SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
Yes of course I did ... my assumption still holds I guess. I just wanted to provide a source (for "malleable" )

I am 2000000% sure ( at least) that they will get back to SOE after the EU leg in late summer and "try to finish" SOE for a fall 2017 release

By all accounts, given the month they were in studio with Lillywhite and Lee(who confirmed it was new material he was working on) my guess is that it's done. They're already talking about iE dates.

By all accounts, given the month they were in studio with Lillywhite and Lee(who confirmed it was new material he was working on) my guess is that it's done. They're already talking about iE dates.

would be very not-U2-ish to have an album "ready to go" (Chris Evans?) months before release .. but I'd be fine with that of course.

it seems like we all take guesses every few months as to where this new album is and when it will be released.

As of today, my guess is that they finished it in NY last month. If they had time to work with Kendrick Lamar, i think that they're pretty happy with where SoE is.

I think it's in the can and will be released after the Europe dates and the new tour can begin in 2018.

Unless they tinker with it...and we all know they will.:angry:

They didn't "have time" to work with Kendrick. Apparently Bono sent him some material the band was working on and they used a piece of it. It wasn't credited as a sample because it's from an unfinished work that probably didn't have an official title yet.

but why bother with that "one off" if they had other pressing things to do...like make their own new album and prepare for a tour?

but why bother with that "one off" if they had other pressing things to do...like make their own new album and prepare for a tour?

Because it only involved sending a sound file to Kendrick's people who were working on Kendrick's album? If you're referring to that one off.

If they play a new song tonight, maybe Bono will say something about SOE release?

If not, then possible we'll get some info after the Seattle show.

If they play it tonight, they should be getting a good amount of free press tomorrow about debuting a new song. Then they can let YouTube fan clips circulate for a little while as viral marketing. Maybe release the song around Bonnaroo.

So, that's the first full song from the album and possibly the album cover too?

What's the plan now lads, album to follow the tour?

I still dont think they're done with this one. The lyrics kind of flow awkwardly starting around "I can't get back inside" and "all my tasks are so thankless". I dig it though, the lyrics mean a lot. Heavy song.

Someone posted in another thread that on u2.com it lists the song being played last night and at the last show of the tour. Could they be re-thinking it already? Maybe just making it a special addition to the tour?

Last edited:
I still dont think they're done with this one. The lyrics kind of flow awkwardly starting around "I can't get back inside" and "all my tasks are so thankless". I dig it though, the lyrics mean a lot. Heavy song.

Someone posted in another thread that on u2.com it lists the song being played last night and at the last show of the tour. Could they be re-thinking it already? Maybe just making it a special addition to the tour?

I doubt the setlist for the last show is close to being thought of yet.

I mean, about time they simplify things. No clue what the album version will sound like but overall less is more on this song.
Would sound right at home alongside that Harry Styles song and Miley Cyrus 's new stripped back sound on pop radio...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom