Streets video--from Morpheus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Hey guys...

Just downloaded the streets video from Morpheus (aka Kazaa)...it starts off a documentary...I don't remember the actual documentary being part of the real video. ADn some of the footage looks a little different. Is this the 'actual' streets video, or am I missing something? Is this just some documentary filmed?

I've got a bet with my friend as to how long it'll take to answer the question...don't let me down guys....

------------------
*It's not why you're running, it's where you're going/It's not what you're dreaming, but what you're gonna do/It's not where you're born, it's where you belong/It's not how weak, but what will make you strong*

In the "Streets" vid that isn't usually shown, there is more footage of just the chaos in the city caused by U2 before the song actually really kicks in.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

what is the name of the video file, so i can try and find it off morpheus.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

The_Sweetest_Thing? Hellooooooo???
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Hey guys...

Just downloaded the streets video from Morpheus (aka Kazaa)...it starts off a documentary...I don't remember the actual documentary being part of the real video. ADn some of the footage looks a little different. Is this the 'actual' streets video, or am I missing something? Is this just some documentary filmed?

I've got a bet with my friend as to how long it'll take to answer the question...don't let me down guys....

The documentary version was used on The Best Of 1980 - 1990 video. Where it was used before that is unknown to me.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Why would the file be called "The_Sweetest_Thing? Hellooooooo???" when we are discussing the video for "Streets..."?

Strange... no wonder people can't find anything on kazaa...
wink.gif

I was talkin' to the person, silly!!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

sweetest thing, i have the same version of streets off of morpheus. it took me extra long to download (i suffer from 56K modem syndrom) but it was worth it!

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by Mr_Phes:

The documentary version was used on The Best Of 1980 - 1990 video. Where it was used before that is unknown to me.

i believe they are the same video just with different time edits. the one that most often gets played is much shorter, ie just the performance. i have seen muchmusic play the longer one, opening with rick dees doing the radio show, spreading the rumor, showing the band being warned by the cops and the cops pulling the plug. either way a really good video.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
The_Sweetest_Thing? Hellooooooo???
smile.gif

Yes??

And madonna's child I too suffer from 56k modem syndrome *sigh* I came to university hoping to get away from it (the university is hooked up to T3 system)...then they 'fixed' it so all transfer run no faster than 1.00kb/s (my modem is faster!!! Blarg!) It took me 3 days to download the video!

And david the video is called Where the streets have no name...what else?

hehe yeah i downloaded it, i only asked the name cos sometimes i like to be specific when searching for files.

the video runs 7:23 and it's kind of interesting.

it's funny how the cop gets all pissed and berates the director.

i wonder what other rare U2 videos i can find on morpheus.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

sweetest thing, i burn my videos onto cds when i have about 5-6 of them on my hard drive. then, you just pop in the cd and open up the files to watch them. it saves space.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Just bumping this up cause I'm interested in finding out what Bonochick wanted (see above)

I was wonderin' where you were cuz david had asked ya a question, but you already answered it. *lol*
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I was wonderin' where you were cuz david had asked ya a question, but you already answered it. *lol*
smile.gif

*lol* By the time David had asked, I was sound asleep in bed...

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-20-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom