Springsteen Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
I noticed he debuted Because The Night this past week.
yep! and you know, that was the reason why I went to cologne although I had no ticket! It was like TODAY is the right time to go b/c the setlist became just :bow:

phanan said:

Awesome. The setlists for the European shows looks fantastic, with Santa Claus having been added to the encores, and a few other gems popping up. I noticed he debuted Because The Night this past week.

Yes, great setlist, loved all the stuff from Magic. In the end, they were doing Santa Claus, Wolfgang Niedecken from German rock group BAP joined Bruce on stage, they were wearing Santa hats. And yes, Because the Night was awsome!!!!

^I didn't noticed that Niedecken joined them on stage...:hmm: Ok I knew it before that he'll come on stage but after the gig, I was wondering if he really was there...:giggle:
I was 'sitting' in 716. Where have you been sitting unicorn?

618, I had a great view. I'm planning on going to the Hamburg concert last year. Of course he doesn't come to Austria. It's because we have the football European Championship in 2008.

Here's the setlist:

Radio Nowhere
The Ties That Bind
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Because The Night
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The River
I'll Work For Your Love
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
-----------------
Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Kitty's Back
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town

With 2,5 hours, it was one of the longest shows of the tour.

And yes, Niedecken was on stage, but he was quite reserved. He was standing on the side of the stage for the whole encore and to be honest, I cannot remember hearing him sing in the end, but he was definitely there.

Last edited:
JBHi FI had Essential Bruce Springsteen for $10 bucks, but it was 3cds, which is too much Springsteen for me. So I checked out his best of, but it doenn't have Blinded by the Light.

Disappointing.

COBL_04 said:
JBHi FI had Essential Bruce Springsteen for $10 bucks, but it was 3cds, which is too much Springsteen for me. So I checked out his best of, but it doenn't have Blinded by the Light.

Disappointing.

:shocked: 3 Discs is not nearly too much Springsteen :wink:

JB might have just his single disc Greatest hits on sale from time to time, Not sure if it has Blinded By the light....but still....its 1 disc :wink:

I feel like I have a lot of homework to do before I see him in March. I've been a casual fan for quite awhile, but I still need to dig into his back catalogue more. I hope Santa brings me the copy of Magic I asked for :wink:

COBL_04 said:
JBHi FI had Essential Bruce Springsteen for $10 bucks, but it was 3cds, which is too much Springsteen for me. So I checked out his best of, but it doesn't have Blinded by the Light.

Disappointing.

Sorry, but you're crazy. $10 for that set is a steal - single discs usually cost more than that. If you are looking for a nice collection of Springsteen's best stuff, this is the one to get, as the Greatest Hits sucks.

Buy it. Take it from a fellow Floyd fan. Trust me.

I'm listening to The Essential Bruce Springsteen now ... and it feels great!

I still need to get The River - that's the only one I don't have that feels like a "must have" for me.

I have:

The Wild, The Innocent, etc etc etc
Darkness On the Edge of Town
Born to Run
Nebraska
that 3-disc live compilation that's absolutely fan-fucking-tastic
Tunnel of Love
Human Touch (or its companion ... whichever one has Lucky Town on it)
The Ghost of Tom Joad
The Rising
Devils & Dust
the Seeger Sessions album
Magic
The Essential BS (which I got before I started picking up a lot of those individual albums)

My :heart: for Bruce grows and grows.

corianderstem said:

The Essential BS

:giggle:

I have a very small fraction of your list, but I think I'll be using some Christmas money to dig into Mr. BS's :)giggle: ) back catalog. I think I'll start with that live set, since I trust your taste.

Does he even play anything from those albums?

I don't think they're that bad, actually.

That was the only time I've seen Bruce--for that tour, so I've never seen the E-Street band itself.
:(

corianderstem said:
I'm listening to The Essential Bruce Springsteen now ... and it feels great!

I still need to get The River - that's the only one I don't have that feels like a "must have" for me.

I have:

The Wild, The Innocent, etc etc etc
Darkness On the Edge of Town
Born to Run
Nebraska
that 3-disc live compilation that's absolutely fan-fucking-tastic
Tunnel of Love
Human Touch (or its companion ... whichever one has Lucky Town on it)
The Ghost of Tom Joad
The Rising
Devils & Dust
the Seeger Sessions album
Magic
The Essential BS (which I got before I started picking up a lot of those individual albums)

My :heart: for Bruce grows and grows.

You definitely need The River. One of my faves. :up:

And while a lot of people don't seem to like it, there's no denying how important Born In The U.S.A. is. I personally love the album.

Looks like you're missing Greetings as well. You need to get that just for "Lost In The Flood."

Ok, I'm done now. :D

lazarus said:
Does he even play anything from those albums?

I don't think they're that bad, actually.

That was the only time I've seen Bruce--for that tour, so I've never seen the E-Street band itself.
:(

On the reunion and Rising tours, he would play a song from them every now and then, and on the solo acoustic tour for Devils & Dust, Lucky Town was a semi-standard staple.

I have a one disc compilation of the Human Touch/Lucky Town albums, and it's fantastic, if I do say so myself. If he had edited the best stuff onto a single disc, it would have been so much better.

phanan said:
And while a lot of people don't seem to like it, there's no denying how important Born In The U.S.A. is. I personally love the album.

Looks like you're missing Greetings as well. You need to get that just for "Lost In The Flood."

I'll eventually pick up Born in the USA - it seems weird though, because there are only a couple of songs on it that I don't have either on the Essential disc or the live compilation.

I bought Darkness on the Edge of Town recently, and when it arrived I looked at the tracklisting and was all "WTF, I already have most of these songs!"

Heh.

I have all his studio records, the live set thingie, hamemrmsith cd/dvd, tracks, & essential

I'm very happy with my vinyl collection
since I have live set, all studio records and the live one except Ghost of Tom Joad, Lucky Town, Human Touch

I really would like Ghost of TJ on vinyl since its one of my favorites, but I haven't been lucky

Does anyone have an MP3 of Bruce singing "My City of Ruins" from that Tribute to Heroes concert that they'd be willing to email me or upload for me?

It's one of the few songs I lost for good when I f'ed up my iPod.

martha said:

If I knew how, I would.

I personally like mega upload.com for this sort of stuff. So, if you go to that site, and at the top it says "Choose file." Click that and navigate to the song on your computer. If you use iTunes, it'd be under Music->iTunes->iTunes Music->Bruce Springsteen (I'd assume, and that would be the correct file structure as long as you didn't change it around on your Mac :wink: ) Then, at the bottom, you have to put in a file description, it can be anything. Click the "I accept the terms" and hit Send.

You'll have to wait for it to upload. For one song, it shouldn't be too long. Just make sure not to refresh the page while it's uploading. When it's done, you'll get a page with the download link. Post that here, and you're good to go. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom