpool, and have grown up listening to the beatles and am a fan off The Beatles, so when i hear of fellow Liverpudlians saying they dont know the Beatles. (the biggest artist of all time), it just does my head in. To not Know who John Lennon is, is so disrespectful to music and life hahaa:hyper:

Its just as same if nobody knew who Bono was :lol:

I'm from South Florida, 99% of the population of youth here is glued to the MTV/hip-hip/rap/R&B craze. Most people know who Bono is, but believe it or not I've also got that statement before. Not knowing who Bono is! Almost as bad as (if not worse, considering Bono is still alive and an activist) than not knowing who John Lennon is.

I'm from South Florida, 99% of the population of youth here is glued to the MTV/hip-hip/rap/R&B craze. Most people know who Bono is, but believe it or not I've also got that statement before. Not knowing who Bono is! Almost as bad as (if not worse, considering Bono is still alive and an activist) than not knowing who John Lennon is.

D: That is terrible.

My friends hate me talking about the band.

Most of my friends are just like 'what?' because they're part of the typical teenaged population listening to the recent hits. The others have heard of U2 and like a few of their songs, but that's it, and they have no idea who the hell David Evans is, certainly not Larry Mullen Jr, though they may have heard of Bono. My best friend and I, however, are awesome because we get together and watch Rattle & Hum when my parents don't complain about it.

Hey maddy, How do you do?, I'm Michael, yeah some interesting conversations i have seen on the forum so far:D

Hi Michael, nice to meet you! I'm doing very well. How are you? :)

I thought everyone loves The Beatles?

It pains me that people don't know who John Lennon is. I have a necklace with a picture of him on it... one day I wore it to school and this dumb girl came up to me, looked at my necklace, and said, "I like Harry Potter, too!" and walked away before I could correct her.

WTF :huh:

Judging by the picture of him, I could see the resemblance (he had his hippie glasses on, not the sharpest photo of him) but uh...really? :doh:

Hi everyone. My name is R. Clayton n i'm from East Timor. I think i'm a bit older than most of you. After a few months later i won't be a teenager anymore.

Not too many of my friends are U2 fans. Well most of them like their concerts but not the band or their music as a whole, probably because most of them don't like Bono. But everyone seems to love Adam Clayton, which is good thing for me.

So :wave: and :hug:

what counts as not getting a show? Lets ignore getting a flight, but how far would the nearest show be to drive?

I missed Tampa last year because I had to take the SAT, I seriously considered driving 4.5 hours, rescheduling my SAT to a Tampa location, and going to the show. I just simply didnt have the money.

This year though, they're an hour away in Miami. Cant miss it!

I live in Australia, so we have dirt and small towns for many miles until we reach the nearest city.

If the show doesnt come to you, money permitting, go to it. That's my philosophy. That's why I went to the 25th annual Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Benefit Concert at MSG in NYC (U2 was a performing act). One of the greatest concerts ever.

Sick off people calling U2 rubbish just because off what they think off BONO, idiotic people.. :shifty:

I believe in retrospective analysis through direct "stupid is as stupid does" for most youngsters, and Justin Bieber's mother should go to court just for that.

So - question - does anyone else have the misery of being an isolated U2 fan? Outside of Interference (and I'm relatively new here) I do not know any U2 fans my age.

Back
Top Bottom