Songs I'd like to see U2 cover...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rivergoat

War Child
Was thinking about this the other day... songs I'd like to hear U2's version of...

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
The Police - Murder By Numbers
Tracy Chapman - anything
John Denver - anything
Rob Zombie - Thunderkiss '65

I know there are others, I'll have to think of them... what are y'all's thoughts??

goat

}:)~

Tracy Chapman, eh? :hmm:...

Yeah...I could see that...wouldn't mind it...

rivergoat said:
Was thinking about this the other day... songs I'd like to hear U2's version of...

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

That'd be cool. Yes.

I really, really want to hear them do "Pretty Woman" sometime.

My dad brought up one one time that I think would be interesting, too...Roxy Music's "Avalon".

Angela

rivergoat said:

Rob Zombie - Thunderkiss '65

}:)~

The term "Cold day in hell" comes to mind.

Actually I think this tread would do better in Everything You Know is Wrong, for there have been many like this there in the past.

I'd like them to cover some G'n'R, Poison, and maybe some Bon Jovi.

Personal Jesus is also a good choice.

I think any song by Echo or Ian McCollough would be great too.

And Bono could try his hand singing a female song - Avril Lavigne's I'm With You or Things I'll Never Say might be cool.

Cheers,

J

nookie by limp bizkit

bono singing "i did it all for the nookie"...whoa...

if BONO went, "do you know where the fuck you are, your in the jungle baby your gona dieeeeeeeeeee."(welcome to the jungle)
or november rain(bono does play piano) and edge could play all three parts of the solo.(one of the best solos ever) OH WAIT.

u2 did cover whole lotta love(led zeppelin) not a good cover whats up with the guitar:huh:
and paint it black(rolling stones) where are the guitars:huh:
both songs, strong points are the guitars.

u2 and covers dont go good together.
beat on the brat is good. but very easy to play. some power cords thats all .

shaun vox said:
if BONO went, "do you know where the fuck you are, your in the jungle baby your gona dieeeeeeeeeee."(welcome to the jungle)
or november rain(bono does play piano) and edge could play all three parts of the solo.(one of the best solos ever) OH WAIT.

the day they do that is the day when Adam does that freakin' Buzzcocks cover

Work It Out by the Beatles. Edge and Bono harmonizing on "Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting". I think it would outstanding.

All Of My Love, D'yer Maker or Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, I think Bono could handle the vocals pretty well and it would be interesting to hear him sing them.

Street Fightin Man or Undercover Of The Night by the Stones.

To hear U2 do some covers of any of the songs of that New Radicals CD would be awesome!... but, I am going to assume no one has ever even heard any of those songs so i'll stop there. Go buy it

I would like the band to do a cover of the song "Because the night", I have a video of a Springsteen concert where Bono shows up and sings that song and it is simply amazing.

Blue Room said:
All Of My Love, D'yer Maker or Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, I think Bono could handle the vocals pretty well and it would be interesting to hear him sing them.

*Eyes light up*

Oooh...:hmm:...

That would be very interesting.

And hearing them do "Street Fighting Man" in particular out of those two Stones songs and "We Can Work It Out" would be neat, too. Yeah. They could do a really good job on those songs.

I like RickFly's suggestions, too.

Angela

Bono NEEDS to sing Springsteen's "She's the One" and "I'm on Fire" for me. Preferably during a duet with Bruce :wink:

:drool: :combust: :bono:

SD

Any of the slower Smashing Pumpkins songs, because I don't like Billy Corgan's voice on those but I think they were great. The Beatles' "In My Life", just coz I love that song and I'd love to hear Bono singing it.

Blue Room said:
Work It Out by the Beatles. Edge and Bono harmonizing on "Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting". I think it would outstanding.
Wow, good one.

Also: more Johnny Cash!

Hurt - Johnny Cash's version (picture this as "Can't Help Falling In Love" in ZOO TV, last song, just Bono and Edge, and after they finish, "The Wanderer" strikes out like Elvis's own CHFIL in ZOO TV or like Grace in the Elevation Tour)

Rockin In The Free World - Neil Young (the Bon Jovi version of this one is awesome)

The Rissing - Bruce Springsteen (imagine U2 opening in New Jersey with this)

Beth - Kiss (beautiful, maybe he could change it to ALI in some point)

Yellow or The Scientist or God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - Coldplay (that would be amazing)

Forever - Kiss (amazing)

Feel - Robbie Williams (imagine Bono with the peace sign up in the air)

Last edited:
Depeche Mode - Never let me down again
Rolling Stones - Gimme Sheltler
Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash

I don't think I want them to cover anything. One of the things I like best about them is their uniqueness, and honestly I don't think their covers have been good. Bono said once years ago the reason they developed as a band so well is because they had to find their own style because they weren't good at anyone else's songs;)

Ooohhh Little Wing...that's a great song and I'm sure the band would do fine, but imo it's one of those untouchables, y'know? Some songs you just don't cover, like Imagine.

Now, I think it'd be quite...interesting... if U2 covered a bunch of Tool songs. I had a dream that they released a cover album of Lateralus :eeklaugh: I can just imagine Bono doing the 20-plus second shout on The Grudge...

Seriously, though. Some Velvet Underground covers would be nice...Pale Blue Eyes or Beginning to See the Light. Sound of Silence would make a nice cover too. I like the Gimme Shelter idea, Peter. I dunno about Coldplay covers...see, I love Coldplay, but it'd be kinda weird if U2 did em. I dunno. It'd be interesting if they did a "swap" - U2 covered a Coldplay song and Coldplay covered a U2 song...

Back
Top Bottom