Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake up America you gang of lazy shits, the rest of us are waiting for this announcement/new song/fuck all

Folks over at u2Start that claim they were at the video filming are posting more lyrics of what they can remember. Seems to be consistent with a few tweets that have been floating around:

U2start.com | The Blackout

The chorus is "When the lights go out, [.. something ..]"

The chorus is preceded with "you go.. easy on me.. easy on me.. you go.. easy on me.. easy on me"

There is also a line that says "When democracy is flat on its back".

and '...people want to be free, for free.'

Sounds very political. This is surely the type of song they were hoping for when they delayed the album. Maybe this precedes TBT because they find it more relevant right now. Also "people want to be free for free" definitely sounds like something Bono would write :lol:

I'm hoping it doesn't feel like the political lines were jammed in at a later stage... even if they were.

someone posted something about "earthquakes only happen when you're asleep" too

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Never heard this before, pretty cool!

Also this is why we needed a 20th anniversary Pop tour instead of 30th anniversary JT tour.

if nothing else, a Pop special edition, with a second disc of alternate/early takes.

Fuck - they were big and bold in the mid 90s.

I'm skeptical about what will happen today. Yesterday's email with the pic of the crowd at the video shoot seemed like a tease that isn't really indicative of something happening today. Seemed more like a first tease of several coming this week.

Best case - we get a song with video from the shoot and Album announcement.

second best - teaser clip of the song/video and album announcement.

most likely - another teaser/email of some sort

U2Valencia seems to have gone all in on today, which makes me think they are desperately trying to gamble that something happens today and they make up some of their lost cred. Them being so on this date today makes me more skeptical actually...

But like Headache said, whatever happens, it will be entertaining around here. :applaud::wink::huh::lol:

Last edited:
if nothing else, a Pop special edition, with a second disc of alternate/early takes.

Fuck - they were big and bold in the mid 90s.

This is why 90s U2 is my favorite and why AB is my favorite album of all time. It was a brave and bold move and they owned it.

ok, so while we wait.

The ONE thing that has come up in the last week that has thrown in so much confusion is a random Reddit poster showing a shot from Mediabase that TBT is going to go to radio.
Other than that, every other thing is pointing to The Blackout being THE song. We don't even have a way to verify the info on Mediabase since its an industry site.

I'm inclined to dismiss the Mediabase posting all together, and believe that we will NOT get anything today, and will have to wait a full 10 days before The Blackout drops on the 8th.

It just makes so much more sense.

We will still get some more teasers along the way I'm sure, but that's where I'm at on this whole thing as of now.

Last edited:
U2Valencia seems to have gone all in on today, which makes me think they are desperately trying to gamble that something happens today and they make up some of their lost cred. Them being so on this date today makes me more skeptical actually...

This creates quite the dilemma, what do I want more today:
A. To hear a new U2 song
2. To see U2Valencia continue to look foolish and completely uninformed

I remember something with "meteorite". And he sings 'the blackout' in the second verse.
Middle 8 is 90ish u2

So the actual word/phrase "the Blackout" is only in the verse? What about the chorus? The lights go out??

thank you for the info! like the 90's sound bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom