stay vs. love is blindness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:
This isn't even a contest.

You got that part right.

Stay, I mean, it has great lyrics, but, the music is blah.

Love is Blindness (live) has some of The Edge's best guitar work ever. That live solo is definitely one of his type 5.

Not to mention great lyrics, some creative drumming that could not have worked better with the solo.

phillyfan26 said:

You got that part right.

Stay, I mean, it has great lyrics, but, the music is blah.

Love is Blindness (live) has some of The Edge's best guitar work ever. That live solo is definitely one of his type 5.

If a U2 song's greatness is hinged on the quality of Edge's guitar work, it already has the short end of the stick. :wink: Besides, I could play the solo on the album version (which I thought was what we were talking about) with my face and it would sound better. It's atrocious. The lyrics are meaningful, but too simplistic and repetitive. Stay is, lyrically, the best song Bono has ever written (besides So Cruel).

And if we're talking about the melodies, play both on an acoustic guitar. Stay easily wins that competition too.

Stay for me.

I hate the intro to LIB, and what follows is a little too melodramatic for my taste.

bono says stay is u2s best work.

edge says love is blindness is his best work.

musically edge is 90% of u2.

so this comparison makes sense.

and i'm gonna have to say that while bono talks shit as usual, edge is the one with the facts.

RademR said it perfectly. Stay is better on the album. LIB is better live.

But LIB (album) > Stay (live)

:hmm:

U2Man said:
bono says stay is u2s best work.

edge says love is blindness is his best work.

musically edge is 90% of u2.

This sounds like the beginning of one of those scary math problems from high school :uhoh:

Zootlesque said:

But LIB (album) > Stay (live)

:hmm:

um yeah, definitely. stay live is an atrocity.

listen to the version on the zoo sydney dvd. way to make a song go completely dead. easily the worst moment on that dvd.

edit: and compare that to the (almost) closing track, love is blindness :drool:

Definitely Stay, it's tied for my favorite U2 song...is it weird that I like it live? I mean LIB is amazing live, but I also love Stay live...

U2Man said:
edit: and compare that to the (almost) closing track, love is blindness :drool:

Yeah I agree but Stay on the Zooropa CD is one of the greatest U2 songs ever. Easily Top 5 for me, sometimes Top 3.

Zootlesque said:

Easily Top 5 for me, sometimes Top 3.

Top three for me. :D

1. Zooropa
2. Mysterious Ways
3. Stay

And for lyrics only:

1. So Cruel
2. Stay
3. Red Hill Mining Town
4. Bad
5. Zooropa (Let's go, let's go overground...take your head out of the mud baby...:drool: )

something about that electric guitar/kinda computer sound (if thats the right way to describe it)whaling, in the background of the chorus in stay...almost sounds like a synthesizer :drool:

someone please tell me they know what i'm talking about....the part u don't hear in the live versions :(

Stay all the way. I love Love is blindness but it's not one of my top 5 songs from Achtung Baby.
Stay is almost perfect.

isn't it weird that the best song on the stay single and the one track that makes the entire stay single worth buying, isn't stay, but love is blindness?

Back
Top Bottom