...talk about the weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, yeah, it's funny, isn't it, how your outlook on weather can change like that. :).

beli said:
14 degrees Celsius equals 57.2 degrees Fahrenheit

20 degrees Celsius equals 68 degrees Fahrenheit

Ah.

Yes. I would love to be in that kind of weather. Last time I checked the weather report here (which was a couple of hours ago), it was 81 degrees. Heat index was 84. And it's well after midnight :|.

Angela

tiny dancer said:
We had heavy rains here that flooded my garage and part of my basement. What a mess. :madspit:

Aw, that sucks :( :hug:. I've heard about the constant rain your part of the country's getting...it's insane :tsk:. Yeah, this poor country's just had a miserable last couple of months weather-wise, haven't we?

LOL, fah, how funny is that-it's warm where I live and cool where you're living right now, but this weekend, your area's gonna warm up and mine's gonna cool down (yes, today is our last day of 90+ degree heat for a while. Tomorrow it starts to cool down, and by this weekend...highs in the low 70s, lows in the upper 50s. It's gonna be heaven :D). :p.

Angela

It had been hot and sunny for weeks and weeks. The last 2 days it has rained and it's getting sunny again.

The good news about the rain is that the forest fire warning has gone to low. It was at extreme high :ohmy:

fah said:
It had been hot and sunny for weeks and weeks. The last 2 days it has rained and it's getting sunny again.

That's good-rain's gotta be cooling you down a bit, I imagine. :).

It was really hot here last Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday in particular was nasty-got up to 95 degrees, and our heat index reached 111 degrees. And with the dewpoint being near 80, it was really humid and all blech out and everything. It was horrible. But thankfully it's been much cooler the last few days. Today was a little bit warm-low 80s-but not too bad.

Supposed to possibly see some nasty storms tomorrow-again (seriously, that's been how many times this summer that we've had a chance of severe weather?). But after that passes through, it'll be cooler yet again (get this, next Wednesday they're saying our lows could be in the upper 40s-that's extremely rare for southern Nebraska at this time of year. We go from 95 degrees for a high to upper 40s for a low within about a week's worth of time-what a range...).

Originally posted by fah
The good news about the rain is that the forest fire warning has gone to low. It was at extreme high :ohmy:

That's great to hear. The less that's a threat to you, the better. :). Hopefully that threat will continue to diminish.

Angela

HeartlandGirl said:
Even hotter tonight than last night. Just passed 10 p.m. and we're at 101 F.

:combust:

:shocked:...are you freakin' kidding me? Yeouch. Crank up the air conditioning, huh? :p.

Geez, seriously, that makes our nights about a week ago when we'd still be in the low 80s or upper 70s at that time of night seem cool.

101 degrees after 10 pm...*Shakes head*

Angela

my favourite thread!

warm in here

:hug: to this thread

Mr. BAW said:
Spent the last 3 days in Rancho Mirage, CA...next to Palm Springs...uh, 113 degrees today when we left at noon! Never thought 85 degree weather would feel so good!

Can't get enough, so we're going back...be in the desert today through Tuesday...no golf, just leisure...

we're actually house hunting and getting ideas for the future..its where we plan on retirement..I'm 53 and with my job I can work most anywhere in So.CAL because I drive all over as it is...:)

while I might complain about the heat :combust:, its actually good for my skin because I am a psoriasis sufferer..:(

me and 4 million or Americans!

Mr. BAW said:
117F in Palm fucking Springs...

:combust:

Ouch. That sucks.

It's only 81 degrees here (we had a front come through yesterday, so it's not humid or anything, either-it's just right). It'll be kinda like this allllll week...oh, it'll be so nice...

Also, yesterday, we got a little thundershower again in the evening, but nothing serious happened, so yay! :D.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom