***Survivor: Popping out of the competiton (Singles Finals Rd 16)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bunch of F*$#ing idiots!!!
I go away camping for 1 and a half days and Popheart has been voted off!!!

That round did'nt last very long either! Well I'm gonna vote off UF now because of that.

the tourist said:
Does anyone really need to ask what I've voted for?

Yes! :wink:

This is getting stupid. First people voted for UF because people like tourist and I are passionate fans of it. Now people are voting for it because Popheart got kicked off? Voting for UF because Popheart got kicked serves utterly no purpose at all.

Axver said:

Yes! :wink:

This is getting stupid. First people voted for UF because people like tourist and I are passionate fans of it. Now people are voting for it because Popheart got kicked off? Voting for UF because Popheart got kicked serves utterly no purpose at all.

No appreciation for experimental genius through artful pop, despite the ingenious melodies and insanely poetic lyrics. More of a "You like it? Okay, let's vote it off!" sentiment. Or a "You voted off my single... so even though I like it, I want to get back at you." *sigh* Axver, prepare for another edge-of-your-seat nailbiter. :|

stagman said:
well you lot should have attacked something else last round.

Seeing as it offered us solely live tracks, I beg to differ. No new material. I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did.

stagman said:
2 Fantastic live tracks that beat any B-Side.
Nothing beats Please - Streets live, so you got nothin.

So you were counting on Popheart to win it all...?

the tourist said:

No appreciation for experimental genius through artful pop, despite the ingenious melodies and insanely poetic lyrics. More of a "You like it? Okay, let's vote it off!" sentiment. Or a "You voted off my single... so even though I like it, I want to get back at you." *sigh* Axver, prepare for another edge-of-your-seat nailbiter. :|

:sigh:

This really is silly. I've no problem with people voting for the UF single if they can justify WHY they genuinely think it is the worst single left. And as of yet, only a few people have done so, even though we have had a flood of votes for it. Now it's just "waaa, you kicked off Popheart", which I see as fairly petty.

Axver said:

This really is silly. I've no problem with people voting for the UF single if they can justify WHY they genuinely think it is the worst single left. And as of yet, only a few people have done so, even though we have had a flood of votes for it. Now it's just "waaa, you kicked off Popheart", which I see as fairly petty.

Petty indeed. And that makes me look like this: :mad:

:wink:

Popheart and Uf would have survived another few rounds yet, if it were a simple voting poll. The fact that we can leave comments makes this all look very dodgy and unfair.

Popheart would've made my top 2 or 3.
Either Stay or ISHFWILF would be my no.1

Last edited:
Oh the differing opinions of U2 fans.... I don't think any U2 single is crap. I think each is great. Some are just greater than others in my opinion. I'd take most any studio track over a live track as a b-side. The brilliance of Love Comes Tumbling, Lumious Times, Spanish Eyes, and The Three Sunrises come to mind. *shrugs* I'll just listen to live songs from bootlegs and studio b-sides in playlists along with albums and to hell with the singles. :wink:

Staring at the Sun should have gone long ago..what's it still doing here???

If the Fly, Even Better or WOWY or Pride make the top 5 then this whole thing will be utter nonsense!!!!

How far do you people think you can really take "TUF"? I think it deserves to make the Top Six........but considering the percentage of people that voted against it last time, I think some of you are a tad misguided if you feel it can win the whole shebang....

Aardvark747 said:
SATS - Once again, and it looks like I wasted my vote - Once again!

Voting for what you believe in isn't wasting your vote.......I've done that nearly the entire tournament, and the last few rounds I've been lucky to vote for the thing that left.......better to keep your ideals than to sell out for a "lesser evil" candidate........that's why I voted for Nader instead of Kerry.

BigMacPhisto said:
How far do you people think you can really take "TUF"? I think it deserves to make the Top Six........but considering the percentage of people that voted against it last time, I think some of you are a tad misguided if you feel it can win the whole shebang....

It deserves to win or at least make the last five, but considering the state of play right now, I'd be overjoyed just to get it to the top ten.

What I Want To Occur:

1. Any of the JT singles
4. The Fly
5. One
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Pride
8. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
9. All I Want Is You
10. Even Better Than The Real Thing
11. Staring At The Sun
12. If God Will Send His Angels
13. New Year's Day
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday

Axver said:

This really is silly. I've no problem with people voting for the UF single if they can justify WHY they genuinely think it is the worst single left.

This is inconsistent. The pack of 14 people who have so far voted for SBS (mostly) have not done so because they feel that it is the worst single left, but to protect UF.

Therefore it is completely in other peoples right to attack UF as a pack.

Survivor essentially boils down to the ends justifying the means. If I were to rank all U2 singles, UF would be in the top 5 no doubt. But it would not be number one, and thus I am determined to see it voted out ASAP, because I know there is a big enough base who will vote in a fashion to make it number 1.

For the record, I am voting for Sunday Bloody Sunday because I believe it is the worst single there, and the same applies to Popheart in the last round. The only time I made a vote different to what I would have ordinarily made in order to protect UF was when I voted for Beautiful Day, though I would be kicking it in the next round or two if it were still here.

Next round ... I'm looking at you three, Stay, SATS, and IGWSHA. AIWIY shouldn't linger for too much longer either. Yeah, great b-sides ... as far as covers go. I prefer original songs.

Axver said:

Next round ... I'm looking at you three, Stay, SATS, and IGWSHA. AIWIY shouldn't linger for too much longer either. Yeah, great b-sides ... as far as covers go. I prefer original songs.

SATS.....maybe.
IGWSHA - no.
Stay - choose this one and UF will go down.
AIWIY - see Stay.

For the life of me, I can't see why Pride is still here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom