SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That date ended up being a Coldplay show... so it was likely Ticketmaster wasn't testing something out and accidentally made it public, not that this was an actual scheduled show.

It's actually a Kings of Leon show. I'm attending it. I was a fan for awhile, then I kinda lost interest the last few albums. Friend had an extra ticket. We'll see how it goes!

I still will defend kings of Leon but I do agree it's harder to like them as time goes on. They are assholes. Especially the bass player.

What a bunch of bassholes

largemouthbass2.jpg

I still will defend kings of Leon but I do agree it's harder to like them as time goes on. They are assholes. Especially the bass player.

Right?!?! That bass player seems like a huge douche! The lead guitarist seems like a nice guy. Drummer has a "bow down, we're KOL" attitude, and the singer seems like a guy who realizes that being a primadonna and an alcoholic earlier in his career has bit him in the ass. He's trying to loosen up and be a dude, but the damage is done.

You want to alienate your fan base just as you obtained one? Cancel shows, for reasons like being too drunk or pigeon shit. That will ensure nobody want to buy your tickets!

Last edited:
Right?!?! That bass player seems like a huge douche! The lead guitarist seems like a nice guy. Drummer has a "bow down, we're KOL" attitude, and the singer seems like a guy who realizes that being a primadonna and an alcoholic earlier in his career has bit him in the ass. He's trying to loosen up and be a dude, but the damage is done.

You want to alienate your fan base just as you obtained one? Cancel shows, for reasons like being too drunk or pigeon shit. That will ensure nobody want to buy your tickets!

I think what originally made kings of Leon cool were the fact that they were indeed full blown douches. But it was ok because they were young, Caleb's voice was unique and they rocked out. Once they blew up it's like ok guys now you're popular, rich, and douchebags to boot.

It's a very strange thing with this band. It's like they try to not be interesting in their live shows to make seem like it's all about playing "the music". To their credit , musically they are very tight live. However they are extremely boring to watch. This last album and tour, they've been trying to sell that employing a new producer that challenged them benefitted their process. I just think that they are super content that they made all of their money already. Now they just play shows drink wine eat fancy food and watch football. That's why U2 are better than most. Even though their output may not be better than last at least they seem to sincerely try and strive to be the best.

Last edited:
Well now u2 are on holidays by the looks everthing has going quite on the forums. Seems like we are all waiting patiently for a september single. Do you think we will get any more new info before that?

I can see them doing a modern release process - maybe some social media teases of a few seconds of audio in the days leading up to it.

Indeed, this is the calm before the storm. I figure in about 2 weeks we'll get some info, small leak, or a release date of the new single.:love::hyper:

Back
Top Bottom