Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At Carnegie Hall, Bruce Springsteen and Jerry Seinfeld performed last night for 'Autism Speaks'. Springsteen was onstage for about 20 minutes and sang 4 songs with his acoustic guitar.

No Surrender
If I Should Fall Behind
Working On The Highway
Thunder Road

YouTube - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN SOLO --- IF I FALL BEHIND -- at the CARNEGIE DELI

What an incredible guy! A true Rock N Roll hero/idol :cute:
His singing sounds incredible in the above video and as always fantastic harmonica playing! is there anything the man can't do!?!?!,

I'll believe it when I see it.

Landau more or less gave the same tease to Billboard earlier this year, and yet nothing happened.

So I'll take it with a grain of salt. If anything, I bet they release a DVD from this tour first, thereby most likely delaying the box until next holiday season.

And there's a rumor that they got lazy and are just going with the Phoenix show, which would absolutely suck. Not that the show is that bad, but it's nowhere near as good as the ones that they did later in the tour.

debbie%20downer%202.jpg

:wink:

so Bruce was pretty awesome last night in Balty.

the three Bruce shows i've seen clocked in at 2:45, 2:20, and 2:40, respectively.

last night's was easily 3:20. he came on at 8:20 and played until 11:40. honestly, it was almost too much. i wish Shuttlecock would give us another 30 minutes, but 3:20 is like ... damn. after American Land (which i adore), he then did "Dancing in the Dark," and then did "Rosalita," and then he did "Glory Days." so that was all pretty awesome.

but the highlight was that he did the entirety of Born To Run. now, i find "Night" a waste of time, and i'm not nearly as big a fan of "She's the One" as others (Martha) are, but the rest of it got me as orgasmic as i've ever been at any show in my life. especially "Backstreets," my favorite Bruce song, and the segue into BTR is, like, the best transition EVER.

and the Baltimore arena was tiny and unloved and straight out of 1971, much like Baltimore itself, which made it even better. there couldn't have been more than 10,000 people in there.

fuck yeah, is all i can say.

so Bruce was pretty awesome last night in Balty.

the three Bruce shows i've seen clocked in at 2:45, 2:20, and 2:40, respectively.

last night's was easily 3:20. he came on at 8:20 and played until 11:40. honestly, it was almost too much. i wish Shuttlecock would give us another 30 minutes, but 3:20 is like ... damn. after American Land (which i adore), he then did "Dancing in the Dark," and then did "Rosalita," and then he did "Glory Days." so that was all pretty awesome.

but the highlight was that he did the entirety of Born To Run. now, i find "Night" a waste of time, and i'm not nearly as big a fan of "She's the One" as others (Martha) are, but the rest of it got me as orgasmic as i've ever been at any show in my life. especially "Backstreets," my favorite Bruce song, and the segue into BTR is, like, the best transition EVER.

and the Baltimore arena was tiny and unloved and straight out of 1971, much like Baltimore itself, which made it even better. there couldn't have been more than 10,000 people in there.

fuck yeah, is all i can say.

yeah, i actually sat down for Night (probably the only time i did the whole show), i feel the same. but for the rest, fuckyeah indeed! that arena is great, only because it's so small and forgotten, it gives the show an intimate feel. i've seen some pretty fab shows there.

yeah, i actually sat down for Night (probably the only time i did the whole show), i feel the same. but for the rest, fuckyeah indeed! that arena is great, only because it's so small and forgotten, it gives the show an intimate feel. i've seen some pretty fab shows there.

wait, you were there? why didn't i know this?

Um, tonights setlist :combust:

1. Wrecking Ball
2. The Ties That Bind
3. Hungry Heart
4. Working On A Dream
5. Blinded By The Light
6. Growin' Up (WITH STORY!!!!!!!)
7. MARY QUEEN OF ARKANSAS
8. Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
9. Lost in the Flood
10. THE ANGEL
11. For You
12. Spirit in the Night
13. It's Hard to be a Saint in the City
14. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
15. The Promised Land
16. RESTLESS NIGHTS (for Steve's birthday)
17. Surprise, Surprise (for Steve's birthday--cake and candles)
collecting signs to Green Onions
18. MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY
19. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
20. I DON'T WANNA HANG UP MY ROCK AND ROLL SHOES
21. Boom Boom
22. My Love Will Not Let You Down

So far

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
22 Nov 2009, HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY

Wrecking Ball
The Ties that Bind
Hungry Heart
Working on a Dream
Blinded by the Light
Growing Up
Mary Queen of Arkansas
Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
Lost in the Flood
The Angel
For You
Spirit in the Night
It's Hard to be a Saint in the City
Waiting on a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Restless Nights
Surprise, Surprise
Green Onions
Merry Christmas Baby
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
(I Don't Want To) Hang Up My Rock 'n Roll Shoes
Boom Boom
My Love Will Not Let You Down
Long Walk Home
The Rising
Born to Run
Tenth Ave Freeze-out

I'll Work for Your Love
Thunder Road
American Land
Dancing in the Dark
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Higher and Higher
Rocking All Over the World
:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Wow, I sure did, Shari. I kept scream "OMG NO WAY!" for most of the set (yes, I actually say "o-m-g".) I can not friggin believe I heard Flood live!!!!!!

He brought up a little girl to join him in singing Waiting on a Sunny Day.
A little boy had a sign asking to dance with Stevie, and he was brought up, too. He got to dance with Steve and do some mad air guitar with Bruce.

I think the only time I sat down was during Mary. I just really don't like that one. I suppose it wasn't horrible live, I just wasn't feeling it. That's okay, though, because the rest of the album makes up for it.

LOTS of people had signs for the requests segment. He even gave a shout out to this pair of people whom he referred to as his stalkers, whom he said always pick obscure songs. They had a sign for RnR Shoes, and it took awhile for Bruce to remember. Eventually he said they should've brought the lyrics with them. "I don't know the fuckin' words. I'm not a fuckin' mind reader!" :lol:

He also got our state right :wink:

We sang happy birthday to Stevie, and they played Restless Nights, a song they've never played live before.

Someone had a lovely banner that read "It's just rock and roll, but it feels like love", and he hung it over the stage towards the end.

I thought the show was over after Higher and Higher, and Bruce said "we ain't done yet!" or something to that effect, and they ended it with Rocking All Over The World.

The night has been restless for me. It's hard to descend from a journey like that. What a colossal end to the tour.

Does anyone have a link to where I can find the shows where The River and Wild, Innocent, etc. were played in full?

One that doesn't require an account?

rollingstone.com

This Sunday, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band will wrap up their two-year tour by performing their 1973 debut album Greetings From Asbury Park in its entirety (stick with Rolling Stone for a full report). After that, Springsteen’s next moves are unclear. His manager, Jon Landau, says the only plans for 2010 are the release of the long-delayed Darkness on the Edge of Town box set and a DVD of the Working on a Dream tour. “The Darkness box set is 93 percent done,” he tells RS. “It’s absolutely fantastic and there are just some finishing touches that we need to turn our attention to and finalize and we’ll get it out there.” As for the Dream DVD, Landau says, “We’re working on some different approaches to a DVD for this tour. We’ll release it sometime fairly soon, post-Christmas.” Grab the next issue of RS, out November 25th, to read E Street’s reflections on their magical two years on the road.

The Darkness box will likely contain a remastered edition of the disc, a new documentary about the making of the LP, as well as live footage from the 1978 tour. A handful of pro-shot shows circulate through the fan community, but there’s no word on which concert will be brought out of the vaults for the set. In 2005, fans were stunned when a previously unknown complete performance from London in 1975 appeared on the Born to Run box set. The Darkness on the Edge of Town tour is widely regarded as the high water mark of Springsteen’s live career.

There are no plans for another E Street Band album or tour next year. “We just had back-to-back tours and back-to-back records,” Landau says. “That’s never happened before, so we’re going to have substantial downtime at this point. The E Street Band does have an illustrious future, but I don’t have anything more specific to tell you about next year except those two media projects that are on the horizon.”

What am amazingly productive decade it has been for Bruce. Totally stunning, the number of projects and tours he's done this decade. Not bad for an old bloke. I just wish he'd come back to Australia. I fear I'll never get to see him live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom