Stuck In A Moment Was Played....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cypress said:
:|

Sorry, but that song just sucks live - it slows down the concert to a screeching halt and kills any momentum. In fact, when i play the Elevation Boston DVD, i skip it altogether every time. Playing it in an encore just makes matters worse.

I hope they bring back "New York" when they are in NYC.

while i agree that this song isn't the greatest, the acoustic version from last night's boston show was truely amazing. the way that bono & edge interacted through the song at the tip of the ellipse was awesome, as was the 'hug' at the end of it (yeah, i'm a sap...). i don't think we need to see it every night, but this once it was very nice.

Yeah, they did this to mix things up coz they been there already. Bring back the rocking tunes from achtung and leave this encore in Boston.

:drool:

I liked that Stcuk got into the show. I love that song, and I can't wait to listen to this acoustic version. I prefer the rocking Zoo TV encore (plus The Fly is my favorite song) but it's all good with me if they're replacing that part of the show with something new. :up:

an interesting note.....

I saw a photo of the setlist for Tuesday and the intended encore was

First time
Stuck
WOWY
All because of you
Original
Bad

I think that they just went to 40 after ABOY because of the stupid 11pm curfew that Boston has.

Swan269 said:
an interesting note.....

I saw a photo of the setlist for Tuesday and the intended encore was

First time
Stuck
WOWY
All because of you
Original
Bad

I think that they just went to 40 after ABOY because of the stupid 11pm curfew that Boston has.

They were already well past the 11pm curfew. The show didn't end until 11:15.

Stupid Stuck!!! I'm still trying to get that vile taste out of my mouth. worst. song. ever.

randhail said:

They were already well past the 11pm curfew. The show didn't end until 11:15.

Stupid Stuck!!! I'm still trying to get that vile taste out of my mouth. worst. song. ever.

Well others have said that Bono talks too much.....but I dunno...maybe they only have 15 minutes of pad time....my friend who was there said ABOY ended at 11:10pm so you couldn't fit two more songs in five minutes...the solution though is start playing earlier...you don't need to wait until the sun goes down for the lights to work.

:down:
i'm glad the people ther enjoyed it. i don't really care what they play at the shows i'm not there for.
my personal opinion is that stuck is the worst song u2 has done in the last 15 years, and so any version, any way, anwhere is never good for me. as long as its a rarity and doesn't show up in atlanta or charlotte in all its god awful cheesiness i'm good with them playing it everywhere else.

i prefer full band rehearsed versions of better songs (zoo station, the fly, bad, etc) , that have been played a lot this tour than a new acoustic version of a song new to the tour, especially when its stuck in a moment (with the exception of the first time). I woulb be really disappointed to miss the zootv part of the set for something like the version of walk on they did a couple of weeks ago or an acoustic stuck in a moment.

If your going to pull out an acoustic song- bring back the version of please they did at the end of elevation.

Back
Top Bottom