Survivor:Cook Islands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not just the breath...but it's been what, a month? I'm sure THEY stink, ya know, armpits, other stuff (ew).

And I don't blame Jonathan, I wouldn't have shared my fish with their lazy asses either.

Cool, Parskanky's finger gets cut! Let the blood flow like wine!
Tonight, they whip out the...loved ones! Get a hanky, ready!

Darn it's not on right now due to a Steeler football game. Will be on later, but I don't know if I will be able to stay awake to watch it. So you guys may have to fill me in about it :mad:

Ummm I don't get why everyone wanted to get rid of Jonathan....seems to me they'd want him around since everyone hates him. Plus he's not even a threat in the challenges.
Is it just me or is Adam totally smarmy?

Dumb, dumb, dumb. :tsk:

Keep Jonathan, get rid of Adam. That leaves 5 vs. Pavarti. With Jonathan gone and Adam in, that leaves three distinct groups - the two guys, Adam and Pavarti, and the two girls. I think the alliance between the three guys is (or rather, was) quite solid. I had a feeling that the two girls would flip pretty easily. With Jonathan still there, and the idol, that wouldn't have mattered that much. Now, they're set up so that they can flip and have the numbers, leaving Ozzy and Yul out to dry. And I thought all these things even before the clips from next week showed that alliance crumbling.

Idiots. :tsk:

U2morrow said:
Ummm I don't get why everyone wanted to get rid of Jonathan....seems to me they'd want him around since everyone hates him. Plus he's not even a threat in the challenges.

I was thinking the same thing. He would be the best one to go against for the million.

I think that this was Yul's first mistake, and it will cost him the million.
Like I said before, Ozzie will win.

Ozzy will have to win the next 4 immunity challenges (which is a distinct possibility) to get to the final 2.

Taking Jonathan out before Adam (whose dad has the exact same face and jumped in the water in the cave with the exact same technique) was a stupid move.

Should have taken out Adam now, Jonathan next week.

Looks like Michelle Kwan and Sundra might skate to the final 2.

I think at some point if a person is so annoying to everyone, human nature takes over. Let's remember, these people don't have the luxury of avoiding one another very much, and I'd imagine being stranded on an island with someone who is a real pain in the ass is not the most pleasant experience. So in that aspect, I can see why Jonathan was voted off.

From a game standpoint, it probably wasn't the best strategy. Adam and Parvati are good in the competitions, and while one will definitely be gone next week, if the other one wins immunity the week after that, you've got a problem. Whereas I don't think Jonathan was as much of a threat in the challenges.

The one good thing about this is that it might make Yul look a bit better with the jury, although anything can happen between now and then.

A few items in the recent issue of TV Guide were quite interesting to read. I guess they could be considered spoilers so treat this post as a potential SPOILER WARNING...

There will be 9 jury members and instead of a final 2, there will be a final 3 this time.

:hmm:

I suspected something like that. But that still opens up tie possibilities.

I suppose if the vote goe,s 4-4-1 then they toss out the 3rd place person and revote, but how do they do that when Probst has the votes with him while travelling to the finale via helicopter, jet ski, homing pigeon and roman chariot??

I'm sure they cooked up some plan.

Well, what will be cool is when Jonathan's vote in the jury screws someone who screwed him. Until then, Yul, Ozzy and Becky have got to be the favorites. I hope Adam or Parskanky gets voted out next week.

So Yul is planning to flip on Ozzy? Dirty bastard...

Greetings all. I haven't been on this thread much this season, but I have been watching, and I thought I'd weigh in:

I'm definitely rooting for the original Aitu members--Yul, Becky, Ozzy, and Sundra. I don't know that their voting off Jonathan was the smartest move. It proves once again that annoying people just cannot last in this game. If you're arrogant and cocky (except if you limit the behavior to private sessions with the camera like Richard Hatch did) you WILL NOT last in Survivor and I think thats what finally cost Jonathan the game, his abrasive personality. But his life is pretty well set anyway (I read on his profile that he is a Hollywood writer and actor. . .he's been in lots of recent TV shows and movies, which is perhaps why I always thought he looked a bit familiar). Nonetheless, I think it was an unwise move on Aitu's part to dispense with him so soon, because it shook up the sense of trust among the remaining four (and judging from the previews of next week, it sounds like they're now thinking of turning on Ozzy now, which I think would be a mistake). They've left Adam and Pavarti in together, who can work well together and can attempt to flip someone over to their alliance. If they'd left Jonathan in, he and Pavarti would never have worked together since they despise each other which would effectively have prevented either one of them from working to peel someone off the Aitu ailliance.

I really do hope they'll have the good sense to stick together through the final four before they start cannibalizing their own alliance. I cant' see how it would be in anyone's best interest to flip at this point. Ozzy would be the odd man out between Adam and Pavarti--no one wants to compete against him in the final 3. And he may already be the odd man out on the Yul, Becky, Sundara side since they won't want to compete agains him either. If he sticks with his original alliance he can get rid of both Adam and Pavarti who will be more of a threat to him challenge-wise than either Becky or Sundra (there's no point in them trying to force Yul to use the immunity idol because he won't go and the vote will end up bouncing back on one of them--they don't have the numbers to vote out anyone else on Yul's side so it would be one of them going instead). By the same token, if Yul and his people decide to cut Ozzy out now, they get rid of their "saftey net" (i.e. if Ozzy wins immunity which he's likely to, he SHOULD automatically guarantee the saftey of his alliance) and leave two players who are likely to beat both Becky and Sundra in challenges (though maybe not Yul though that's not relevant), meaning that those two women are in more danger of being sent home.

Plus I really like all four of the original Aitu members and really want to see the four of them together in the end. I don't care much for Pavarti--never have, and Adam is just a little too frat boy for my taste. I liked Candice all right but she lost my allegiance when she cut lose from Aitu to be with her "boyfriend." Not the smartest move, and I wasn't unhappy to see her go.

tiny dancer said:
Thanks for the update everyone, for I missed last night's show.

You can find it on youtube. That's how I was able to see it (since the episodes air a week and a day later than the U.S. where I live).

Hewson said:
I suspected something like that. But that still opens up tie possibilities.

I suppose if the vote goe,s 4-4-1 then they toss out the 3rd place person and revote, but how do they do that when Probst has the votes with him while travelling to the finale via helicopter, jet ski, homing pigeon and roman chariot??

I'm sure they cooked up some plan.

And doesn't this also raise the possibility of a three way tie?

CTU2fan said:
Make Parvati History? :)

:lol:

Has to be one of the funniest and wittiest posts I've read in a while.

In three words you drop a pun and play off the fact that this is a U2 fan website.

Priceless!

This is finale week.
Episode Thursday and the 2 hour finale, plus reunion show (maybe we'll get to see Billy bang Candice) on Sunday.

I would have loved to have seen Yul lose the immunity idol but I don't think there is enough time for that to happen now.:hmm: It's not that I'm not a Yul fan but I just think it makes the game boring when a player can be protected and sail through.

Go Ozzy :up:

Back
Top Bottom