SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omg omg omg omg omg

Just saw on Facebook that someone I know was there. Said she can't say much due to the confidentiality agreement, but said song was awesome.

omg omg omg omg omg

I feel like we just need to know if it's a Vertigo/Boots/Miracle clone

If it's not, then we can breathe a little easier. If it is.....guess we'll see

I'm sure they can talk about details of the songs without serious legal follow through. I'm sure the serious spankings would be recording and putting on social media.

I'm sure they can talk about details of the songs without serious legal follow through. I'm sure the serious spankings would be recording and putting on social media.

Agreed. In fact I think the goal is to have people "talking" about it and expressing excitement and giving some description and opinion. That's smart by the band. They just don't want it showing up on YouTube or Pirate Bay before the song hits the public.

I feel like we just need to know if it's a Vertigo/Boots/Miracle clone

If it's not, then we can breathe a little easier. If it is.....guess we'll see

Right on here. But as it stands, it still seems like TBT is still probably the single. Valencia seems to be consistent on this even after the shoot today.
Would be great to hear the style of the other song or songs, not just, it was awesome or it was powerful...

I assume The Lights Go Out is a progression from The Light and then The Light At Home? The current title is dark and negative, where I have never thought of the others as anything but super positive. This bodes very well.

Actually, I take that back. Valencia changed their Facebook post and it now doesn't give a clear statement of TBT being the first single. Very interesting. That point seems to in the air, but the video that was translated makes it seem like TLGO (am I the first to abbreviate it? :D) was the song played repeatedly during filming. I guess it leans toward that one. I like the title!! Not often we get to say that. :wink:

I assume The Lights Go Out is a progression from The Light and then The Light At Home? The current title is dark and negative, where I have never thought of the others as anything but super positive. This bodes very well.

Very well indeed.

Hmmmm. Not to be negative, but do we really know that's the title? Or are people saying a line from the chorus? I really hope it is, but nothing seems official yet

We don't know for sure, yet you seemed to take a lot of pride "abbreviating" it for the first time.

:rolleyes:

My initial thought was that the band had two different songs playing while cameras were rolling so people wouldn't know which one was the actual single. But if these people are claiming the video was specifically not for The Best Thing, that's surprising and some pretty good info.

Whatever the single is, I just hope it's not the first song on the album again.

Hmmmm. Not to be negative, but do we really know that's the title? Or are people saying a line from the chorus? I really hope it is, but nothing seems official yet

And if it is just a line from the chorus, it will no longer be dark?

Two things: I am fairly sure they would have told all present the name of the song. Also, every other 'lights' reference (vertigo, RHMT) is about lights going down, not 'out'.

U2Valencia says that they received intel that "The Lights Go Out" isn't the name of the song - it's supposedly called "Blackout."

[TWEET]891059480196239360[/TWEET]
[TWEET]891075635883515904[/TWEET]

Someone replied to that last tweet asking if "Blackout" was the name of the song and they liked the tweet. Take that with a grain of salt, as always.

Has there been confirmation from anyone there that there was actual filming going on?

And there were several songs being played, but was there one played over and over again? I assume they were all pre-recorded, or was the band playig live?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

And if it is just a line from the chorus, it will no longer be dark?

Two things: I am fairly sure they would have told all present the name of the song. Also, every other 'lights' reference (vertigo, RHMT) is about lights going down, not 'out'.

True, very good point. Believe me, I'm a vocal cheerleader of darker U2. I should have thought that they would intro the songs to the attendees.
So TLGO it is.

Has there been confirmation from anyone there that there was actual filming going on?

And there were several songs being played, but was there one played over and over again? I assume they were all pre-recorded, or was the band playig live?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

97wagLvOFHNa0OKcbrEsSxmpzeFmoRQSbuL0eHFqQZ87b3a4DuD5MCQ9syP8dGtcLJvb228a7QdU0nVo3k9ib-fx81uPM8neprNcuDoV51zm=w350-h281-nc

Last edited:
True, very good point. Believe me, I'm a vocal cheerleader of darker U2. I should have thought that they would intro the songs to the attendees.
So TLGO it is.

Can't wait for Kygo to remix TLGO

So TLGO it is.

Haha, and Blackout it is. I suppose we shouldn't trust hysterical immediate reactions from passionate fans!

Yeah I think anyone in that situation would be pretty positive about the songs they heard.
They need to do like us. be excited about them for a month here on Interference and then start to tear them down but by bit. :D

I don't see anything about Blackout back in the first post of this thread. Fake news!

If they played 'Blackout' or whatever we are calling it live to the crowds, perhaps it will show up in the live show soon?

Well if it gets released in Sept obviously it's going to join the set then. They don't have shows for most of August and I wouldn't expect it in the remaining Europe shows because they'll want to keep it under wraps for now. You don't want them botching it live and have that be people's first impression.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom