Songs of Experience - Let The Chart Speculation Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is starting to drop worldwide now though. Will limp over the million line over the next few weeks.

Could do with a new single or summat to give it abit of a bump

Comparison between the 2 main world charts:

MEDIATRAFFIC - 5 weeks published (TOT. 925,000):
1 (441,000) - 4 (164,000) - 7 (145,000) - 9 (115,00)- 10 (60,000)

WORLD TOP 50 ALBUMS - 4 weeks published (TOT.979.000):
1 (460,800) - 2 (207,500) - 5 (188,300) - 9 (122,400)

Comparison between the 2 main world charts:

MEDIATRAFFIC - 5 weeks published (TOT. 925,000):
1 (441,000) - 4 (164,000) - 7 (145,000) - 9 (115,00)- 10 (60,000)

WORLD TOP 50 ALBUMS - 4 weeks published (TOT.979.000):
1 (460,800) - 2 (207,500) - 5 (188,300) - 9 (122,400)

Who calculates the world top 50 sales mate? A lot higher ain't they. We will go off them ones then :) abit like when your on a diet and one set of scales says your 2 pound lighter then the other scales [emoji23]

Their gonna smash through the million barrier on the 5th week according to them sales then

Falling like a rock in the billboard top 200 but at number 23 in the top billboard album sales.....no hits=no billboard top 200

Ok, so it’s 92 on the Billboard 200 because it includes streaming but 23 on Top Album Sales because that is sales only. Yep, streaming really hurts them. Unfortunately I think the Billboard 200 is considered the main album chart.

New single/video needed now!!°

Red Flag Day would be great!

They really do suck at picking singles, at least lately. Over on another forum they’re doing Survivor for SOE songs. The first song voted off the island was American Soul and the third was Best Thing. The fourth might be Get Out.

Hey, this album has done relatively well when you consider the age of the band and the backlash to SOI.

And when you take into account that every band does around the same number bar Coldplay. Take Coldplay out of the equation and u2 are up there with any other band

Hey, this album has done relatively well when you consider the age of the band and the backlash to SOI.

Do you really think a SOI backlash is affecting SOE album sales?

A U2 fan getting a free U2 album would not be complaining.

I'd think the only people who were part of the backlash were people who didn't like U2 to begin with.

Do you really think a SOI backlash is affecting SOE album sales?

A U2 fan getting a free U2 album would not be complaining.

I'd think the only people who were part of the backlash were people who didn't like U2 to begin with.
In the UK anyway it's almost embarrassing to say your a U2 fan these days. You get a general "Bono is a tax dodging c***" reply. I think anyone that hated them already did but the SOI debacle cemented it.

In the UK anyway it's almost embarrassing to say your a U2 fan these days. You get a general "Bono is a tax dodging c***" reply. I think anyone that hated them already did but the SOI debacle cemented it.

Can't say I'm embarrassed to love u2, my love for u2 is probably the biggest thing everyone knows me for [emoji23][emoji23] if someone knows me they definitely know I love u2 I make sure of that. That and being a West Brom fan which I'm a million times more embarrassed about at the minute [emoji23][emoji23]

I agree and disagree about SOI. Just going off what I see. My nieces and nephews age range between 13-18 all know u2 they even know Bono by name (no it wasn't me drilling it into them [emoji23]) that was all down to the soi release, they all had the record on their iPhone. Did they listen to soi ? No. Did they buy other u2 records ? No . Did it make them hate u2 ? No. All soi did for the younger generation is make them aware of u2. They know u2 now. I think it would be a very small percentage of kids that got into u2 because of soi

For adults, I don't think I ever hear anyone mention the soi release method. It's more or less forgotten. The main thing is the general hatred for Bono. That happened before the release and is exactly the same after the release. Soi has nothing to do with it. Ive heard more comments about the tax dodging news then the soi release aswell. That's the impression I get in the uk anyway

Last edited:
Just totally off topic.Just before xmas I was out with the lads in Birmingham (uk) we bumped into these 3 Irish lads that were shamrock rovers supporters. Obviously one of my friends brought up Bono with them. They hated him with a passion. Even though 2 out the 3 had been to see u2 live [emoji2] I said why of them why do u hate him? He replied " cause he is a tax dodging blah blah blah " that was the only reason he could give me. My friends found this hilarious

Said to my friend later, it's just the cool thing to say u hate Bono and u2. They couldn't really give me a reason why

Really doesn't bother me what people say or think. I like what I like and that's it. I annoy people with my interests aswell [emoji23]u2 best band in the world fact !

Last edited:
U2 fans here are like a secret society,do not dare mention it in public!

Just totally off topic.Just before xmas I was out with the lads in Birmingham (uk) we bumped into these 3 Irish lads that were shamrock rovers supporters. Obviously one of my friends brought up Bono with them. They hated him with a passion. Even though 2 out the 3 had been to see u2 live [emoji2] I said why of them why do u hate him? He replied " cause he is a tax dodging blah blah blah " that was the only reason he could give me. My friends found this hilarious

Said to my friend later, it's just the cool thing to say u hate Bono and u2. They couldn't really give me a reason why

Really doesn't bother me what people say or think. I like what I like and that's it. I annoy people with my interests aswell [emoji23]u2 best band in the world fact !
When I went over to Dublin for the I&E gig we got talking to a few locals as you do. All I heard was how they hated U2. The taxi driver that took us home after the gig was especially vociferous. I know it's a limited number of people you speak to but it just seems "everybody" hates them here. What's funny is I was having a look at Twitter when they were on the BBC and it was getting a positive reaction. It is probably more "cool" these days to hate on U2 just because it's U2 rather than actually dislike their music.

Back around 2000 a guy tried to pick a fight with me at a club . . he saw U2 on the back of my shirt (a POPMART shirt) and took issue with it . .or "them."

I just smiled at his comments, he backed down at that point, that was that.

It's not just a recent thing, this animosity toward U2.

But since I have around 30 U2 articles of clothing: t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, hats, etc,, I am constantly wearing U2 advertisements.

Sometimes it gets an enthusiastic "U2!" (which is my experience most of the time if someone bothers to comment at all), and sometimes it gets a drunkie wanting to start a fight.

IMO;

They're waiting for a big push with the grammys. Release GOOYOW video, play it at the Grammys, add a few more US/Canada dates to cause an uptick in album sales, and there ya go!! Unfortunately that's how hits are made.

I know many don't believe there will be more US dates, but I read a rumor that they'll add shows in Denver, SLC, Vancouver among others in July, and that these dates on sale will be tied in with the Grammys. Also, probably when 2nd shows will be added in Atlanta, Newark, etc. I know, slow sales and all, but they'll figure out a way to sell all the tickets.

Last edited:
Absolutely, good performance. Was not that keen on the clappers !, but the atmosphere was miles better than under Pulis. Long way to go mate, but at least we are in there with a chance.

Felt like throwing my stupid clapper on the pitch, artificial atmosphere. [emoji2]We're watchable again mate, I wanna part with my money to watch them. Which I haven't felt like doing for years. Pulis killed it for me. We play football now and we look half decent. If we stay up or go down I'm happy enough I've got my love back. That means more to me then being in the prem

Been to the Newcastle, arsenal and Brighton games since pulis has left and enjoyed every single one of them. Can't ask for much more

Last edited:
Felt like throwing my stupid clapper on the pitch, artificial atmosphere. [emoji2]We're watchable again mate, I wanna part with my money to watch them. Which I haven't felt like doing for years. Pulis killed it for me. We play football now and we look half decent. If we stay up or go down I'm happy enough I've got my love back. That means more to me then being in the prem

Been to the Newcastle, arsenal and Brighton games since pulis has left and enjoyed every single one of them. Can't ask for much more
Got a season ticket in the Rainbow. Been a real struggle to even go to some games tracksuit Tony was there. No atmosphere even when we won games.

We ate in with a chance now & the very worst is that if we go down, we have a fair chance to go straight back up again.

Desparate for a goal scorer, fingers crossed we have won in for next Sat.

Got a season ticket in the Rainbow. Been a real struggle to even go to some games tracksuit Tony was there. No atmosphere even when we won games.

We ate in with a chance now & the very worst is that if we go down, we have a fair chance to go straight back up again.

Desparate for a goal scorer, fingers crossed we have won in for next Sat.
We are...predictive text !

Back
Top Bottom