So just how much do you think the setlist will change on night two?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Considering what has been said about how the band have rehearsed 50+ songs and various other statements, some of us are really starting to expect varied setlists. Personally, I am trying not to get my hopes up, but I do indeed expect some variation. What are you expecting, if anything?

Personally ... well, considering how incredibly wrong much of our speculation has been, I'm going to sit back and wait and see, and hope for Gloria. 40 will stay as the closer, hopefully for the whole tour. There's no reason why it should not close every show from here until the end of the band. Well, I'm sure some of you could come up with plenty of reasons, but to me, it's the ultimate closer and it can stay there.

Setlist rotation

I actually do have my hopes up. The boy trio got me yearnin for some October. Not to mention Pop and Zooropa.

I saw two shows on the Elevation tour, and there were only maybe 3 songs different, max. It was a bit disappointing there wasn't more variety, but I understand w/ a big production it's not easy to make it work. That said, rumor was from Edge that they didn't finalize the setlist until late Sunday night--so from comments made post-show my guess is Elevation at the very least is gone. Hopefully Gone. :)

Maybe Original will take over for Yahweh.... I could see All Because Of You and Elevation swapping.... I could see Vertigo moving to where Elevation is.... I could see Exit where Running To Stand Still is.... I could see With Or Without You where Pride is.... I could see Until The End Of The World somewhere.... And did Bono really sing "I'm ready for Acrobat" on Zoo Station....? :drool:

The one change that I would think would be the most obvious would be swapping Pride for Gloria.

As for the rest, I think the "interchangeable" pieces are where the classics ended up in the set. SBS, NYD, Pride and perhaps even An Cat Dubh/into the heart. I think these are the main songs that may go in and out of the set. I also think they will toy with the general arrangement of the songs. So we might see a lot of the same songs in a wildly different order.

Just a hunch.

Peace.

Gloria, Until the End of the World, Out of Control, Stuck in a Moment and Mysterious Ways are major contenders.
They will drop probably Elevation(please, God).
Gone would be a nice surprise.
Hoping for Ultra Violet and Please. Of the improbable ones, I'm cheering for Dirty Day and Exit.
And I'm sticking to that "I'm ready for the Acrobat" line very closely... :D :rockon: :rockon:

I'm hoping that they add Crumbs. It's my second favorite Atomic Bomb song and I want to hear a live version. I was 100% sure they would play it because of how it describes Bono's feelings about debt relief and I still can't really believe it didn't make the cut. Instead they turned to the old, reliable Bullet to be the big political anthem yet again.

I think they should swap SBS for TUF from time to time, think it would fit there. But as far as I know it hasen't been rehearsed. Perhaps they will swap SBS with Please or even Surrender as they have rehearesed these iirc

I think that Stuck will appear this night.

My entire prediction :cool: :

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Stories For Boys
All because of you
Gloria
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America
Running To Stand Still / Hallelujah
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation/Stuck in a moment

encore(s):
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Yahweh

No Elevation, we agree? Either An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart or Cry/Electric Co. will be switched for Gloria I think. Yahweh might be moved, so it says One - 40 instead. It didn't fit there. My prayers for a performance of Until The End Of The World. I'm not sure if Sunday Bloody Sunday will stay there, but I think Bullet will. New Year's Day may leave too. Maybe Yahweh won't even be played and Original of The Species/Crumbs will take its place. I don't think we'll see WOWY or Bad, but Ultraviolet is a hope.

Here is a prediction, but I don't think I'll get it as I have failed everytime I make a prediction.

I do, however, see more setlist variation as the tour moves forward.

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Stories For Boys
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
Until the End of the World
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Stuck in a Moment
Yahweh(acoustic)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America
Running To Stand Still / Hallelujah
Zoo Station
The Fly
Sunday Bloody Sunday

encore(s):
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
All because of you
Gloria

Well, maybe I'll be more suprised, can't wait to see tonight.

I don't see them changing it up too much this early on. Maybe a song or two if they thought a particular section didn't work well opening night.

I reckon the setlist will be pretty static the first 5 or 6 shows until the entire tour gets up to speed.

BTW I think that Crumbs will be added in much like Kite was last tour. I don't think Kite will make many sets as its theme is there in Sometimes, and I don't think Bono would won't to take away from the emotional highpoint of Sometimes.

Another prediction:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Beautiful Day
All Because of You
Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky / HTBA
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Walk On

Pride
Streets
One
Yahweh
Gloria

If I was a betting man I would put my chips on the following songs being played:

Stuck In A Moment
I Will Follow
Out of Control

I think they should drop both Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bullet The Blue Sky, and let New Years Day and LAPOE take their places. No need for all 4 of those songs, IMO.

I pray to God that Crumbs is added by the time I get to see them. IMO, it's the best song on the new album. Loved An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, hope that stays. I'm with those who are sick to death of SBS, New Year's Day, Bullet, and Pride. Would love to see Ultraviolet, Stay, Hold Me Thrill Me, and Exit make appearances. To the people who are speculating that we may hear Acrobat, dear god I hope you're right!!

It would be great if we got in the second night Gloria and Stuck In A Moment (new version), they might play UTEOTW but I don't know. I don't think they will play Elevation, which is a pity. I hope they still play The Electric Co., The Fly, An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart and Zoo Station. Can't wait until they play Surrender! :drool:

do we have any spies at the concert tonight? is @u2 .com going to do their setlist real-time thing again? Cause if so I have my night planned out :wink:

TheBrazilianFly said:
It would be great if we got in the second night Gloria and Stuck In A Moment (new version), they might play UTEOTW but I don't know. I don't think they will play Elevation, which is a pity. I hope they still play The Electric Co., The Fly, An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart and Zoo Station. Can't wait until they play Surrender! :drool:

IF, mind you, they play Surrender.

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
All Because Of You
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else