Stones stage compared to Vertigo Stage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
What do you think?

20050818e.jpg

Imagine having to take apart and put together that thing every show...

I'm sure it's off the hook when it's lit up, but it just seems like a big knot of a setup.

Even ZooTV seemed a simpler design...

yeah it seems like a big clusterfuck just sitting there like that

but id have to imagine when its going full force it could be pretty cool. if those gray extension things were actually video walls now that would be sweet

It look's like an apartment building were the enginerr went for an extended lunch break with the managing director of guinness

what are the bets one of them will drop dead of a heart attack on stage during the tour?

Tasteless I know, but so are some of their lyrics to be honest. :wink:

Dont say it look's good,where the fuck is the stage,it look's ridiculous,especially when the lead singer could swallow a whale

I really don't like that stage. It looks like a mishmash of things slapped together for no real purpose. At least the Eurigo stage looked good. This just looks like a stage made big for the sake of making a big stage.

Can you pull your merc up and relax up top deck while anna nicole gives you relaxing massage,like she gave the hubby

bono_man2002 said:
Why not just rent out a multi deck car park?....Stick some speakers on the sides and there you go.

:lmao:

That is so the best commentary I have read about this stage.

that's only their stadium set-up. What will the set up be for smaller venues, like the Hollywood Bowl, which probably seats about 20,000 (not a great place especially if you are in the back)

Soldatti said:
Another pic of the stage:

792393_stones5.jpg

That mouth and tongue is easily one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. And it looks even more like a car park than it did in the last picture!

that stage has gay written all over it

dont get me wrong, i dont mind the stones... but fuck thats a shit stage lol

and i agree, zoo tv seems simpiler then that monstrosity!

Ugh, it's hideous! And I'm so not thrilled thinking about my shitty side-rear seats at MSG. I'm not going to see anything w/ this monstrosity...though, I'm wondering if the arenas will have a different setup, because apparetnly people are going to be sitting in the carpark, and they only sold those/had entries to win spots for the stadium shows.

It really does look horrible and the psychodelic tongue does nothing for it.

I guess if those slats are screens it might look cool when in use. The road crew must despise this stage.

Those guys need to get themselves together. That's the ugliest stage ever.

The thing I don't understand is why didn't they set up the stage against the Green Monster?? Did they sell those seats that are directly behind the stage (especially noticable in Lila's pic)? God, even those would appear to be worse that what I've got for MSG (if it's the same setup). I don't see how they can park (har har) people right behind that clunky wall, but it'd seem an awful waste of seats to leave them empty. I just don't know. Looks like a big ol' mess to me!

Do those 'wings' on the side move up and down?

Look at the first pic I posted compared to the pic Lila posted.

Looks like the whole thing might move around...

20050818e.jpg

792393_stones5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom