Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with this, what are they waiting for?

Probably finishing SoE. And they rarely tour during the holiday months. They spend that with family.
Plus they're waiting until I can save up enough to see them. :reject:

My tour fund got sucked dry this summer due to having to take a landlord to court and ending up moving because he wouldn't make repairs and we were looking to move into a bigger place anyways. Still, moving costs money and court isnt cheap. :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

That performance was pretty flat. I was expecting that song to explode like a volcano! Instead it just sputtered some smoke and had a lot more melancholy than the album track does.

Imo it's a good chance we might get the troubles, sleep like a baby and raised by wolves on Friday (if not on the U.S promo tour).

But as far as the performances goes for the new songs we have to give them the chance to develop the sound and arrangements for these songs.

And another thing I think every breaking wave is going to be the next single and I think they are going to wait to perform the full band version than.

Imo it's a good chance we might get the troubles, sleep like a baby and raised by wolves on Friday (if not on the U.S promo tour).

I believe they just play the two songs from today over with a third added, which has already been reported as being California.

So as much as I'd love for you to be right... Yea, no.

I think we'll continue to get the safe promo tour, and that there's very litt chance The Troubles is ever released, let alone something that would really show gonads like Crystal Ballroom.

That performance was pretty flat. I was expecting that song to explode like a volcano! Instead it just sputtered some smoke and had a lot more melancholy than the album track does.

Gotta say I agree, but only for the chorus. Verses etc were great, but without a second guitar playing rhythm over Edge's lead, it lacked power and depth.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gotta say I agree, but only for the chorus. Verses etc were great, but without a second guitar playing rhythm over Edge's lead, it lacked power and depth.

Yeah,it needed a rhythm guitar. Just the harmonics from Edge wasn't enough.PS. California is the new EBTTRT.

Sent from my SM-N910F using U2 Interference mobile app

I believe they just play the two songs from today over with a third added, which has already been reported as being California.

Yes, the show just kept taping then for another half hour after the live broadcast ended. Full hour airs Friday. Jools' sign off at the end there will be edited to just 'and now, U2' and it will then just keep going. 2nd half hour will be 2-3 more songs, only one of which will be U2, plus a quick chat with a couple of the artists. Think he said U2 and Sam Smith.

I was just about to post the same thing. A rhythm guitar just hammering out the power chords would've filled in the sound a lot. Bono can't do it, especially when singing a song like volcano, which takes all his concentration.

BRING BACK DICK EVANS!!!

Decent performance of Volcano on BBC2 with Jools Holland, although the performance of that song sounds too much like Vertigo at the beginning.

On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised by their wonderful version of Every Breaking Wave -- a fantastic version really, much better than the album version which is just OK.

On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised by their wonderful version of Every Breaking Wave -- a fantastic version really, much better than the album version which is just OK.

I couldn't agree more.

I've listened SOI a great deal since its release and firmly believe that it's their best album since POP and most cohesive since AB. It doesn't challenge the latter or the Joshua Tree because it lacks the killer individual tracks contained on the 'big 2'.

One of my main disappointments however relates to EBW. I find the album version just doesn't fulfil the potential of the song. It's too sugary. The raw, acoustic variation points to the song's power much more.

My other main gripe is the absence of TCB, which I'm finding increasingly bizarre.

I thought Volcano was really good for a first attempt but then again I am a big fan of the song anyway. It will only get better with some tweaks.

I've put you on ignore but let me know if there's anything I say that annoys you..

I put myself on ignore a long long time ago and clearly have no fucking idea what im talking about since i can't view my own posts. "Damn dingle-berries", said the senator in the bathroom stall, as i tapped my foot in the stall next to his.

:uhoh::blahblah:

It's going to be much better on tour, that's for sure.

I tend to agree with you, I think it is going to be powereful(I'm hopeful at least).

With that said, I like Volcano a lot and have been an advocate for the song but this live performance did nothing for it and fell flat. The bridge should have had a similar sound to the opening electric guitar in The Miracle the other day. Instead it was very subdued.

On the other side of things, I don't like the acoustic performances but this performance of EBW was very good!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom