SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl, I don't recall anybody asking you the single most important question about the Blackout shoot/secret gig:

What sunglasses was Bono wearing?!

Same as on tour.

Edge was wearing a simple black tshirt and torn black jeans, with his razor necklace. Larry was all black also wearing sunglasses.. Adam I don't recall. Something light coloured.

Also, last nights show was the best I've seen sofar. The girl from Mysterious Ways was there again, we all expected to be facepalming again but they skipped MW. :lol: That was awesome.

Remember how they Incorporated that Dublin bridge shoot into the video for The Miracle? That was great. Almost as good as the video they created for Ordinary Love with all the people don't ordinary things that they used on tour this year.

But Fischer said it was true. [emoji1]

Same as on tour.

Edge was wearing a simple black tshirt and torn black jeans, with his razor necklace. Larry was all black also wearing sunglasses.. Adam I don't recall. Something light coloured.

Also, last nights show was the best I've seen sofar. The girl from Mysterious Ways was there again, we all expected to be facepalming again but they skipped MW. :lol: That was awesome.

lol, cheers!

Same as on tour.

Ahhhhh no! Would have been the perfect moment for some new shades haha

I got another little tidbit, a famous DJ/artist here, Ruud De Wild, just said in his own radio show that he was invited to a listening party this weekend by the band. They played him the whole album, so it's actually finished already! More info might be available tonight as he's going to a talkshow later or so.

I got another little tidbit, a famous DJ/artist here, Ruud De Wild, just said in his own radio show that he was invited to a listening party this weekend by the band. They played him the whole album, so it's actually finished already! More info might be available tonight as he's going to a talkshow later or so.

2018 it is.

Have to say - it seems more likely that they are preparing two film clips because they are (or at least were until recently) unsure which will be the first single, and want to enjoy their month off between tour legs.

The double A side theory is exciting, but highly unlikely IMO. Would be great if they did it though.

Ding Ding Ding. I think this is correct.
It doesn't seem like they are going to do a multiple song blitz with 2 songs.
The double A side seems quite unlikely, but possible.

more possible. They want to wrap up two singles worth of filming, so they can have a short break between the tour wrap and gear up for the next SOE promotional run and tour planning.

In all seriousness though, this is an awesome tidbit! I hope he reveals more info about the album. I wonder what his reaction to the album was? Can't wait to hear more! Thanks for sharing!

Sorry for my ignorance, but when you say DJ, do you mean like a radio personality, or a DJ like EDM type music artist?

Either way, great piece of info.

:hmm:

Niiiiice.

2018 it is.

I don't know why this still makes me laugh so hard, especially when I hate most of the jokes here that are run into the ground.

So the band is taking basically the entire month of August off and will presumably be spending most of the time vacationing in France. I expect a beach clip or two to surface, especially if they decide to throw a listening party at Bono's house.

Found this on Twitter:
https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/boulevard/laatste-videos-boulevard/u2-zet-amsterdam-in-vuur-en-vlam

Could you (or someone else from the Netherlands) tell us what he and the other hosts talked about?

Last edited:
I prefer my first exposure to a song to be a decent quality recording, but maybe I'm crazy.

i haven't listened to a single beach clip since pre-bomb for this exact reason - once i realized how shit they pretty much all sounded and that they were basically useless for figuring out what the song actually sounds like.

I prefer my first exposure to a song to be a decent quality recording, but maybe I'm crazy.

i haven't listened to a single beach clip since pre-bomb for this exact reason - once i realized how shit they pretty much all sounded and that they were basically useless for figuring out what the song actually sounds like.

Gimli_With_Axe.jpg

I love beach clips. It lets your mind fill in the blanks for what's missing in the crap audio quality. To me, Miracle Drug beach clip was my fav beach clip of all time. Bring it on!

The one thing about beachclips is I hate how they lose their nerve once the album comes out and they remove all the experimental parts like birds chirping and dogs barking.

Back
Top Bottom