Story behind your screen name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsPurrl said:
Thanks to all for the kind words. People who have had close attachments to their pets can always empathise. We subsequently got another kitty, a two-ish-year-old calico girl from the Humane Society. (There was such a void in our home after Miss Purrl left.) Callie, "Mom", and "Dad" all doing fine. :heart:

...I know exactly how you feel, MsPurrl. :hug: I ache for my dog who died over 5 years ago. I still dream about him and miss him. He was my best friend. In fact it was his dying that got me into U2 in the first place. I lost myself in ATYCLB and that was it.

Regarding the original thread:

My kids were always doing stuff that they shouldn't, hence: You've done what??!! :lol:

My nickname is my screenname on AIM. I'm very original. :wink:

MsPurrl I'm so sorry about your pet. :( :hug: I lost 2 of my 4 dogs last year in a span of 10 months to cancer. One of them I lost the day after I saw U2, so it was a day of conflicting emotions for me. They become part of your family. Even though I recently got 2 other dogs, it still hurts.

daygloeyes2 said:
My nickname is my screenname on AIM. I'm very original. :wink:

MsPurrl I'm so sorry about your pet. :( :hug: I lost 2 of my 4 dogs last year in a span of 10 months to cancer. One of them I lost the day after I saw U2, so it was a day of conflicting emotions for me. They become part of your family. Even though I recently got 2 other dogs, it still hurts.

Pet owners understand the bond; some others don't. Yes, it still hurts. MrPurrl said he didn't want to get another cat "because it would just leave us, too"--but he changed his mind when he saw Callie. :wink:

Sorry to get so off-topic!

Awww....I'm not a cat person, but I understand how it feels to lose a pet. :sad: So sorry!

back to topic:

A long time ago (high school) I was at the bookstore reading a book on U2 and read how Edge's first wife was named Aislinn. I thought the name was beautiful, and it's stuck with me. While I've gone by other usernames on other sites (bonophile and rhiannon), Aislinn is my original internet username. The name means "dream" or "vision," and that fits me perfectly, because I am a dreamer. :wink:

Nothing too fantastically exciting for me.....10 yrs ago my best friend went and did her OE for a couple of years. I was the only one who really kept in touch with her. She used to joke that i was her 'Superglued Friend', then it evolved into the simple 'Gluey'. It's kinda stuck ever since!!

Merc - it's short for Mercury... :D

Was a very VERY big Queen fan in my early teens before I discovered U2 - biggest Freddie fan north of the Alps! :wink: :giggle:

Had the name "Mercury" in other forums, but everyone always shortned it to Merc, so when I joined here I thought that I could just as well start out as Merc... :)

yeter means ENOUGH in Turkish. I had just moved back to the States when I joined Interference and I had had ENOUGH of everything... I'm feeling better now, though! :)

Mine self explanitry not worthy of the man the edge
He plays great guitar wish i could
He got lovely voice which i aint
He just a walking dream boat which again i aint

My real name is Scarlett and I used to always paint my nails red. "The girl with crimson nails has Jesus round her neck" is my favourite line from Vertigo and I always wear a crucifix around my neck. As you can tell, red is my favourite colour and I've been nicknamed Crimson for a long time.
Phew, hope that all makes sense.

MsPurrl said:
Thanks to all for the kind words. People who have had close attachments to their pets can always empathise. We subsequently got another kitty, a two-ish-year-old calico girl from the Humane Society. (There was such a void in our home after Miss Purrl left.) Callie, "Mom", and "Dad" all doing fine. :heart:

i am sure miss purrl wlll always be missed

i had the most lovely cali named maude, but she was killed when she was 2, about 8 years ago...
so i know how you feel... i still cry over maudey bawdy sometimes

greeneyedgirl said:
:shifty: I have big green eyes.

(except, one turns blue in the sun light :wink: )

i have green eyes too but one is much lighter than the other, more yellow specks i suppose...
but they are bright dark green and i used to get teased about it in school
green eyes and dark red hair... sigh... boy did i get teased

The story behind my name is this
i was born on bloomsday, the date that ulysses takes place on... it is the first day the main character in the book meets his wife, molly. it was also they day james joyce met his wife, nora

it was a big deal when i was little, my gran would take us into dublin and she would lead one of the bloomsday walks/parades pushing me in a pram...
they follow the route that the book follows...

hmm long explanation there, innit ?

aislinn said:
Awww....I'm not a cat person, but I understand how it feels to lose a pet. :sad: So sorry!

back to topic:

A long time ago (high school) I was at the bookstore reading a book on U2 and read how Edge's first wife was named Aislinn. I thought the name was beautiful, and it's stuck with me. While I've gone by other usernames on other sites (bonophile and rhiannon), Aislinn is my original internet username. The name means "dream" or "vision," and that fits me perfectly, because I am a dreamer. :wink:

So I always wondered how you pronouce Aislinn....just the way its spelled??

Molly Bloom said:
The story behind my name is this
i was born on bloomsday, the date that ulysses takes place on... it is the first day the main character in the book meets his wife, molly. it was also they day james joyce met his wife, nora

it was a big deal when i was little, my gran would take us into dublin and she would lead one of the bloomsday walks/parades pushing me in a pram...
they follow the route that the book follows...

hmm long explanation there, innit ?

Cool!:up:

I was trying other names first, but they were all taken. Plus I'm not very original at coming up with names anyways....... So I was trying to think of things related to the band, and then I thought "thank you!" that's the one thing I'd always want to say to them, especially Bono, "thank you for everything!" I typed it in, thinking it was probably already taken, but it wasn't. So there you have it.

thankyou said:
....... So I was trying to think of things related to the band, and then I thought "thank you!" that's the one thing I'd always want to say to them, especially Bono, "thank you for everything!"

That's so cool...because "Thank you for everything" was all I was able to say to Bono in Copenhagen last summer! And his reply was "No, thank YOU" :love:

I like your screen name! :yes:

thankyou said:
I was trying other names first, but they were all taken. Plus I'm not very original at coming up with names anyways....... So I was trying to think of things related to the band, and then I thought "thank you!" that's the one thing I'd always want to say to them, especially Bono, "thank you for everything!" I typed it in, thinking it was probably already taken, but it wasn't. So there you have it.

Great name and wonderful meaning behind it :)

>_< gary oldman was doing a role in the harry potter movie as sirius black. came across with this site named siriuslygary, then i just cut of gary and put my first name daphne. and i use this in logging in for everything so i wont forget >_<

:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom