Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBrazilianFly said:
I'll listen to it now and I'll buy it later. That I'm sure. He's one of the few artists that I'll do that nowdays. Album prices here is very high. I like him that much. Now, where can I get this leaked version of Magic? Can anyone send me a link privately? :)

Just search the torrent sites and you'll find it.

Or go over to atease. There's a thread there.

I was going to download, but I heard the sound quality sucks, so I'm going to wait until a better leak arrives.

the leak's a little low in volume so you just have to turn the volume up and don't forget to turn it back down again before you listen to something else... other than that it's just fine, if CD quality is 100% and iTunes mp3 is, oh, 90-95%, the leak's in the mid 80s (the pearl jam leak, to compare again, i'd put in the 30s)

i like the second half of the album more than the first half, not that the first half was bad by any stretch but the run of Magic - Last to Die - Long Walk Home - Devil's Arcade and especially Terry's Song is :drool:

your own worst enemy is my least favorite on the album... Radio Nowhere is probably the 4th or 5th best track on the album, imo of course.

not perfect, but very very good.

I had actually read others saying that the second half is much stronger, specifically the songs you mention.

Terry's Song is the bonus track - cool that it was added.

Can't wait to listen.

I'm listening right now -- so exciting! I like the music a lot on first listen, but have no idea yet how I'll compare it to The Rising or other works. I'll need time to let it sink in.

I agree with Headache about the recording -- it's decent, but you have to turn it up a bit.

Devil's Arcade might be my favorite so far -- haunting, heartfelt, beautiful melody.

Overall impressions of the album are that it's very well written, very high-quality Bruce. I'm really looking forward to getting to know these songs.

wow, that was the easiest experience I've ever had getting a ticket via ticketmaster. Got in, got a GA for Hartford, and was out by 10:01. :up:

I haven't downloaded the leak, but I'm just dropping by to say that Radio Nowhere sounds like vintage Springsteen + vintage REM and is totally awesome. :up:

LemonMelon said:
I haven't downloaded the leak, but I'm just dropping by to say that Radio Nowhere sounds like vintage Springsteen + vintage REM and is totally awesome. :up:

:yes:

I can't figure out how to download the leak/torrent/torrent software. :sad: So I'm just going to read your comments and wait until October. :waiting:

originally posted by randhail
wow, that was the easiest experience I've ever had getting a ticket via ticketmaster. Got in, got a GA for Hartford, and was out by 10:01.

Get. Out. :ohmy:
:hopesforsimilarexperienceintwoweeks: :wink:

Really enjoying this album. It's more consistent then The Rising, which obviously tried more new things and had 2-3 more songs (depending on whether you count Terry's Song), but I'm still undecided if the peaks on the new album are higher, or if a pared-down Rising would clearly be better. It feels more like an E-Street Band album, for what it's worth.

I have to agree with Headache's assessment of Your Own Worst Enemy. It's not a horrible song, but it's the weakest in execution. It sounds like it was meant for some Christmas album, very over-produced, and it may have worked better later in the album. At track 4, it sticks out way too much. I'll also add that I'll Work For Your Love is about as generic a Bruce song as I could imagine, and while it isn't "bad", it does nothing for me.

Highlights so far:

Radio Nowhere
Livin' in the Future
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Magic
Last to Die
Long Walk Home

I have bandwidth upload restrictions on my server here at school, so torrents are extremely problematic. Would anybody send it to me? The best option is jasonccash (at) gmail.com

Don't like torrents? How about R a p i d s h a r e? You can Google this word and you might find something nifty ...

"zinhof"

:whistle:

I'm listening to it right now! :hyper: Just heard You Will Be Coming Down! And I loooooved it! Really good chorus and great sax all the wasy through it! I'm listening to Livin' In The Future now and his voice and delivery sounds so much like his earlier songs from the 70's. The song itself reminds me of The E Street Shuffle! So upbeat. I hope the rest is even better! God, I wish I could turn it up louder!! :drool:

Bruce is back!!!! :hyper: :rockon:

Just finished listening it! And I loved it! It's a beautiful album. I really like it! It's more E Street Band like than The Rising. It doesn't have the same amount of great melodies that that album had and it's not as guitar driven as it was said to be but it still very organic and alive. You really get the feeling that they are playing and recording this all together. Some songs sound like they are from The River or from the two first records. In the end it's great songwriting like always from Bruce. Can't say I like the production too much. At first listen (and with low volume) I gotta say sometimes the songs sound like demos (very much different to The Rising). It's only 42 minutes long so it ends fast, I can feel that some of those songs are going to be great live and probably longer. The album gets very dramatic and cinematic at times. It's really great. I would say that it sounds like it's a mix of The Rising with Devils And Dust! Overall it's a great album!

My favorite songs so far are: You Will Be Coming Down, Living In the Future, Long Walk Home, Magic, Radio Nowhere and Devil's Arcade. Now I'll be listening to it again! :D

I've listened to the album a couple of times now going to and from Connecticut this weekend. I couldn't hear everything well with others in the car, so I'm hoping with the earbuds on tomorrow at work, I'll take it all in better.

My first impression is good, but not great. It definitely harkens back to The River era. More specifically, quite a few songs sound very close to outtakes from The River (the majority of which you can hear on the Tracks box set now). Which to me means a little more tweaking of the album and it could have been an absolute masterpiece, as there are a couple of songs on first listen that I didn't care for (the same ones that Lazarus mentions).

That said, it's still a very good album with an excellent stretch at the end. I should have a better grasp of it after tomorrow, but overall, I am quite pleased.

I just realized this morning that I bought opera tickets for the same day as the alleged LA show. The opera starts at 2 pm, and Bruce probably won't start until 7:30. It's not Wagner, so I should be able to make both in the same day.

IF the LA show ever gets a home. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom