Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the last episode Tivo-ed, gonna watch it tomorrow before play rehearsal.

I actually like Matthew Perry in this show, it's that good :up:

Whitford & Perry are both good in this. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how this develops as a weekly show... So far, so good...

I find that for a show that says not to take things too seriously, it really takes itself seriously. And I don't think I care enough about the goings on of a sketch comedy show to keep interested.

Well, I was entertained. Thumbs up from me so far.

But if they string us along forever without showing us the "Crazy Christian" bit, I'm going to be very angry!

This show is getting old very quickly. I'm already looking at my watch. Like the cast but do I care? Nope. :yawn:

This show is brilliant. Very reminiscent of the first four seasons of The West Wing - which makes sense because Sorkin is the man behind both.

I'm not checking the clock at all. Well, maybe at 10:56, hoping there's more than four minutes left :wink:

I was a huge, huge West Wing fan...

but this show is a train wreck. And it is getting worse every week. Borrrinnnngg.

I find it almost unwatchable. If they're bringing in a Rob Reiner to host this "hit" show on episode 3...who do they bring in on episode 20? Bob Barker?

Sorry but

:down:

There's no doubt that this show has a great cast and a great writer in Aaron Sorkin.

But I've found that I'm not very interested in the behind-the-scenes dealings of a variety show.

:shrug:

Westport said:
I was a huge, huge West Wing fan...

but this show is a train wreck. And it is getting worse every week. Borrrinnnngg.

I find it almost unwatchable. If they're bringing in a Rob Reiner to host this "hit" show on episode 3...who do they bring in on episode 20? Bob Barker?

Sorry but

:down:

They didn't put Rob Reiner there to sell the show, they put him there because THAT'S THE KIND OF PERSON WHO HOSTS SNL-TYPE SHOWS! What do you want, a depiction of an SNL-type show where they get John Smith to host one week and Sarah Jones to host the next? Celebreties host that kind of show. All it is is a depiction of reality, not a ratings ploy.

You missed my point.

As a depiction of reality...someone like Rob Reiner hosting this type of show which is supposedly a big hit is a joke. Rob Reiner has a Q Score of about zero. SNL is hosted by timely stars not by has beens. I didn't think that they brought in Rob Reiner in to sell the show. Think about it. If they're already putting out casting requests and all they can get is a Rob Reiner? Ouch.

---

By the way, here are the Nielsen overnight (18-49) numbers for that time period

10:00pm

ABC The Bachelor: Rome (premiere) 3.7/9
CBS CSI: Miami 5.6/15
NBC Studio 60 3.4/9

And Studio 60 is the only show that declines in the second half hour. And Heros in the hour before it did a 5.5/13.

Tanking and painful...like Sarah Paulson trying to be funny. Grrr.

Last edited:
Westport said:
You missed my point.

As a depiction of reality...someone like Rob Reiner hosting this type of show which is supposedly a big hit is a joke. Rob Reiner has a Q Score of about zero. SNL is hosted by timely stars not by has beens. I didn't think that they brought in Rob Reiner in to sell the show. Think about it. If they're already putting out casting requests and all they can get is a Rob Reiner? Ouch.

In that case...judging from WW seasons 1-4 and what I've seen so far of this show, Sorkin thrives taking workplace situations and filling them with people who are probably more intellectual than their real-life counterparts....my point being - and this is just a hunch - they might have specifically gone after a an older, more intellectual celebrity like Reiner than a younger, here-and-now, two-digit IQ celebrity AKA Dame Cook, Lindsay Lohan, whatever.

Like I said....love Sorkin but this show was a self indulgent mistake.

And if it makes it to Season Two, I'll buy everyone that has posted in this thread so far a few drinks.

Westport said:
Like I said....love Sorkin but this show was a self indulgent mistake.

And if it makes it to Season Two, I'll buy everyone that has posted in this thread so far a few drinks.

I started the thread so I get more than the other people...right? right?????

C'mon Season 2!!:drool:

Yes. Yes. Yes. Absolutely!! Until you're passed out on the floor (as long as you're a legal drinking age). And I'll throw in some amazing food...

I just watched last night's episode, and really enjoyed it!

I think the snippets of sketches from the show-within-a-show are pretty lame, but I'm enjoying everything else.

Carek1230 said:
I tried to watch this show last night but just couldn't keep focus. I will try again, not quite sure what the problem was.

Probably the annoying Amanda Peet. :wink:

Irvine511 said:
i remain committed to "Weeds" at this time slot, unfortunately.

:up:Same here. I loved the first episode of Studio 60 but then I missed a couple and when we tried to watch it last night I couldn't get into it.

I'm really liking this show so far. It's relatively amusing, and I like seeing what goes on behind the scenes of a show.

I saw commercials for 30 Rock, and IMO that one looks pretty boring. I may give it a chance, but for right now I'm sticking Studio 60.

It bores me.

I thought it was just me and that I was too tired to pay attention or something but maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom