So why does bono say Uno, Dos, tres...catorce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been brought up in other forums, that it is referencing the 1st testament, 2nd book, 3rd chapter, 14th verse - which is exodus 3:14 - the verse with Moses talking with the burning bush (God) and God calling himself "I AM". This is re-inforced by the inclusion of the handwritten notes of this verse in the Box release book on the page for "All Because of You" - just a theory that I think makes sense in a U2 / Bono kind of way

Hmm.

I'm more partial to Bono's "there was drinking involved" explanation than the biblical one, or the number of U2 albums.

For the sake of not having to make another thread...

in "One" when Bono is going off about love...

"You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law"

Now everywhere I've seen those are the official lyrics. And I recognize that, but every time Bono says 'temple' I hear 'templar'. Which I mean... would make sense as well in the song...

Can anyone else hear that?

Bono explained in an interview in Spain that it is something related to a sentence Bruce Springsteen always says, he says that rock'n roll can't be : one, two, three, four..., rock has to involve an element of uncertainty, of surprise, but that causes Vertigo (not exact words, of course), if it is true or not only Bono knows, but I can tell you that the first time they played the song in Spain, it was in Barcelona Bono surprised the audience saying "uno, dos, tres....quince (15)"

It has been brought up in other forums, that it is referencing the 1st testament, 2nd book, 3rd chapter, 14th verse - which is exodus 3:14 - the verse with Moses talking with the burning bush (God) and God calling himself "I AM". This is re-inforced by the inclusion of the handwritten notes of this verse in the Box release book on the page for "All Because of You" - just a theory that I think makes sense in a U2 / Bono kind of way

And of course I AM is translated as Yahweh, which is the last song on the album. This makes a lot of sense, actually. It connects the first song to the middle song (All Because of You with the You being I AM) with the last song (Yahweh.)

Or you can believe the alcohol story.

And of course I AM is translated as Yahweh, which is the last song on the album. This makes a lot of sense, actually. It connects the first song to the middle song (All Because of You with the You being I AM) with the last song (Yahweh.

Can we pause for a minute to commemorate this line of thought as one of the greatest examples of grasping at straws in Interference history?

Can we pause for a minute to commemorate this line of thought as one of the greatest examples of grasping at straws in Interference history?

Oh I got another one then.

That first post you quoted says it's Exodus 3:14.

When you load Vertigo from Bomb into Windows Mediaplayer, what is it's running time?

:wink: Ayup, 3.14.

Though it's 3.10 on U218 or in iTunes though.

pi.jpg

That's what it all comes down to indeed. Bono's extensive math knowledge when he's inebriated.... or maybe he was just hungry for some pie.

«At the beginning of the song Bono counts off in Spanish "Unos, dos, tres, catorce!"[7] In English, this translates to "some, two, three, fourteen!" When asked about this oddity in an interview for Rolling Stone, Bono replied "there may have been some alcohol involved"» -Wikipedia

God this thread is like the spunk thread, it will never die. :crack: How many times have we heard each version of the story now?

As long as you keep posting here madam :shifty:

And as long as I keep anwering your questions to make this thread even longer, on purpose. :wink:

:heart:bon said if he got on stage and 'took my d*** out people would say i was making a statement, they would read something into it' this is an example of that analogy alive and in the flesh!!!
he said it cause it sounded good and matched the rhythmx

or he was drunk. or just messing with us.

all of the above, I don't know

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. Never Drink and Derive...

1+2=3
3+1=14
14+3+1=28
3+2+14+28=49
49*14+3+45=545
564+9*54+565=2564
2548*986542+66597411*64565+69+987=645649879895664545
259898998787947854*45464+989634564548798654*456464546=:doh:
:lmao:never drink and derive....
Also the pi idea and 'Bonovinci Code'

Status
Not open for further replies.