So'll long Magnificent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
true, but in the world of u2....is there a time for asking questions lyric -> questions -> what do you want? is how it has to be.

zooropa should be able to survive without miss sarajevo, but that's not how it ever will be.

Oh, I know they wont drop MS. Bono loves the song, that is the only reason they are doing it. I'm just expressing my opinion that it is really the only major weak point in the whole setlist. I thought MS had its time on Vertigo, it did not need to be resurrected for this tour. :shrug:

btw, blue room. i think i got a telling off from the mods ages ago because it looked like i told you to fuck off. when i said fuck off, i meant it as a exclamation of surprise, no slight onto you.

i hope it's you i'm meant to be saying it to.

I'm trying to picture the majority of a stadium crowd making a mass exodus for the bathroom during Miss Sarajevo.

..... that's what, 40,000 people at the most? Dang, that's the worst line for the bathroom I've ever seen! :wink:

I'm trying to picture the majority of a stadium crowd making a mass exodus for the bathroom during Miss Sarajevo.

..... that's what, 40,000 people at the most? Dang, that's the worst line for the bathroom I've ever seen! :wink:

:lol: what is a reality though is seeing about 15 to 20 thousand in the bleachers take a seat (in some form) while its being done. :)

Eh, they're getting to hear 8 million of the hits they came to hear; they'll live for 3 1/2 minutes of Miss Sarajevo. ;)

Eh, they're getting to hear 8 million of the hits they came to hear; they'll live for 3 1/2 minutes of Miss Sarajevo. ;)

Oh, I agree, they do the same while Zooropa is being done and that is a highlight of the current setlist for me.

Honestly, on Vertigo, I thought Running To Stand Still was much better than MS. They should have at least rotated both throughout that tour. Like I said though, Bono loves the song (I think he likes hitting the high note in latin) so it gets done. I hope this is the last tour its done for awhile at least.

At least they finally dropped Bullet this tour. Great song, done to absolute DEATH, it needed a break! It will probably return next tour and it will seem fresher again, hopefully.

New Year's Day should be played instead of Pride, as long as we're talking about the warhorses in here. saw both in Montreal, and NYD just sounds so much better.

I hope they play Mag in Moncton, this tour hasn't been anywhere near that area, should have a tad more NLOTH, especially as a send off.

NYD should be played at every show.

Honestly, on Vertigo, I thought Running To Stand Still was much better than MS. They should have at least rotated both throughout that tour. Like I said though, Bono loves the song (I think he likes hitting the high note in latin) so it gets done. I hope this is the last tour its done for awhile at least.

For what it's worth, as much as I enjoyed MS at each show I saw, I was saying to myself "please play RTSS instead..."

you guys remember those 5 minutes we were excited by scarlet?

:lol: Don't think I ever was, but now Bono is singing the Rejoice part it's actually not that bad!

Also, I don't know what shows Blueroom has seen, but at the ones I was at I didn't see anyone take a piss break for MS. Didn't see anyone sitting down or use their phone either... everyone just either watched in awe of "what's this song?" or sing along..

:lol: Don't think I ever was, but now Bono is singing the Rejoice part it's actually not that bad!

Also, I don't know what shows Blueroom has seen, but at the ones I was at I didn't see anyone take a piss break for MS. Didn't see anyone sitting down or use their phone either... everyone just either watched in awe of "what's this song?" or sing along..

I will just say I was upper deck side stage at every 360 show I went to and I saw most of the crowd sit down when Miss Sarajevo was played, go get beer, start texting, etc.... I also saw the same thing with Your Blue Room when I saw it done from the same type of location. Maybe it is different in different parts of the stadium. But where I was at, that is what happened. I'm not making this up to upset people, it is what I saw. If everyone was into it, excited, etc.. I would be saying, I think its a mediocre song but the crowd really gets into it and Bono loves it so I see why they are playing it. That has not been my experience on this tour or on Vertigo.

Ah you were in the seats, that explains enough then. On the field most people do actually appreciate it from what I could see. I've had many different spots on the field, so it's not just the pit.

Ah you were in the seats, that explains enough then. On the field most people do actually appreciate it from what I could see. I've had many different spots on the field, so it's not just the pit.

Of course I was in seats, how would the people sit down????? ;)

You can sit on the floor. Lie down, even, which was what I did during Interpol in Toronto. It was a long day. :wink:

If GA people are smart, they sit down in the pit when they get in, that way there's more room for everyone when we have to get up. Sadly it also leaves room for jackasses to get in tho..

Yup. It just squeezed back into its old spot with Boots. Not replacing any awesomeness. That's good, very good.

And another piece of proof that one of their crew reads this. :wink: First Magnificent comes back, then it gets replaced because people want The Fly..

Good to see it back in the original version without replacing anything. I've never been able to quite understand why U2 has to drop songs from NLOTH, an album that's totally underrepresented on this leg of the tour which is a shame. Promoting an upcoming remaster is not a reason to throw out new songs. It's bad enough they stopped playing stuff like Every Breaking Wave and Mercy. All of this just strengthens my conviction that the first two European legs of this tour were the best ones and personally I'm just happy I had the chance to witness those shows.

Come on, they know they should totally end 360 in Moncton like this:

Ultraviolet
HMTMKMKM
WOWY
MOS

NLOTH
Bad-->40

Yes.

I was wondering today if any decent recordings, maybe even an IEM had ever surfaced of the rearranged/remixed Magnificent the band tried? Would be very very interesting to hear...

Intro 1, 2, 3, 4. Edge 1, 2, 3, 4. Band 1, 2, 3, 4. Verse 1, 2, 3, 4. Chorus 1, 2, 3, 4. Solo 1, 2, 3, 4.

You get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom