Songs that have grown on me recently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Like a Song..., All I Want Is You and Staring at the Sun.

Like a Song is one U2's heavier songs, and I love the drumming in it, in fact War is probably (out of the ones I have) Larry's best album. His solo at the end is great, and Bono's voice sounds so refined and it flows very well.

All I Want is You is just a beautiful song with nice, easy lyrics. Definitel the most romantic song, I just love this, especially Edge's guitar that kicks in after the chorus. It's a pity that there is about 2 minutes of really unneccesary noise at the end.

Staring at the Sun is a calm song with some really great lyrics. There have been so many interpretations on these forums I don't know who to be belive but my take on it is this -

To be the ones, staring at the sun
There is a group of people all doing the same thing (staring at the sun) just blindly doing what the others do.
Afraid of what you'd find if you took a look inside
Those people are afraid of what they would find if they took a look inside themselves and tried to figure out what they wanted to do. Afraid of what their own needs and hopes are.
I'm not just deaf and done, staring at the sun
This is a take from someone who isn't just deaf to the voices inside their head, they aren't just going to follow others and 'stare at the sun'. They listen to their own heart.
I'm not the only one, who'd rather go blind
This person isn't the only preson who would rather go blind then follow others. He would rather listen to his own heart and be blind then be able see, but follow others.

What do you guys make of that? I'm not saying that's the right interpretation, but I quite like it. The rest of the lyrics are lost on me though. :huh:

Sorry to drag on. If there are any songs that have grown on you lately, then have a say.

COBL_04 said:
All I Want is You is just a beautiful song with nice, easy lyrics. Definitel the most romantic song, I just love this, especially Edge's guitar that kicks in after the chorus. It's a pity that there is about 2 minutes of really unneccesary noise at the end.

One of U2's best for sure.

Oh, and what you call "unneccesary noise" I call "beautiful atmosphere," my friend. :wink:

COBL_04 said:

I've been listening to this song a lot lately and it's been growing on me too.

I fell in love with it all over again this past week cause I was falling asleep listening to this, and Edge's guitar at the end is just beautiful. :love:

COBL_04 said:

This song is also EPIC when performed live. The crowd gets right into it.

I've been listening to HMTMKMKM, MOFO and Discotheque alot. I always liked them but not untill now have they really grabbed me. Strange. I'd shit if the raduio played MOFO this weekend. Also I think those three would be an amazing encore for the live show. Imagine the first encore looking like this:

Mofo
Discotheque
HMTMKMKM

That would be a most definately rockin' encore.:rockon: :rockon:

COBL_04 said:

'All I want is you' is probably my favourite U2 song of all time. Don't know about it being a romantic song though. It seems to me to be a song about obsession, but like Stings 'every breath you take' it's confused for a love song. It is a truly sad song

Have to agree with XHendrix too, the outro is absolutely perfect! Not as great live though, what with the absence of the violins and all

:drool: All I want is You has always been one of my favorites.

I used to really like Staring at the Sun when Pop came out, but then it got so overplayed on radio and tv that I can't see the beauty in it anymore.... :|

Almost used All I Want Is You for our wedding, until we really listened to the lyrics----the song makes me (since I'm a guy, I'd be Bono :wink: ) sound awesome coz all I want is my girl, while she wants diamonds, rings, and all this crazy stuff. :wink:

Utoo said:
Almost used All I Want Is You for our wedding, until we really listened to the lyrics----the song makes me (since I'm a guy, I'd be Bono :wink: ) sound awesome coz all I want is my girl, while she wants diamonds, rings, and all this crazy stuff. :wink:

aint that the truth though, chicks :tsk:

Chizip said:

aint that the truth though, chicks :tsk:

:lmao:
A friend of mine almost got dumped by his girlfriend because he didn't pay for her subway token. And now they're engaged! :ohmy:

COBL_04 said:

It's a pity that there is about 2 minutes of really unneccesary noise at the end.

They're called violins. :wink:

Seriously, I think you will learn to appreciate them. The ending bored me when I was your age and then I learned to love them, especially as an album closer.

the ending is the perfect way to end an album, absolutely beautiful

Back
Top Bottom