So what've we got so far? - a proposed map of the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^^^^^^^

interesting, the article says that he'll be putting the finishing touches and begin mixing their new album. so which is it?

I still think that, while unlikely, there's great potential that we're getting a double album.

It would make Lanois being described as mixing half of the album as making a little more sense.

On the other hand there's just 5 confirmed tracks on the list right now.
Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, For Your Love and Moment of Surrender. 5 more tracks would probably make it a complete album so maybe Danny is just mixing those five tracks?

On the other hand there's just 5 confirmed tracks on the list right now.
Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, For Your Love and Moment of Surrender. 5 more tracks would probably make it a complete album so maybe Danny is just mixing those five tracks?

Add cedars of lebanon and hopefully another six tracks with Lanois so it's at least 12 songs.

Add cedars of lebanon and hopefully another six tracks with Lanois so it's at least 12 songs.

Well, there certainly are a few song titles rumoured to be included but those five are the only ones to have been confirmed at the moment.
I hope we get at least 11 songs and a UK/Japan bonus track as it's usually been the last couple of times (Holy Joe/The Ground Beneath Her Feet/Fast Cars) and lots of original B-sides. U2's other two masterpieces generated at least some cool B-sides.

"I feel great about it," Lanois said from his Toronto studio. "It's innovative, and the president of the company (Bono) is singing like a bird. I can only anticipate it's going to be one of their big ones."

This is not an old quote, friends! haha...another "singing like a bird" quote...omggg :drool: :drool: :drool:

The excitement is sllooooooowwwwwwlllyyyyyyyy starting to crawl back now....

seriously I have a feeling Bono is going to go nuts on this record :pray:

"I feel great about it," Lanois said from his Toronto studio. "It's innovative, and the president of the company (Bono) is singing like a bird. I can only anticipate it's going to be one of their big ones."

This is not an old quote, friends! haha...another "singing like a bird" quote...omggg :drool: :drool: :drool:

The excitement is sllooooooowwwwwwlllyyyyyyyy starting to crawl back now....

seriously I have a feeling Bono is going to go nuts on this record :pray:

Where'd you get that news from Rob about Lanois saying stuff from his studio about the new album?

They are mixing half of the album because the other half has been mixed... (5 confirmed titles + cedars) :rockon:

Oh yeah!!!!! :hyper:

Where'd you get that news from Rob about Lanois saying stuff from his studio about the new album?

They are mixing half of the album because the other half has been mixed... (5 confirmed titles + cedars) :rockon:

Oh yeah!!!!! :hyper:

that's a direct quote from an article...Danny keeps saying he's singing like a bird :hyper:

Let's update the Simplified List:

Breathe
Ben's clip2, Eno's Keys (in Eno's headphones), Adam Fans, daveyg clip (@u2.com) and Bono's charity lyrics sheet.

Get On Your Boots
Ben's clip3, Larry Drumming, Green Tea, Adam Bass, The Couch, It Might Get Loud documentary.

Moment of Surrender
Eno Gels (not played aloud but in the background?), UltraViolet Brazil (very faint clip)

No Line On The Horizon
Ben's clip1, Here is what is #3, U2_Neat clip (February)

For Your Love
DOL13 May 18 clip (U2HQclip)

Cedars Of Lebanon
Here Is What Is 2 - old Tripoli etc (??)

"All My Life"
404 (2006)

Thank You For The Day
Ben's clip5 (reworked?) 403 (2006), Lanois version from Canadian charity event and Wall2Wall Guitar festival.

Boy Falling from the Sky (a.k.a. "I Believe")
402 (2006) - might be used exclusively for Spider-Man play in 2009.

Mercy
Leaked in 2004 (was it?)

Love Will Never Say Goodbye (??)
Ben's clip4 and Edgeback 2? Possibly an All That You Can't Leave Behind-sessions leftover.

Larry Stuff & Edgeback 3
A heavy, Zeppelin inspired riff it seems.

------------------------------------------------------------
Still unknown songs (and unrelated?) snippets:

U2.com:
Larry In Studio - Mariachi bass and C/G, F chords.
Larry Drums - Marching drum-pattern.
Motorcycle - Chimey bells.
Edge Funk - Cheesy blues-riff.
Dallas - Ambient piece about 2 minutes long.
Ultraviolet Brazil - two clips of Larry (Sam?) drumming.
Edge Back 1 - Acoustic Gretsch White Falcon.
Edge Back 4 - Delay riffs.
Code:
Standard Tuning (eBDAE)

e|----10|----12|-----7|-----8|-----7|-----5|-----3|
B|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
G|------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
D|-12---|-14---|-9----|-10---|-9----|-7----|-5----|  x2

Here Is What Is trailer (2007):
0 - Lanois talking about his friendship with Eno and U2 (ambient piece based on B minor riff) - did not end up on his own album. (Possibly an older Lanois track?)
1 - Pentaonic bluesy riff over 6/8 rhythm pattern including Lanois on telecaster and Bono scat singing.
4 - Ambient piece in D-major.

Others , likely fake:
Youtube:
  • "Rehearsals" from InBloom74
  • three "New U2 riff"-videos from yevetsg - quickly removed by user himself.

Last update: October 20th 2008

Hmm...perhaps it didn't stay simple, my bad.
EDIT: Just realized this was my 2,500th post. :p

^yes, good list....it's important to keep in mind though that in terms of song titles and which songs are what, we really don't know any of this information for sure. I'm still hoping we haven't heard NLOTH or MOS :giggle: ...now that would be awesome :)

Breathe
Ben's clip2, Eno's Keys (in Eno's headphones), Adam Fans, daveyg clip (@u2.com) and Bono's charity lyrics sheet.

Get On Your Boots
Ben's clip3, Larry Drumming, Green Tea, Adam Bass, The Couch, It Might Get Loud documentary.

Moment of Surrender
Eno Gels (not played aloud but in the background?), UltraViolet Brazil (very faint clip)

No Line On The Horizon

For Your Love

Cedars Of Lebanon

"All My Life"
404 (2006)

Thank You For The Day
Ben's clip5 (reworked?) 403 (2006), Lanois version from Canadian charity event and Wall2Wall Guitar festival.

Mercy
Leaked in 2004 (was it?)

Ben's clip4 and Edgeback 2? Possibly an All That You Can't Leave Behind-sessions leftover.

Larry Stuff & Edgeback 3

U2.com:

0 - Lanois talking about his friendship with Eno and U2 (ambient piece based on B minor riff) - did not end up on his own album. (Possibly an older Lanois track?)
1 - Pentaonic bluesy riff over 6/8 rhythm pattern including Lanois on telecaster and Bono scat singing.

Others , likely fake:
Youtube:

The_Edge, thanks so much for compiling all that info! That is awesome!! I didn't realize there were some "new u2 riffs" videos althought I knew about the InBloom74 videos! Anyway Thanks again for taking the time to post it up and BTW congrats on your 2500th post!!

The_Edge, thanks so much for compiling all that info! That is awesome!! I didn't realize there were some "new u2 riffs" videos althought I knew about the InBloom74 videos!

They were nothing special at all, in fact I guess he just had too much time on his hands. The latest one I saw was called "New U2 Riff - For Your Love" though. It didn't sound much like the clip we've heard already. :hmm:

larrystuff.swf is the intro to "For your Love" (U2hqclip), edgeback #3 is the same riff altered for the post chorus section of that song, you can even play one over the other and hear them gel perfectly.

Breathe

Get On Your Boots

Moment of Surrender

No Line On The Horizon

For Your Love

Cedars Of Lebanon

"All My Life"
404 (2006)

Thank You For The Day

Mercy
Leaked in 2004 (was it?)

Larry Stuff & Edgeback 3

U2.com:

Others , likely fake:

Youtube:

Thanks for that Edge89. :up:

hey guys, my FIRST post on this forum :DD. anyway, i look forward to the new album very much. thank for a massive info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom