So what are your Thanksgiving plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Just wondering what everyone plans are for the Thanksgiving Holiday?

Mine is spending it with my cousins and their families. There will be 12 of us for dinner on Thursday, and some showing up later. Believe it or not we are not having having turkey for it is not a big hit with them, so we are having ham and Italian dishes, since my dad's side of the family are 100% Italian Americans. This is the 4th Thanksgiving since my mom passed away in 2003. and my dad in 1999. Each year seems to get a little easier, but I do miss them so very much. Hope everyone here who celebrates the Holiday will have have good one. :hug:

Sleep in till 11:30 (the best part) b/c I don't have to make a dish just bring sodas, go to my aunt's with my maternal relatives (even though my parents aren't going), then possibly making a showing at the paternal side, but not likely (that's where my parents will be, but we don't like that side much). Friday Phil has to work, so I'll probably sleep in and catch up on TV or Christmas shop.....online!

Driving to Seattle to have dinner with my extended family there. I find out tomorrow if I get Friday off or not. If I do, I'll stay the entire weekend and hang out with family and friends. If not, I'll head back home early Friday morning. :) Should be great!

Mom and I will start cooking on Wednesday (the turkey and the cornbread for the dressing), I'll also be busy on Wednesday cleaning up the dining room and decorating a little. Then on thursday, we'll spend the day cooking everything else (which includes reheating the turkey, chopping tons of celery and onions for the dressing, and peeling potatoes).
The family will get here (everybody buy my sister and my cousin, who live on the other side of the country), and we'll stuff our faces, and then be really lazy :)

Sleep in, watch some parade, go to my moms with the kids & hubby, with my brother and his wife and my 2 year old niece who I adore. And I was just told by my bro I am going to be an aunt again. That will make no. 4 niece or nephew for me, so I am very thankful :yes:

Eat turkey and desserts.

My Thanksgiving celebration is going to be tomorrow evening (which I just found out at 5:20 pm today :crazy: ). Just me, my aunt, my brother, and my niece (his daughter) -- I like the small gatherings and that's pretty much the only family around here anyway.

Just going to have a nice dinner and maybe watch a movie. The hairy part is getting everything ready while working in an already scheduled trip (business) to Yellow Springs (a 162 mile round trip) in the afternoon. Still it should be fun.

On the actual day I will probably do most of my Christmas shopping online. :)

Dinner at my mom's with a cousin & her family, Mr. Blu's mom & stepdad, brother & sis-n-law, and a dear friend and his mother. No turkey, just some grilled chicken and lemon pepper pork tenderloin. :drool:

Besides, we're doing the traditional stuff Saturday with my mom's siblings & all the cousins & their kids.

Good thing Mr. Blu & I just inherited/salvaged a treadmill from the neighbors! :yikes: :D

I will be eating as much food as I can keep down. I will then wake up early the following morning to go to my admin job and work there and by that I mean decorating the office for Christmas. I will then work the closing shift at my other job. It will be busy weekend for me. Ah retail work during the holidays:drool:

UofU_mountain.jpg

I will be here w family.
:)

going to my aunt and uncle's house with my parents; 7 of my adult cousins will be there as well, and they have 7 little kids between them. :crack: spending the rest of the weekend at my parents' house; sleeping, shopping, and hopefully going to see 'borat' (finally!).

Just staying home - having my parents & my mother-in-law over; just the 6 of us. And hubby does all the cooking :happy: I can help with the prep work and cleaning house :grumpy:

Oh, and watching the extended Grey's Anatomy that evening :shifty:

Let's see. Tomorrow I spend most of the day traveling. Wednesday, I visit my high school with a couple friends, and later that day my mother makes me chicken cutlets with fried peppers. Thursday we have some of the family come over. Friday I hang with friends from home (I've gotta try to fit in as many old friends as possible this weekend. It will be quite the miracle if I can pull it off.) And Saturday I believe is the same thing. And some time in their my grandmother is cooking dinner for us. :drool: times you have no idea how much.

Waking up as early as possible to make the dishes I'm supposed to bring (veggies/dip and green beans, plain so I don't have to eat that nasty cream of mushroom soup/canned onion casserole for once :yuck: ) , then going to the bf's granny's house in Atlanta where his family all goes. Then going back home that night and putting up the tree, since that's the soonest he'll let me put up Christmas decorations. :grumpy: :hyper:

ThoraSEB said:
Driving to Seattle to have dinner with my extended family there. I find out tomorrow if I get Friday off or not. If I do, I'll stay the entire weekend and hang out with family and friends. If not, I'll head back home early Friday morning. :) Should be great!

Well, I'm not going any more. Apparently we're too busy at work, and they decided they can't let me take any time off, even after they had already promised it to me. :grumpy:

It will just be a normal day for me then.

Going back to my hometown with my dad. We're going to stay at my sister's for the weekend and have Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's. I'm very excited. :D

daisy and i will spend the night at my mom's house wednesday night along with my brother, sister, and other relatives. work in the kitchen all day thursday, watch football, etc. maybe sneak in some alcohol.

Greet the day with a yawn and a smile, :wink: prepare for "the vultures" to eat me out of house and home, listen to everyone argue about politics (a tradition in my family) after a hearty meal, start the clean-up while making everyone listen to 18 SINGLES as they veg out in a booze induced haze. Then I'll politely smile and nod as they EACH say; "Dinner was great, next year we'll have to do this at OUR place."

* .... we never do. :eyebrow:

Mom's house.. with brother, Ashley, babies, kids, daafish etc etc. Yay turkey!!

Gonna call the folks in the US who get a week off, then carry about my merry Canuck way.

It's kind of like a pre-Christmas Christmas, isn't it?

Going to my parent's and eating until my stomache turns into a small black hole. :happy:
My mom makes this salad/noodle thing that's just amazing. :drool:

I probably get in some sort of argument wth my brother.
A friendly one, we don't hate eachother.

Back
Top Bottom