Some videos from last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thoughts on the first one:

OOOOOoo they did Night and Day :up:
Ewwwwww Wynona, I can't stand that woman... good thing she did one of my least favorite songs.
YAY for the Electric Co, boo for how it sounded.

Conclusion after watching the videos, U2 are rocking, that version of Night and Day must have been AMAZING.

I think even Edge was impressed. It looked like the audience was going crazy.

I can't wait for the new album!!

WOW. Those were excellent. THANK YOU ramblin rose!!
I so wanted to be there for Night and Day, gave me chills watching. And the 2nd video nearly brought me to tears, summarizing Bono's life and well doing all in one like that, it was a beautiful video. I hope they show that on the Grammies tomorrow night, I have a feeling he will be there and they will announce he was the winner of this award....
Those videos just show how AMAZING Bono is! Very cool.

hmm....*tries video again*

i didn't get a video...i got a slide show with some scary audio stuff (until night and day)

hippy said:
niiiiiice :D

can anyone figure out how to save these?

I used vcr.exe (a program you can download) just copy the shortcut to the video and it saves it while its playing.

Needless to say I've watched it several times and have decided that even though all these performers made a valiant effort to cover U2, nobody does it better than U2 themselves.

Is it just me or did it sound like Mary J. Blige and Patti Label have never heard those songs before in their lives, especially Patti Label. Yikes.

I do like ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, but what I saw of Electric Co. wasnt too impressive. I imagine it wasnt all that bad though, I imagine Edge likes that band. Really good guitar band.

I suprisingly have to say, Nora Jones, wow. That sounded really good.

Night and Day looked cool to, nice guitar work.

Half of what Bill Clinton ever says is meaningless, anyone else ever notice this? I guess he is a politician, what can you expect.

u2popmofo said:
Is it just me or did it sound like Mary J. Blige and Patti Label have never heard those songs before in their lives, especially Patti Label. Yikes.

I do like ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, but what I saw of Electric Co. wasnt too impressive. I imagine it wasnt all that bad though, I imagine Edge likes that band. Really good guitar band.

I suprisingly have to say, Nora Jones, wow. That sounded really good.

Night and Day looked cool to, nice guitar work.

Half of what Bill Clinton ever says is meaningless, anyone else ever notice this? I guess he is a politician, what can you expect.

still only dealing with audio, but yeah, i know what you mean about those two sounding like they never heard the songs before...

i was listening to ...and you will know us by the trail of dead lastr night...and i liked it...then i come in there and hear THAT...fuck, i just kicked over a bowl of popcorn...

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:crack:

gah, that version of Night and Day!!! :drool: :heart: :combust: i would love to hear the full version and would die if they played that in concert!

i just watched those clips....stuff like this makes me want to see U2 live now!!!!!!!!! :scream:

YES!

do they not understand how much we'd love to see Bono completely wail his lungs out at the end of that song? We need more!

*starts a petition* lol

Uh....wow!!! I just saw the video of Night and Day. Did someone go back to 1984-87 and bring back Bono's voice? I'm not saying his voice is bad lately, but when was the last time you all heard him hold the note on a howl that long!!!! Long live Bono, King of Emoting at the Highest Level. Anyone wanna hear the new songs now!!! I do!!!

They just showed footage from that on MTV News, on MTV2, they're playing the video timeslide thing again right now.
That's Life sounded niiice...
I will have to tape it next time around.

Mary J Blige.........ewwwwww....that version of "one" really ruined the entire clip....now people who disagree should realise what an amazing voice Bono really has.

hippy said:

YES!

do they not understand how much we'd love to see Bono completely wail his lungs out at the end of that song? We need more!

*starts a petition* lol

:drool: :drool:

i will sign that petition 1000 times...bono we need you to wail more like that! :scream: :yes:

and as much as i like Mary J, i thought her version of One was awful. Patti LaBelle was an interesting but nice surprise.

Back
Top Bottom