SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got to work and there are several things FUCKED UP that are going to make this an annoying day. This'll definitely help my mental well being!

Wow....potentially 2 new songs today!!!!

Very excited and I will essentially have a mini album with those 3 SOE songs a repeat until 12/1.

this is beautiful.

The precious few hours that pass when we know new music is coming, but before we actually hear it. The few hours when Interference is characterized by hope, joy and excitement.

Let us relish this, and not poop too heavily on GOOYOW :wink:

What are the two songs we may get today? Get Out of Your Own Way is one, but what's the other? Is it The Blackout?

So they are getting the streaming and tour tickets linked to pre-sales all set up - almost a guaranteed number one.

Do you know this for sure? Or that it seems like this is what they will be doing? If you have some solid info can u post a link? Thank you!
The timing seems to be set up for it, so I hope that’s the plan

this is beautiful.

The precious few hours that pass when we know new music is coming, but before we actually hear it. The few hours when Interference is characterized by hope, joy and excitement.

Yeah, the bliss of everyone coming together....

before we tear each other apart on why the new U2 songs suck. ;)

At least we know what to expect with The Blackout. GOOYOW, only the chorus.

I removed any expectation of the U2 sonic landscape of old, and preparing for the glossy Tedder U2. See how they stack up!

this is beautiful.

Lol....the poop will flow strong with some.

I do agree that this is the BEST time of the album cycle. When you know at some point in the day you will open up Interference and their will be thread titled “Discuss GOOYOW” and the last post will be 10 seconds ago, so you know shit went down!!

I hope they also release The Black Out....I’m really excited to hear a proper version that is hopefully balls out good.

this is beautiful.

Well said RD!! This is the probably going to be the second best day for us fans after release day. So soak it in. I am loving this. Our band actually working with a plan. 2 more songs!!! Good day.

I removed any expectation of the U2 sonic landscape of old, and preparing for the glossy Tedder U2. See how they stack up!

I'm ready for The Tedder

Are you ready for The Tedder?

14198996_ryan-tedder-rooting-for-beyonce--to-win_a2f0c5de_m.jpg

'Summer of Love' will have plenty of sonic space and a beautiful soundscape. It will also tie in the personal and the political in a way that has never been done before in a pop/rock song. "I'm thinking of the West Coast, but not the one you know." About Syria, and will have an infectious melody within the beautiful soundscape and sonic space, imploring even the most diehard of frozen bananas to sing along. That will be my favourite song on the album, mark my words.

I'm excited to hear love is all we have left, based on the very very short clip it sounded like it could be very atmospheric and there seamed to be a female voice in there too! But with only 8 seconds, the song could be anything really!

For those of you in the 3rd world (Europe), looks like you're getting your dates today too.

Doesn't count me then being in sunny England :) well soon to not be in Europe.

Did you hear European dates will be announced today then?

There's a point when we come out of the EU will it be the European and U.K. Tour ? :)

I'm excited to hear love is all we have left, based on the very very short clip it sounded like it could be very atmospheric and there seamed to be a female voice in there too! But with only 8 seconds, the song could be anything really!
Being that this is the album opener, we can surely expect it to start off slowly and atmospheric, and then explode or possibly build to a crescendo. It will not remain flat as an opener. Should be interesting. The mystery of this album keeps building. Apparently every song on the album could be a single.

this is beautiful.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s so damn fun.

Being that this is the album opener, we can surely expect it to start off slowly and atmospheric, and then explode or possibly build to a crescendo. It will not remain flat as an opener. Should be interesting. The mystery of this album keeps building. Apparently every song on the album could be a single.

Yes! I love songs that build up. You are so right, there could be some awesome surprises in this album.

I'm thinking I'll get the 2xLP and/or box set. I hope all bonus tracks are available on streaming services.

Today is going to be a good day! I'll ostensibly get to plot out where I'll be seeing U2 next year and have some new music to listen to AND the new Converge LP will be delivered by the time I get home. Seeing as they are my two favorite bands and they've been releasing stuff on the same day for each of their respective, current album cycles the end of 2017 will be a good one for me, music wise.

this is beautiful.

I am sure we can count on axver to trash GOOYOW mercilessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom