Taking your mom to the show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hihi I'm taking my mum to Amsterdam too She's 50, totally denies she loves bono ,but we all know better.

Don't call your mom old, 54 is really no age :lol:

I've seen a lot of older people at the shows, families with kids, 2 and 3 generations, I love it :up:

Thank you! I am 52 and I plan on seeing U2 in the summer of 2010. Opps, I will be 53 by then. But, you are never to old to enjoy life!

I went with my parents to an Elevation show, which was there first one. Mom was jumping off the walls with excitement to the point that the cd player in the car broken down so the whole way to the venue (4hrs) she was singing U2 songs. Dad enjoyed himself, in talking to him afterwards he said "Yeah Boner is alright" LOL!

They are going to the 2nd show in Oct and they are excited once again.

Good for you!

I'll be 56 by the Chicago shows and I'm taking my daughter. We're doing GA the first night. For the second I have Red Zone and I got her a good seat. That's insurance in case I'm too totally dead to stand the second night. We didn't know if she'd have the time off from work when the presales were on.

I think I'm the one who's more excited.:hyper:

Birdlover

I took my mom to U2 shows :)..she went to two during Elevation..and my only Vertigo show..we had a blast!:applaud:
For this tour I'm going with a friend to TO...but hopefully when U2 come to Montreal maybe in 2010 I will go with my mom again:D

I'm amazed to see so how many here take their parents to the shows! My mom still knows most JT songs since she grew up with it when I played the album day in day out back in the 80's :) Before we go to the show I have to give NLOTH a few more spins though because after the first listen she asked: "What was he singing? Coming from a long line of cockatoos?" :doh:

I've been to several shows with my daughter...she's 23 and I'm 45. In several days we will be taking our first trip to Ireland together to see a show! I am so pumped! :hyper:

We always have a blast!

My 79-year old uncle from Dublin is going to Dublin3 (not with me, but he'll probably meet me at the show). I'm assuming he'll have seats. Plus he's flying in from the U.S. that day...

I'm seeing Dublin 2 with my dad - we saw the first Dublin concert together in 2005 as well. It's become a tradition of sorts, he's a U2 fan too...
Really, don't worry, unless you hate rock music there is no way a U2 concert can be a bad experience.

My parents @ 63 went to San Diego II during Vertigo -- parents, sisters, nephews -- three generations at a U2 gig is always a good thing.

I know you're not supposed to, but I'll be taking along my dear old mom (54) to the first Amsterdam show. Right down to the action because I've got GA tickets. It might all get too overwhelming but at least she will finally see the man she named her cat after in real life :lol:

Have any of you taken your old folks to a U2 show before and if so, did it work out?

I took my Dad to an Elevation show when he was 51. He loved it. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the volume... I haven't read all the responses to see if this has been mentioned, but I'd recommend bringing earplugs.

I had an extra ticket for Vertigo so I took my mom. Only problem was we were in different sections. She only knows Beautiful Day (and didn't realize it was a U2 song until the concert). So even though she only knew one song she told me after she had a really great time and really loved the lights. She said she'd like to go again and would have driven from MN to Chicago with me this fall to see them but at the time tickets went on sale, I was living in Arizona so I bought tickets for Phoenix and Vegas. :( I'm going back for those shows but I wish she would have expressed an interest a few months ago when I mentioned the tickets and not after the fact when I got my tickets in the mail! Maybe they'll come to Minneapolis next year.

I went to my Mom to Popmart Rotterdam 97 when she was 53 (in the inner circle!!) .... and went with my Dad to Vertigo Buenos Aires (seated) when he was 63!
No problem, they enjoyed and I did feel better that they are finally able to see the band they had to listened to for 20 years because of me.... :D

I'm taking my mum (47), my dad (55) and my sister (25) to the first show in London :D GA tickets, treat from me.. because they have had to deal with my U2-obsession for so many years.. :lol::lol:
And at the same time to celebrate my sisters 25th birthday that day :D

They are all so excited!! Even want to see if we can buy cheap seats for London 2 :applaud:

Florida native, making a road-trip with my family to Virginia, my younger cousin is getting married on Saturday (10-03-2009), U2 plays on Thursday (10-01-2009), and here I am in the process of trying to convince the rest of us that we leave Miami on Wednesday (09-30-2009), so that we can be there by Thursday and so that I can get all 20 family members (give or take a few) out with me to see U2 rock!!

Granted, not all of the family members are fully immersed in U2 as us hard-core fans are, but i did take DAD to a vertigo show, BTW DAD reminds me of Bono's old man, good man, but very emotionally closed-off to himself, glad to say that listening to "with or without you" brought tears out of him!! Best moment I've shared with him so far!!

Hoping for the same effect come October 1st, 2009 @ Charlottesville, Virginia!!

Since I am the Horizon member of U2.com, I bought the GA tickets to Vegas. I will be taking my 30 year old son and his girlfriend with me to the concert - I am quite sure that we will have a great time. We also went together to see U2 on the Vertigo tour! Oh, by the way, I am 57 and have been going to rock & roll concerts since the late 60's!:lol:

My mum went to the same show as I did, but fortunately, we were in two different groups so I didn't have to suffer embarrassment.

Turns out she had the better seats, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom