Something most of you will hate: the Achtung Baby EP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
liamcool said:
This thread is still useless. There, I've said it three times now. Why do we argue about these things?

Because not everyone here's like you and I and recognises the superiority of the eighties. :wink:

Axver said:

Because not everyone here's like you and I and recognises the superiority of the eighties. :wink:

Axver, you were born in what, 87! You're supposed to like the 90s more! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Axver, you were born in what, 87! You're supposed to like the 90s more! :wink:

Yep, 1987 in New Zealand, the year of the Joshua Tree and One Tree Hill.

It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

Axver said:

Yep, 1987 in New Zealand, the year of the Joshua Tree and One Tree Hill.

It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

No it doesn't! People born towards the end of a decade usually don't even get to listen to music from that decade!!! :angry:

I was born in 78. My fav music more or less came out between 85 and 95! :drool:

Zootlesque said:

No it doesn't! People born towards the end of a decade usually don't even get to listen to music from that decade!!! :angry:

I was born in 78. My fav music more or less came out between 85 and 95! :drool:

Then I must just be weird then. :wink:

My favourite U2 era is the eighties, my favourite TV show is from the seventies, I read books from well before then (I'm currently reading two from around 1845-1855 and one from 1905-ish) ...

Zootlesque said:

That great hit they had... Stairway to Heaven! Or was it Comfortably Numb?

No, it was their cover of "Nights In White Satin" by The Moody Blues.

Seriously, they used to cover The Moody Blues.

I would not fuck with the AB track order.

I would change the HTDAAB order though, i have an alternate tracklisting that I listen to that I find to be much more powerful.

But this isn't the thread for that.

Achtung Baby as an EP?? :no: the album is perfect as it is. would you like us to release Joshua Tree as an EP, Axver? we'll take off Red Hill Mining Town, Mothers of the Disappeared, With or Without You, and One Tree Hill, I think you'll agree that they're pretty pointless tracks? :wink:

Axver said:

Yeah. You seem to think anyone who doesn't rate One as one of the best songs ever has some inferior taste and can't be taken seriously (as you said only a couple of posts ago).

The comment about not being able to take you seriously was meant to be taken with a grain of salt. I was just having some fun.

And yes, I love AB endlessly. Yes, I think it is genius from one end to the other. Yes I think One is one of the greatest songs ever written. I know you disagree and that's fine.

liamcool said:

SECURITY FOOTAGE OF THE HOSPITAL IN WHICH EDGE WAS BORN!

You lose.

TV FOOTAGE OF ADAM'S MOTHER THREE MONHS PREGNANT!

YOU lose.

AtomicBono said:
I would not fuck with the AB track order.

I would change the HTDAAB order though, i have an alternate tracklisting that I listen to that I find to be much more powerful.

But this isn't the thread for that.

Achtung Baby as an EP?? :no: the album is perfect as it is. would you like us to release Joshua Tree as an EP, Axver? we'll take off Red Hill Mining Town, Mothers of the Disappeared, With or Without You, and One Tree Hill, I think you'll agree that they're pretty pointless tracks? :wink:

Let's release UF as an EP, Ax :wink:

A Sort Of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Indian Summer Sky
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises

namkcuR said:

A Sort Of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Indian Summer Sky
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises

Yes! Give him a taste of his own medicine!!! :mac:

namkcuR said:

The comment about not being able to take you seriously was meant to be taken with a grain of salt. I was just having some fun.

And yes, I love AB endlessly. Yes, I think it is genius from one end to the other. Yes I think One is one of the greatest songs ever written. I know you disagree and that's fine.

Alright, fair enough. :) No hard feelings.

namkcuR said:

A Sort Of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Indian Summer Sky
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises

That's actually not bad. MLK, Promenade, and Pride as B-sides.

And 4th Of July and EP and America in the trash.

AtomicBono said:
would you like us to release Joshua Tree as an EP, Axver? we'll take off Red Hill Mining Town, Mothers of the Disappeared, With or Without You, and One Tree Hill, I think you'll agree that they're pretty pointless tracks? :wink:

I'll take you guys up on the UF and JT EP challenges.

Give me a minute.

FOOTAGE OF LARRY'S GREAT GRANDFATHER LOOKING IN HIS NEW BORN BABY'S EYES AND SMILING!

I win! *with hands outstretched*

Zootlesque said:

zoo station
even better than the real thing
one
until the end of the world
who's gonna ride your wild horses
so cruel
the fly
mysterious ways
tryin to throw your arms around the world
ultraviolet (light my way)