SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm anticipating a debate over whether the delay seriously hurt the record. "American Soul," the political GOOYOW verses, and the political "Blackout" verses/chorus have struck me as the weakest parts of the record so far.

But that's a VERY hot take.

13! has new parts, new intro lyrics, sooooo much better than the SOI version, it's really a new song! was looking least forward to this song and it's turning into my fav.

new Song for Someone verses are better. Not blowing me away, but a nice album coda vibe. Slightlier poppier, not quite as good MLK vibe.

Did this guy rip the LP or is he listening to it and broadcasting it through his laptop mic?

One of the things I was worried about after hearing the tracks we've had for a while was that there wasn't gong to be a lot of space on the album, sonically. I'm not worried anymore. That was out of this world.

Great to hear.

got LP somehow, playing it and recording on facebook live via his phone/laptop

ordinary love, seems a bit faster, but same song we know. could be some new sounds hard to tell, oh wait there are new sounds. not a major reworking IMHO

Anybody got favorite tracks/moments nominees yet?

"Red Flag Day," second half of "Landlady," and "Little Things" stuck out to me on a first listen. "Showman" also cool.

Still haven't heard the first 2 tracks, though.

Overall impressions so far (similar to others, missed first two songs): Little Things, Landlady, and Red Flag Day are standing out. The Showman and Book of Your Heart sound like growers. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way will be amazing live.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom